It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Can't Trump Take a Joke.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
Remind me again how many times Hollywood, light night shows, or SNL depicted the obama's as apes or Michelle as a man.

It says "you guys" not Hollywood, light night shows, or SNL.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12
I honestly know little about his dad.
I think it's A&E, have a documentary on the Trump family out very soon..should be interesting/revealing.
www.aetv.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: fencesitter85

That’s a dam fine post there my good sir

Thanks champ. But it's exasperating even having to write it.

A quick scan of a few posts confirms what I expected - that the poor boy gets mean things said about him so often that anyone would react the same way.

Again, to translate:

"We're defending his inability to take criticism or jokes, by excusing the president of the US having childish tantrums and making up schoolyard names for people, because he gets a lot of bad press."

Think about it for a sec. You lot are always saying "snowflake" and "waaambulance" and posting that utterly pitiful meme of a crying baby, about democrats.

Then you actively defend Donnie for being ALL OF THOSE THINGS, because he gets bad press...? Really? You see no conflict there...?

Honestly I don't know why I still come here and write this stuff when you have certain elements (xuenchen, uktruth etc) sitting here every waking hour spreading disinformation, propaganda, and applying their cog-dis and confirmation bias at every turn.

These discussions are pointless because everyone is too focused on "winning" (like "winning" a 230 mile fence) instead of worrying about their countrymen and women.

It always reminds me of those scumbag traitors wearing those "rather a communist than a democrat" t-shirts.

Utterly ridiculous world we live in.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: fencesitter85
Strong people would get on with it.

He is getting on with it, so there is that.
Do you really even realise what you are typing? A man who goes through 18 months of an intense Presidential election cycle, wins, and then goes through two years of daily attacks and attempts to send him and his family and friends to jail (or worse), yet gets on with it and delivers again and again. You call that weak? LOL.
Fella, I'd like to see you in the same position - you'd be a puddle in the corner after 1 month.

edit on 19/2/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Getting on with it would mean that he wouldn't have reacted in the first place.

Him getting on with it after not getting on with it doesn't really count as getting on with it.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   
When Trump sees Alec Baldwin do something on SNL he doesn't like.

When the anti-Trump squad see's Trump say something they don't like.

Alec Baldwin taking part in their protests:

"Why can't Trump take a joke? He's so thin-skinned."
edit on 19-2-2019 by MadLad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: MadLad

This was the irony I was referring to earlier... the people MOST likely to freak out at the slightest provocation are the ones who complain about Trump reacting.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   

He actually spelled it "dieing"?

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

Getting on with it would mean that he wouldn't have reacted in the first place.

Him getting on with it after not getting on with it doesn't really count as getting on with it.

That makes no sense.
It's possible to get on with your job whilst at the same time adding a post to Twitter.

Take your post on here - does that post mean you are not geting on with what you need to do in life?
Perhaps you should log off and get on with your job in that case and stop slacking.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   

That makes no sense.
It's possible to get on with your job whilst at the same time adding a post to Twitter.

Who said anything about getting on with your job?

Take your post on here - does that post mean you are not geting on with what you need to do in life?
Perhaps you should log off and get on with your job in that case and stop slacking.

Maybe you can defend me not getting on with as much zeal as you do for Trump?

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Do you really even realise what you are typing? A man who goes through 18 months of an intense Presidential election cycle, wins, and then goes through two years of daily attacks and attempts to send him and his family and friends to jail (or worse), yet gets on with it and delivers again and again. You call that weak? LOL.
Fella, I'd like to see you in the same position - you'd be a puddle in the corner after 1 month.

Project your own insecurities onto me all you like.

I negotiate for a living. Trump is an incredibly weak character and your efforts to "prove me wrong" did precisely the opposite my friend.

I repeat: you're excusing it by saying it's fine to have tantrums if you get called enough mean names first.

He's spent the entire presidency having tantrums and crying on Twitter. Therefore he's been weak for the entire time.

