It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Can't Trump Take a Joke.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

I don't need to defend Trump for not getting on with it.
One, I wouldn't anyway - that would be precisely the reason I would criticise him. You know, for real reasons.
Two, he is getting on with what he needs to do, so it's all good.

His tweets don't bother me, though some I find funny. Maybe you should not let them bother you? I mean, why can't you take a tweet?

edit on 19/2/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: narrator

originally posted by: MadLad

a reply to: narrator

Take for example Harvey Weinstein. He said such great things about actresses, female directors, marched in Woman's March. Is that decent behavior?

If it was sincere and without pretense, sure it's decent behavior.

He's also behaved hideously. Bad people can do good things. Good people can do bad things.

This, in no way, explains what you meant by the "tweet and said" quote.

Ok. My point was that most criticisms of Trump's behavior largely revolve around what he said or tweeted. For instance, him calling Haiti a "sh*thole" (which is a fact), led to worldwide denunciations of him and his administration. But him commuting Alice Marie Johnson's sentance gets...what?

Why is being critical of Trump such a bad thing?

It isn't. But when a person shows that all they can do is focus on the negative, and often make a mountain out of a mole hill to engineer focus on a negative, it reaches into the realm of derangement.

You are correct, and I agree with you. What you are describing hasn't happened here today though. The OP, along with multiple other Trump critics in this thread, have pointed out times that he did good things. We aren't exclusively focused on the negative.

In this thread, OP was simply pointing out that it seems like Trump has some pretty thin skin. For example, no other president has lashed out at SNL, and the actors portraying them, for having a laugh at their expense. Trump does it every single time Baldwin is on there.
That isn't us being completely negative, that isn't being unfair, etc. etc. etc. That's simply pointing out a fact.

Take out what we say about him, and let's use SNL as a stand-alone example. Forget whether it's funny or not (I don't find SNL funny since the 90's geniuses left the show), just look at it on the surface. A comedy show made fun of him. He lashed out on twitter, insulting the actor who portrayed him, along with insulting the show. He's done that every time SNL has a skit about him.

That's the definition of thin skin. Which was the entire purpose of the OP.

Then it got muddied by people coming to his defense (but it isn't funny! but so many people pick on him! etc) and the thread was overtaken by people defending Trump vs. people defending the OP's right to criticize Trump.

It's pretty obvious that Trump doesn't like people having a laugh at his expense. It isn't a crime to say that, and it really isn't even a thing to get upset about someone saying. No offense to OSOTC because I tend to love his threads, but I'm not really sure how this is at 15 pages now.
edit on 19-2-2019 by narrator because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Take for example Harvey Weinstein. He said such great things about actresses, female directors, marched in Woman's March. Is that decent behavior?

He's also behaved hideously. Bad people can do good things. Good people can do bad things.

Ok. My point was that most criticisms of Trump's behavior largely revolve around what he said or tweeted. For instance, him calling Haiti a "sh*thole" (which is a fact), led to worldwide denunciations of him and his administration. But him commuting Alice Marie Johnson's sentance gets...what?

You're playing fast and loose with the word "fact". That is entirely an opinion, since descriptions such as sh*thole aren't rooted in any form of fact.

But I'll repeat myself again, just because someone does something good (pardoning Ms. Johnson), doesn't mean they can't also do bad things. Plenty of people prop him up for the good things. I've stated on several occasions that he's done some great things. But that doesn't mean that he isn't a giant @ss from time to time.

So, why can't I also say he's done and said some sh!^ty things? Why is being critical of Trump such a bad thing?

That's fair, but looking at any of indexes, whether they be of freedom, living standards, violence, GDP, economy, etc. Haiti falls low on all of them. There is massive unrest and uncertainty there right now. You could say it's not a sh*thole, but I'd have to question your motives for doing so.

If your criticisms are warranted, I fully support it. If they aren't, and are mob-derived, I'm going to criticize back. Why is being critical of you guys such a bad thing?

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   

What I am describing is characteristic of many people who hate Trump and simply can't see past that hatred. That's up to them, but they will always be called out for it.

