It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Can't Trump Take a Joke.

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: narrator

I think people should read a short history of Donald trump. He's a womanizer and has had affairs, along with claims of sexual advances.

You're right, it's not locker room talk because not all guys talk like that. But it is exaggerated talk coming from his personality.

I don't think that disqualifies him as president, but he sure isnt a good example of a "good guy" when it comes to women.

I knew guys that would openly brag about cheating and being sleazy. It's just weak dueshy character in my opinion.

His policies are more important than his sexual behavior though...

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   
He ain't getting paid everytime someone uses his name...if he did he probably be the one laughing with and at.
edit on 20-2-2019 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

He's vexed that people don't savor his tremendous, beautiful and bellowing farts as much as he does.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 11:27 AM
link   

I think people should read a short history of Donald trump. He's a womanizer and has had affairs, along with claims of sexual advances.

You're right, it's not locker room talk because not all guys talk like that. But it is exaggerated talk coming from his personality.

I don't think that disqualifies him as president, but he sure isnt a good example of a "good guy" when it comes to women.

I knew guys that would openly brag about cheating and being sleazy. It's just weak dueshy character in my opinion.

His policies are more important than his sexual behavior though...

Sure, but there are inherent problems with not being able to take criticism, and assuming you know more than the professionals working for you. I've seen it close up, with a CIO that would never listen to his professionals - he questioned everything, and assumed he knew more than everyone. I left that company - they lost money last year, and are going downhill because of his attitude. They go through departmental leaders like popcorn, similar to how Trump goes through advisors. I now work for a company where the leadership allows the people they hire to make decisions.. because that's what they pay them to do, and this company is making great money and growing fast. Leadership style is important.

Trump ignores advisors, or doesn't' even bother consulting them before making some of his more inane comments, sometimes to leaders of other countries. The premise to this thread about not being able to take a joke is a more serious matter. He actually can't take criticism. Which means he just assumes all his decisions are the right ones, and he attacks anyone (or news source) that questions him. I don't care how great his followers may think he is, he is NOT an expert on foreign affairs, politics, terrorism, and so on. This can be a real problem. And I said before he took office, I hoped his administration, due to his narcissistic, braggart, ego-centered personality, could keep him clear of any colossal, incredibly detrimental actions or comments. And I still hope that.. if he doesn't fire them all first.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

That's his personality and hopefully he learns that he needs to listen more, and hopefully his enemies don't lead him to make a really bad decision...Like you said....

That personality is also what got him elected. Having extreme confidence no matter what. Huge ego can be a huge problem...

I guess we'll find out... I don't think he's doing anything crazy that another Republican president wouldn't likely be doing..

Building a wall, indefinite stay in Iraq, North Korea talks, removing Obama policies in exchange for his own, ect...

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

Cult of Personality .... Trump oozes confidence and charisma. People an look past his flaws and believe he is something greater.. Hence the Qanon conspiracy...

Then again, the other choice was hillary, so that helped.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   

You think what he was talking about was consensual sex? Then we have nothing more to discuss, as we're clearly speaking different languages.

No, I said a sexual act.

"They let you do it". That's plain english. Is that consensual or non-consensual?

No, they hammered into your pliable brain the exact opposite, and it worked.

Your dogmas are threatened so you scurry away. I get it. You've been lied to. You've been duped. It's tough to admit.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: MadLad
"They let you do it". That's plain english. Is that consensual or non-consensual?

Depends. They might feel pressured and #metoo you years later.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   

You think what he was talking about was consensual sex? Then we have nothing more to discuss, as we're clearly speaking different languages.

No, I said a sexual act.

No, they hammered into your pliable brain the exact opposite, and it worked.

Your dogmas are threatened so you scurry away. I get it. You've been lied to. You've been duped. It's tough to admit.

None of the above is true.

"They let you do it" does NOT mean that it's consensual. Rape victims "let them do it" all the time, because they're terrified of the violence, ridicule, etc. that may occur if they fight it.

He specifically says in that conversation that he kisses girls and grabs their genitals without their permission. "I don't even wait". That is the definition of sexual assault.

If we're going to use your line of reasoning, then Louis C.K. and Harvey Weinstein didn't technically do anything wrong, because the women they assaulted didn't make them stop.

Is that what you're claiming? Because if you're saying that what Trump said wouldn't constitute sexual assault, then you're saying the same thing about those guys.

And that's hideous. Hence why I'm done talking to you. It has nothing to do with "scurrying away", it's solely because I don't want to speak with you anymore, because I find you to be a vile person.

I will not be responding to you anymore.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   

No, there is nothing indicating sexual assault but what you've been told to repeat and grasping at straws. You're making things up. You're fantasizing. You're using those fantasies to paint a narrative you know nothing about, but nonetheless believe to true.

