It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Can't Trump Take a Joke.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: network dude

Ok can you explain to me what a random quote you have taken off a random thread that you haven't linked to has to do with the subject of Trump not being able to take a joke?

EDIT: Just saw you're second post.

So again what does a random quote that you can't attribute to anyone have to do with anything?

you did say this, did you not?

I also think all too often some of them confuse a joke or criticism for that matter about trump as a attack on them personally.

In answer to that statement, I offered an example of a random post from earlier today showing how an anti Trump post devolves into personal attacks. It happens often, and I think answers your point. You started this thread, I assume for discussion. If you just want to say your peace and not have anyone question you, let me know.

Trump does dumb things and deserves some of the ridicule he gets. he's the best at not taking jokes, the best. But when there is nothing but scorn, ridicule, and hate, it stops being funny and looks like what a bully in grade school might do.

If it was Obama being tormented to this level, I suspect more of your ilk might notice it better.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   

To be fair tough thats just a quote of someone being a arse hole am not talking about people just insulting Trump supporters for the sake of it.

I am specifically asking why Trump can't take a joke.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

originally posted by: network dude

Also, I think they spend too much time on the defense, to really stop and take a joke.

I wonder why that is?

Possible victim complex?

(Or they take themselves too seriously)

It's probably due to all the positive media coverage Trump gets. The camera and the MSM really do love him. They treat him like a golden version of Obama, well, perhaps more of an orange version.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   

To be fair tough thats just a quote of someone being a arse hole am not talking about people just insulting Trump supporters for the sake of it.

as I said in the post above yours. It was in direct answer to a statement YOU made in THIS thread. Again, not becoming at all.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   

I think you won't be able to get passed their defensive state, to get a straight answer on that one.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

GD hypocrisy from the people that created PC.

'Feelings'.

Amen to that. A lot of my sense of humor seems to be more and more forbidden as the days go on all because people can't take a joke anymore, and yet he's being called out for the same thing.

To be honest, I've always laughed at jokes regarding the presidents over the years, but I don't really laugh at many of the jokes regarding Trump. I don't laugh at most of them because, well, they're just not funny. The people creating the jokes are trying too hard. I'll use the recent Family Guy episodes regarding Trump and his family.

Most of the jokes are just trying too hard to make fun of them, and they're making fun of them in ways that aren't really that true. For example, they draw Trump like he's some really hideously fat bastard. I don't get how that caricatures him because he's not that fat. Sure, he seems to have a gut and I'm sure he's got him some love handles, but nowhere at all near the way he was drawn. The guy is already goofy looking as it is without having to create exaggerations that don't quite stick. The way they portrayed Ivanka seemed pretty bad as well, as if they couldn't really think of anything truly appropriate.

I will admit, though, having Trump put his head in a cotton candy machine to get his hair ready was classic, that part did make me laugh. XD With how his hair looks, that one really felt like it fit.

So, long story short, a joke will be laughed at if it's funny. Many of the jokes out there don't seem to be aiming for the funny, but rather to be as mean as possible.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Take a joke.... Hell Op if any of the other former standing Potus's had taken 1/10 the ridicule as Trump has taken they would have taken their candy asses home.

Nah in my view I was not a Trump fan, but this guy has (brass) balls when he has most of Bollywood, Former elected officials, Liberal Colleges, and known elected officials who go out of there way to slander the man.

Nah he is doing just fine in my view

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Also, I think they spend too much time on the defense, to really stop and take a joke.

I wonder why that is?

Possible victim complex?

(Or they take themselves too seriously)

It's probably due to all the positive media coverage Trump gets. The camera and the MSM really do love him. They treat him like a golden version of Obama, well, perhaps more of an orange version.

Well, it really comes down to:
why do you(he) care what they say/think?

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: kingsquirel

Take a joke.... Hell Op if any of the other former standing Potus's had taken 1/10 the ridicule as Trump has taken they would have taken their candy asses home.

Did you forget the ripping that George W "man and fish can coexist" Bush took while in office.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   

as I said in the post above yours. It was in direct answer to a statement YOU made in THIS thread. Again, not becoming at all.

eh?

Are we even on the same thread?

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

So you can't see the difference in their bias from the skit about Obama and the other's?

I think your being disingenuous with this thread.

SNL has went down in quality over the years though and that may explain it, but it could also be the TDS they suffer from.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: highvein

How?

All I am asking is why Trump can't seem to take a joke.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Yeah, SNL really laid it on Obama. Making him into The Rock Obama. Gosh how terrible.

Anyways, SNL hasn't been remotely funny since Sandler, Spade, Schneider etc all left. Oddly enough, most of those guys are Republicans.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   

a reply to: kingsquirel

Did you forget the ripping that George W "man and fish can coexist" Bush took while in office.

Oh cmon Bush senior and Dana Carvey became great friends. They did not demonize the other side .

Now the left is off the hinges and not only demonizing Trump but all of his "Deplorables"

edit on 19-2-2019 by neversleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

GD hypocrisy from the people that created PC.

'Feelings'.

I don't see it as hypocrisy, it's just him simply not being able to take a joke.

Did you ever see what they did to Obama? Did you ever see what the late night hosts did to Obama? Nothing. They made him a spectacle because they were scared of being labeled a racist for picking on the black guy.

Their fear is the only joke.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   

How?

People are just too amped up to even consider this thread isn't an attack.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   

How?

People are just too amped up to even consider this thread isn't an attack.

Yeah I know.

Do you think I should just write 12 paragraphs about what a grate guy Trump is and just put at the end of it; "PS why can't Trump take a joke?" then they might actually answer the question with out going on the defence.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Don't forget how you guys all lost your minds over roseannes joke.

Hypocrites.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   

How?

By not really stating the obvious about the type of skits they do. As another poster pointed out, they are very mean spirited with Trump skits, and with the amount they do of him the only thing comical is their TDS.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   

As another poster pointed out, they are very mean spirited with Trump skits

So he can't take the joke because they were a little to mean to him?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join