I pointed out early in the thread that I quite like that he is calling out the media and Hollywood. Both institutions are too biased. President's criticising the media is nothing new. I'd rather he tweeted his displeasure than have journalists arrested.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   
It's only ok when your making fun of libtards, sjw's and snowflakes. Making fun of trump is sacrilege.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Mr.Trump as President of the United States , and who gets No Respect whatsoever from the Media is Not the Second Coming of Rodney Dangerfield . Being Attacked on a Daily Basis would make Any Man Lose his Sense of Humor . That Dawg Don't Hunt Bro ............

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Living an easy life makes people soft.

And unfortunately in this world the more money you have the easier life becomes.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   

One, I wouldn't anyway - that would be precisely the reason I would criticise him. You know, for real reasons.

His tweets don't bother me, though some I find funny. Maybe you should not let them bother you? I mean, why can't you take a tweet?

You are here defending him and his tweets don't bother me.

I was just pointing out that you missed what the other poster was actually saying because you think they meant get on with their job when they meant that he should not have let it get to him, taking him to the point that he felt a need to tweet about it.
edit on 19-2-2019 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

You are here defending him and his tweets don't bother me.

I was just pointing out that you missed what the other poster was actually saying because you think they meant get on with their job when they meant that he should not have let it get to him, taking him to the point that he felt a need to tweet about it.

'Getting on with it' does not mean 'letting it get to him'. Two entirely different meanings.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

Living an easy life makes people soft.

And unfortunately in this world the more money you have the easier life becomes.

Hmm... You sound a Bit Jealous here . LOL , I Hear You . Money Talks , and BS Goes AWAY ..........

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   

'Getting on with it' does not mean 'letting it get to him'. Two entirely different meanings.

I understood it that way and even if the poster used it wrong, it seems that that is what they meant.

So you are arguing against a point nobody made.

And you are defending trump, as always, because he can't take a joke.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

..and here you are arguing against a point you believe is a point related to an argument nobody ever made.

I did however forget you and now I remember how utterly inane any conversation with you is, so I'll leave you to arguing a point about a point that you believe was a point no one ever made.

edit on 19/2/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 06:11 PM
link   

..and here you are arguing against a point you believe is a point related to argument nobody ever made.

Yeah, so?

Trump still can't take a joke and you are defending him like you had some skin in the game.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   

You're playing fast and loose with the word "fact". That is entirely an opinion, since descriptions such as sh*thole aren't rooted in any form of fact.

But I'll repeat myself again, just because someone does something good (pardoning Ms. Johnson), doesn't mean they can't also do bad things. Plenty of people prop him up for the good things. I've stated on several occasions that he's done some great things. But that doesn't mean that he isn't a giant @ss from time to time.

So, why can't I also say he's done and said some sh!^ty things? Why is being critical of Trump such a bad thing?

That's fair, but looking at any of indexes, whether they be of freedom, living standards, violence, GDP, economy, etc. Haiti falls low on all of them. There is massive unrest and uncertainty there right now. You could say it's not a sh*thole, but I'd have to question your motives for doing so.

If your criticisms are warranted, I fully support it. If they aren't, and are mob-derived, I'm going to criticize back. Why is being critical of you guys such a bad thing?

I still don't understand your tweet quote, but I'm just going to drop it since you're dancing around it. Bottom line, he tweets and says some very indecent stuff.

My motive is that it's a pretty crappy thing to say about someone's home, and pretty immature as well. A lot of people love it. The fact that the person who is supposed to represent our country said something so immature is ridiculous to me. Have some tact. Be kind to people who aren't as fortunate as us.

It isn't a bad thing at all, as long as the criticisms are warranted and aren't mob-derived. What's bad is blindly defending the POTUS for literally everything he does, without question. I'm not saying you personally do that, but ATS in general does, and it gets old. There are so many anti-Warren/anti-AOC/anti-Democrat threads on here, but when someone says anything remotely critical of POTUS (or conservatives in general) folks act like we just tried to punch their mother.

