It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Can't Trump Take a Joke.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: narrator

originally posted by: MadLad

originally posted by: highvein
a reply to: vonclod

his lack of decent human behaviour at times feeds what comes back to him.

And what would that be? What has he done that has a lack of decent human behavior since becoming President?

Every answer to this question starts with "Trump tweeted..." or "Trump said..."

Are tweeting and saying things not behavior anymore?

Sure it is, just that it's one of the least consequential behaviors one can do.

So, it's an example of a lack of decent human behavior.

No.

Great input. Care to elaborate on why it isn't?

You yourself said that tweeting and talking are human behaviors. A lot of his tweets, and a lot of what he says, would be considered "indecent". Therefore, these are examples of a lack of decent human behavior.

What part of that logic is wrong.

I also said it was some of the least consequential behaviours. Donating one’s salary to charity, however, is far more consequential. But some aren’t concerned with that sort of decent behaviour, likely because they much rather stick to thought policing.

Just because someone does decent things doesn't mean that they don't also do indecent things.

It doesn’t mean they do, either.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   

And what would that be? What has he done that has a lack of decent human behavior since becoming President?

No.

You yourself said that tweeting and talking are human behaviors. A lot of his tweets, and a lot of what he says, would be considered "indecent". Therefore, these are examples of a lack of decent human behavior.

I also said it was some of the least consequential behaviours. Donating one’s salary to charity, however, is far more consequential. But some aren’t concerned with that sort of decent behaviour, likely because they much rather stick to thought policing.

Why does it feel like it's all or nothing with some of you.

Its so black and white, you either hate Trump not matter what or love him no matter what and those are the two camps.

I think its really good that he donates his salary to charity just like it was really good of Obama to donate over $1 Million of his own money to charity also. I think its awesome that he is making things better with North Korea, I his views on abortion, I even thought it was nice of him checking that camera man was ok a few days ago at his rally.

Am not making a comparison here but Hitler loved animals, Bin Laden was said to be the nicest guy ever to his followers and am pretty sure I could find redeemable features in just about anyone who has ever lived. Even the worst of us have helped that old lady with her shopping or gave up a seat on the bus.

So yeah Trumps done some really good things, but he's also been accused of rape by his ex wife and walking in on teenage girls getting dressed, he's a man who lies consistently, had made numerous bigoted comments and had adopted various policies that I personally believe to be wrong.

I think the difference between me and many of the trump supporters on this site is that I can praise Trump where I think praise is deserved, yet I can criticise him when its necessary, yet many of you only seem to be able to praise and then defend the indefensible.

It is possible to walk the ground somewhere in the middle.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: MadLad

Unless it was there for all the world to see

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   

No.

Just because someone does decent things doesn't mean that they don't also do indecent things.

It doesn't necessarily mean that they do, but in this case, he has. There are countless examples.

That isn't to say he never does anything good, he certainly does. I agree with him on quite a few things. Donating his salary to charity is awesome. Easing tensions with North Korea is really cool. I could go on.

My point is...Several folks on ATS that are critical of Trump, are also able to praise him, when praise is warranted. Case in point, OSOTC's post a few above mine. However, there are folks on ATS that will never be critical of Trump, even when it's blatantly obvious that he screws up sometimes.

Right now, you're being one of those people. You are arguing a point that he's never done anything indecent. Do you truly believe that?
edit on 19-2-2019 by narrator because: typo

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

It's winter in Scotland, nobody actually goes outside.

Touché

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 03:46 PM
link   

No.

It doesn't necessarily mean that they do, but in this case, he has. There are countless examples.

That isn't to say he never does anything good, he certainly does. I agree with him on quite a few things. Donating his salary to charity is awesome. Easing tensions with North Korea is really cool. I could go on.

My point is...Several folks on ATS that are critical of Trump, are also able to praise him, when praise is warranted. Case in point, OSOTC's post a few above mine. However, there are folks on ATS that will never be critical of Trump, even when it's blatantly obvious that he screws up sometimes.

Right now, you're being one of those people. You are arguing a point that he's never done anything indecent. Do you truly believe that?

I never said that, believe it, nor am I arguing it, so I'm not sure why you're trying to misrepresent me.

Here's what I said: "Every answer to this question starts with "Trump tweeted..." or "Trump said...".

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Yes, people are often judged in part, by their words
..go figure.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   

No.

I never said that, believe it, nor am I arguing it, so I'm not sure why you're trying to misrepresent me.