Look how you continue to misrepresent what I said. Not only do you make up rape and sexual assault stories, but you can't even properly represent your opponents arguments. You lack good faith.

Good, run away. Again.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

Depends. They might feel pressured and #metoo you years later.

Perhaps. Either way, in the conversation he tells a real story and refers to himself in the first person, as in "I moved on her like a b*tch". For the "p*ssy grabbing" part, he used the second person, referring to Billy Bush, not himself.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: MadLad

I don't think he is referring to Billy. How would he know what women would let Billy do? I'd say he used "you" as an indefinite pronoun.

He also starts that part of the conversation talking about what he does and how being a star they let you do this.

Either way, consensual or not would depend on the woman who he might do this to. He certainly wasn't talking about a particular situation.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Where you see jokes many of us see an effort to subvert our government. Via brainwashing ignorant fools to dehumanize the opposition.

We all remember the naked Trump statue right?
Do you all remember what happened to the naked Hillary statue that was unveiled at the same time?
Leftist outrage

Funny how you didn't actually post a video of his response. I got you sport.

He spent all of 15 seconds addressing SNL.

Interesting...
You all claim he lies 99% of the time. Until he speaks sarcastically then you all believe it at face value 100%. Like how he could shoot someone in the street or grab her by the *****. Then your lack of self-awareness drives you to post something like this. Furthering the notion you wear political blinders.
Kudos...
*slow clap*
edit on 20-2-2019 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   

I don't think he is referring to Billy. How would he know what women would let Billy do? I'd say he used "you" as an indefinite pronoun.

He also starts that part of the conversation talking about what he does and how being a star they let you do this.

Either way, consensual or not would depend on the woman who he might do this to. He certainly wasn't talking about a particular situation.

That's a completely fair take on the tape. The worst that could be proven from tape was that he was hitting on a married woman, who said he took her furniture shopping.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   

I think the worse thing is that he admits that he is not above using his position in exchange for sexual favors. That is what the #metoo thing is all about.

Not saying that he has actually ever done it but, if anyone ever accused him, then that would be the part of the recording used against him.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I think the worse thing is that he admits that he is not above using his position in exchange for sexual favors. That is what the #metoo thing is all about.

Not saying that he has actually ever done it but, if anyone ever accused him, then that would be the part of the recording used against him.

He’s been accused by quite a few people already right around the time the tape came out. He made it through, nonetheless.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

meh fair enough I see what you're getting at but still, if he would just take it as a joke and move on the reaction wouldn't make him look as bad.

Dont you think if he was to get out in front of it and to a sketch with himself and Alec Baldwin right at the start these SNL skits wouldnt really be as effective.

Who does he look bad too ?

Anyone with any faculties left could see none of it are jokes at all.

But exactly their sneering ridicule at maximum intent..you can feel the hatred oozing from all pores.

He would look bad IF he took it as a joke..cause they are not and NEVER HAVE BEEN jokes.

Alec Baldwin do a sketch along with him ?

I do not think you are serious, these people..the rest of Hollywood and SNL HAVE BANNED TRUMP...God you are stupid sometimes.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   

I remember some public allegations of old incidents and that part of the tape was argued about by those on both sides. Never really looked into it but it did seem confined to the court of public opinion. During an election you need grains of salt all around.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Wapo

Why Trump — and other authoritarians — can’t take a joke

... biig snip ...

Autocrats recognize the disarming power of comedy.
Laughter is the opposite of fear. And so-called laughtivism can broaden the appeal of resistance movements, allowing them to recruit new members. It also forces snowflake strongmen such as Trump into a trap: If they threaten to crack down on comedy, they look even more ridiculous.

The problem, of course, is that humor cuts both ways. Too many people see Trump as an amusement rather than a threat. Millions laugh at his bombastic threats, his abuse of minorities or his repeated vows to jail his political opponents. And those who laugh with him are less likely to see those objectively authoritarian behaviors for the danger they represent. There are cautionary tales from history, too — of countries that have laughed along as democracy died.

Comedy is a powerful tool in cutting would-be autocrats down to size. But we shouldn’t make the mistake of viewing Trump as a harmless joke rather than an authoritarian menace. While “Saturday Night Live” is funny, threats by the president of the United States to crack down on them for making jokes at his expense are no laughing matter

While “Saturday Night Live” is funny,threats by the president of the United States to crack down on them for making jokes at his expense are no laughing matter

And that should sound alarm bells ringing every where

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 06:20 PM
link   

He will have calmed down by now after a nice new spray tan.

Probably getting Vajazzled downstairs in the next pic.

edit on 20-2-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join