It is ok to call out people for their sh*t. No one is immune to that.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Many Haitians would say their country is a sh** hole.
It's odd that a tweet saying this is so shocking and deemed as 'indecent'. Many Americans, mainly on the left, say America is a sh**hole. In fact, many say they don't want a USA. I notice that not many of the people offended by Trump disparaging Haiti are offended at all by anti-American slurs. Odd that.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   

This is the first time i'm seeing that obama/lion king joke .

That was hilarious.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Many Haitians would say their country is a sh** hole.
It's odd that a tweet saying this is so shocking and deemed as 'indecent'. Many Americans, mainly on the left, say America is a sh**hole. In fact, many say they don't want a USA. I notice that not many of the people offended by Trump disparaging Haiti are offended at all by anti-American slurs. Odd that.

Many Haitians would say that they love their country. An outsider making fun of their home isn't exactly a great thing.

It's "shocking" because the President of the United States said this, rather than Joe Shmoe. Someone who supposedly represents 320+ million people. Imagine how much fury this site would have if Merkel said that America is a sh*thole. People would be calling for war.

Some random citizen saying something is vastly different than the leader of the country. Which is part of the reason why he garners so much criticism. He doesn't know how to conduct himself in matters of international importance.

I criticize America all the time. So do a lot of people I know, and it isn't insulting to me at all. The reason why? Because it's our home. We're allowed to be critical of our own home. If Trump drove by my house and then tweeted that it was a sh*thole, I'd be furious. I, myself, am personally critical of my house though. If Trump said that about the entire country, it wouldn't offend me nearly as much.

To flip it: I notice that a very high percentage of the people that defend Trump for disparaging Haiti are incredibly offended by anti-American slurs. Odd that.
edit on 19-2-2019 by narrator because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   

I still don't understand your tweet quote, but I'm just going to drop it since you're dancing around it. Bottom line, he tweets and says some very indecent stuff.

My motive is that it's a pretty crappy thing to say about someone's home, and pretty immature as well. A lot of people love it. The fact that the person who is supposed to represent our country said something so immature is ridiculous to me. Have some tact. Be kind to people who aren't as fortunate as us.

It isn't a bad thing at all, as long as the criticisms are warranted and aren't mob-derived. What's bad is blindly defending the POTUS for literally everything he does, without question. I'm not saying you personally do that, but ATS in general does, and it gets old. There are so many anti-Warren/anti-AOC/anti-Democrat threads on here, but when someone says anything remotely critical of POTUS (or conservatives in general) folks act like we just tried to punch their mother.

It is ok to call out people for their sh*t. No one is immune to that.

He said it in a private meeting. Yet you'll say nothing about the Democrat who ran and leaked a private conversation to the press for political reasons. Have you never swore or said anything untoward in private? Now imagine if someone ratted you out to the press. This is what I mean: you guys police Trump's tweets and speech, but then put on the blinders to actual behavior like the tattle tale who ratted on Trump.

It's the same with the "grab em by the p*ssy" remarks. These remarks were made in private over a decade ago. But the operatives paid to sift through Trump's conversations, leak them to the press in order to make him look bad, get away scott free. These remarks led to the biggest single-day protest in American history. I'll repeat that: no act of violence, injustice, tyranny led to the biggest single-day protest in American history. It was Trumps decades-old, private conversations. This is a glimpse of the priorities you guys are dealing in.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   

I prefer politicians to say what ordinary people say.
This whole 'presidential' thing is a nonsense.
It might be 'shocking' to you, but not to everyone, so the issue is yours. All your reactions to what people say are your own responsibility.

I am glad you are defensive of your country, though. Many are not - they want no borders and no control over who enters your country.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I prefer politicians to say what ordinary people say.
This whole 'presidential' thing is a nonsense.
It might be 'shocking' to you, but not to everyone, so the issue is yours. All your reactions to what people say are your own responsibility.

I am glad you are defensive of your country, though. Many are not - they want no borders and no control over who enters your country.

It is nonsense. But the argument says a lot. It means any old actor, so long as he speaks nicely and eloquently, is presidential enough for them. The problem is many dictators were very eloquent and very intellectual.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join