Here's what I said: "Every answer to this question starts with "Trump tweeted..." or "Trump said...".

I'm aware of what you said. That quote makes it sound like you're trying to disqualify those things as examples of indecent human behavior just because he said or tweeted it.

What do you mean by the comment you quoted yourself as saying? I'm not able to see another way to read what you're saying.

ETA: I'm in no way trying to misrepresent you. What you've typed and what you mean are apparently at odds with each other. If you could explain what you meant by that quote, it'd be great, thanks.
edit on 19-2-2019 by narrator because: eta

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Yes, people are often judged in part, by their words
..go figure.

Any crook, rapist and murderer can speak in niceties. I'm not sure that's the way you should waddle through life.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: narrator

Take for example Harvey Weinstein. He said such great things about actresses, female directors, marched in Woman's March. Is that decent behavior?

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   

That is true.

Some people are good at hiding who they really are, some are not, or oblivious(that is a general statement).
edit on 19-2-2019 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Take for example Harvey Weinstein. He said such great things about actresses, female directors, marched in Woman's March. Is that decent behavior?

If it was sincere and without pretense, sure it's decent behavior.

He's also behaved hideously. Bad people can do good things. Good people can do bad things.

This, in no way, explains what you meant by the "tweet and said" quote.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

That is true.

Some people are good at hiding who they really are, some are not, or oblivious(that is a general statement).

I'd much rather a foul-mouthed, inarticulate, but decent human being, than an eloquent, silver-tongued monster.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   

a reply to: Muninn

I hope you show the same concern to Network-Dude and Carewemust....xuenchen must be a lost cause just now in his "unhealthy obsession with Trump" if more than 3 threads in two months qualifies in your book as a "unhealthy obsession"

It's not just about the threads. And you're not the only one obsessed with Trump, and you're not the only one who shows it on these forums everyday.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

...because huge orange man child !

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   

If it was sincere and without pretense, sure it's decent behavior.

He's also behaved hideously. Bad people can do good things. Good people can do bad things.

This, in no way, explains what you meant by the "tweet and said" quote.

Ok. My point was that most criticisms of Trump's behavior largely revolve around what he said or tweeted. For instance, him calling Haiti a "sh*thole" (which is a fact), led to worldwide denunciations of him and his administration. But him commuting Alice Marie Johnson's sentance gets...what?

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: AProudLefty

Your obsession with his post history is noted.

It's called fact checking with actual research. If we listened to the lefties on this site, we would all think he's only posted 3 anti-Trump threads. This is exactly how the media constantly gets it wrong with Trump and why nobody trusts the media.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Something thing to ponder:

As a "difficult" 13yr old teenager,
Trump was sent away to NYMA

This would be way back in back in '59/'60..
when things like hyperactivity
and ADHD were unknown

As too were the ways ... or even means
of dealing with such ''afflictions''

*Medication was prescribed
Psycology was in it's infancy
Illness management was science fiction...
*Medication = give it some Horse to calm it down

Medical intervention (lobotomisation !) was often suggested
Last chance, archaic NLP programs (!BOOT CAMP!) were often prefered

-There is a wealth of fun stuff about mental wellbeing, analysis, treatment ...post WWII ...
-----

Back on track :
In Trump's formative, early years,
his homelife must've been...not cool

Young Trump rebelled once too often
He was rowdy, right, always getting in to trouble
"The neighbours are laughing at us 'cos a you"

I can clearly imagine Dada Trump having had enough
and limited choices being as what they would've been...
Laid things out to a 13 yr old Donny as follows:

"Right son, this is it.
What's it to be ?
I cut off your balls ...
part of your brain ...

or i pay some guys to teach you a lesson
once and for all.

What's it to be, son?"

The rest is hinfamstory

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

For every 1 Trump negative thread, there are 20 anti-AOC, anti-Hillary, anti-Warren and pro-Trump threads.

So who's more obsessed here?

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   

That sounds like a you problem, I do hope that you get the proper care for the nasty case of TDS you have,

Anyone else getting really bored of these tired TDS insults.

Come up with some of your own original insults ya big flabby jobby, at least try to be original, perhaps if you spent less time obsessing about each and every post I write you might actually develop some original ideas. I cannot help that you get this triggered every time I post, I wish I could, but I can't, only you can help, by not posting childish rubbish every time you see me write the word "Trump".

Yeah, we shouldn't respond to your posts and call them out as garbage. We should let you wallow in them instead and never put up a debate.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join