Thank you for helping me emphasise my point.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   

This was the irony I was referring to earlier... the people MOST likely to freak out at the slightest provocation are the ones who complain about Trump reacting.

Yes, they've been hurling insult after insult, engaging in the worst sort of bullying and cruelty, ridiculing his looks, his body, his mental health, his very innocence. He responds with a tweet. "Why is Trump so thin-skinned?"

But as soon as he calls the press "The Enemy of the People", democracy is dying in darkness.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   

I negotiate for a living. Trump is an incredibly weak character and your efforts to "prove me wrong" did precisely the opposite my friend.

I repeat: you're excusing it by saying it's fine to have tantrums if you get called enough mean names first.

He's spent the entire presidency having tantrums and crying on Twitter. Therefore he's been weak for the entire time.

Tweeting and speaking constitutes tantrums for you guys? What sort of padded room did you grow up in?

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: fencesitter85

Lol, you negotiate for a living?

Fella, get another job!

Like I said - 1 month - puddle in the corner.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: MadLad

Tweeting and speaking constitutes tantrums for you guys? What sort of padded room did you grow up in?

Shhh.. don't you know... he's a negotiator!

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Yes, they've been hurling insult after insult, engaging in the worst sort of bullying and cruelty, ridiculing his looks, his body, his mental health, his very innocence. He responds with a tweet. "Why is Trump so thin-skinned?"

But as soon as he calls the press "The Enemy of the People", democracy is dying in darkness.

That's the anti-Trumpers for you. Behave as we say, not how we behave. Hypocrisy and control.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: narrator

a reply to: narrator

Take for example Harvey Weinstein. He said such great things about actresses, female directors, marched in Woman's March. Is that decent behavior?

If it was sincere and without pretense, sure it's decent behavior.

He's also behaved hideously. Bad people can do good things. Good people can do bad things.

This, in no way, explains what you meant by the "tweet and said" quote.

Ok. My point was that most criticisms of Trump's behavior largely revolve around what he said or tweeted. For instance, him calling Haiti a "sh*thole" (which is a fact), led to worldwide denunciations of him and his administration. But him commuting Alice Marie Johnson's sentance gets...what?

You're playing fast and loose with the word "fact". That is entirely an opinion, since descriptions such as sh*thole aren't rooted in any form of fact.

But I'll repeat myself again, just because someone does something good (pardoning Ms. Johnson), doesn't mean they can't also do bad things. Plenty of people prop him up for the good things. I've stated on several occasions that he's done some great things. But that doesn't mean that he isn't a giant @ss from time to time.

So, why can't I also say he's done and said some sh!^ty things? Why is being critical of Trump such a bad thing?

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Cult members can not have anyone be critical of their leader.
Trump supporters display symptoms of cultism.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Take for example Harvey Weinstein. He said such great things about actresses, female directors, marched in Woman's March. Is that decent behavior?

If it was sincere and without pretense, sure it's decent behavior.

He's also behaved hideously. Bad people can do good things. Good people can do bad things.

This, in no way, explains what you meant by the "tweet and said" quote.

Ok. My point was that most criticisms of Trump's behavior largely revolve around what he said or tweeted. For instance, him calling Haiti a "sh*thole" (which is a fact), led to worldwide denunciations of him and his administration. But him commuting Alice Marie Johnson's sentance gets...what?

Why is being critical of Trump such a bad thing?

It isn't. But when a person shows that all they can do is focus on the negative, and often make a mountain out of a mole hill to engineer focus on a negative, it reaches into the realm of derangement.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

When actors make their feeling for the POTUS known, I don't think their humor can ever be as effective.
It was not done in the true spirit of comedy, IMHO.

“I’m going to mosey in there and hopefully we’ll have a fresh round of indictments to tear into,” he said. “From my mouth to Robert Mueller’s ears.”

He explained of his “cartoonish” portrayal of the president, “All I wanted my Trump to be is mean-spirited and miserable,

pagesix.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join