It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Can't Trump Take a Joke.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: narrator

originally posted by: Nickn3
1/3 of the population wants to either kill him or have his wife rapped, then crack a lame ass joke and he doesn’t laugh, go figure.

What?

Do you have any evidence that what you said is even remotely true? You honestly believe that 1/3 of the population wants Trump to be killed and his wife have horrible things happen to her?

You can't toss around accusations like that without providing evidence to back it up. That's horrible. No one wants those things to happen.

(Well, I can't say no one, absolutes are never a good thing to deal in, according to Obi-Wan. I'm sure some fringe folks might, but that definitely isn't the majority).
Yah probably it would be more accurate if he said 33 1/3 % of Democrats Hollywood celebrities left leaning media and feminists ...

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Be fair. Trump hires plenty of illegal immigrants.

my bad...

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

While it was during the time period when I stopped watching SNL, Will Ferrell's Bush was pretty great. Not as good as Dana Carvey's Bush but better than Darrell Hammond's Clinton.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 01:56 PM
link   

a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

And the numerous political cartoons depicting the Obamas as apes were what? Fun?

Some of the jokes made about Trump may be mean-spirited but most of the jokes the Right made about Obama were downright hateful and racist.

So it's all good right?

Ape jokes about Obama - all good.
Mean spirited jokes abut Trump - all good.

After all, they are just jokes.

Correct?

It's getting quite hard to follow the logic... the OP posts a thread about Trump getting upset at a joke, then gets upset himself when he is accused of TDS... and now some other jokes seem to be downright 'hateful and racist'?

edit on 19/2/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Pull your head out of your rear for just one second.
Jokes about personality/character are different than comparing black people to apes

FFS
edit on 19-2-2019 by vonclod because: spelling

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Yeah! Blatant racism and laughing about small hands are the same thing!

And you guys on the Right wonder why you get labeled as racists.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Pull your head out of your rear for just one second.
Jokes about personality/character are different that comparing black people to apes

FFS

Why's that?
You know Trump's appearance has been constantly mocked, right? Just jokes.
Are there certain attributes of appearance where jokes are not allowed?
It's a confusing rule book... we must be thick skinned and not get upset by jokes unless it's a joke where we should get upset?

Hmmm.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Yeah! Blatant racism and laughing about small hands are the same thing!

And you guys on the Right wonder why you get labeled as racists.

So a racist joke IS something we should be upset about then?
Right - is there a list you have that you can publish on what we're allowed to be upset about and what we need to not be upset about...?

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   

the OP posts a thread about Trump getting upset at a joke, then gets upset himself when he is accused of TDS

Quote me getting up set about it.

Actually dont because you can't.

What I said was that I was tired of it because of how unoriginal it was, not that I was getting upset about it like some Trump supporters get up set when someone jokes about his little girl hands.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

the OP posts a thread about Trump getting upset at a joke, then gets upset himself when he is accused of TDS

What I said was that I was tired of it because of how unoriginal it was, not that I was getting upset about it like some Trump supporters get up set when someone jokes about his little girl hands.

You seemed upset.
It was ironic... your need to react to a joke aimed at you in a thread asking why Trump can't take a joke.
Made me laugh. In a jokey sort of way.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

You seemed upset.
It was ironic... the need to react to a joke in a thread asking why Trump can't take a joke.
Made me laugh.

Well let me be clear that it in no way upset me.

Glad you had a bit of a laugh, its been quite a funny kind of thread all in good spirt though

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Why's that?
You know Trump's appearance has been constantly mocked, right? Just jokes.
Are there certain attributes of appearance where jokes are not allowed?
It's a confusing rule book... we must be thick skinned and not get upset by jokes unless it's a joke where we should get upset?

Hmmm.

I agree as far as the hands. He was born with them. Out of bounds.

The rest of it - the hair, the fake tan, the constant lying - is a choice and therefore fair game.

Not really that confusing, surely.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Two scenarios:

A.) A cartoonist depicts a famous white person in a form that is considered less than an human.

B.) A cartoonist depicts a famous black person with small hands.

Would you argue that one of these depictions is more offensive than the other?

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
I think it's because, even before he was elected, the Left has been on the attack against Trump and his supporters, most of it mean spirited. Every thing from the size of his hands, his weight, what he eats ( remember the pearl clutching over 2 scoops of ice cream? ) to being called a Fascist, racist, homophobic Nazi. The Left and their lapdog MSM , have taken every chance to twist anything he says and outright lie on occasion.

In short, that sh** gets old.

Not to mention anything that happens to a minority is blamed on him. Most recently, the faked attack on the gay black guy.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Yes. A racist joke should be something we're upset about.

There were plenty made about Obama. Hell, a whole conspiracy theory, that Trump supported, developed because of racism.

Point me to one racist joke made about Trump.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Jokes based on appearance/body are not so cool, based on race, not at all cool.
Fair game anywhere else.
edit on 19-2-2019 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Jussie Smollett Should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

What are your thoughts on the numerous real hate crimes that have been committed since the beginning of the year?

For example, a synagogue was just attacked this past weekend.

link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

originally posted by: narrator

originally posted by: Nickn3
1/3 of the population wants to either kill him or have his wife rapped, then crack a lame ass joke and he doesn’t laugh, go figure.

What?

Do you have any evidence that what you said is even remotely true? You honestly believe that 1/3 of the population wants Trump to be killed and his wife have horrible things happen to her?

You can't toss around accusations like that without providing evidence to back it up. That's horrible. No one wants those things to happen.

(Well, I can't say no one, absolutes are never a good thing to deal in, according to Obi-Wan. I'm sure some fringe folks might, but that definitely isn't the majority).
Yah probably it would be more accurate if he said 33 1/3 % of Democrats Hollywood celebrities left leaning media and feminists ...

I'll repeat myself...would you care to show evidence of that? Any at all? Or are you just making stuff up?

Disliking someone, and wanting them to die, are completely different things.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Well, the MSM proves daily that they don't mind pushing fake news. Most recently pushing this Stollett attack before the facts came out. Maybe not rushing to judgement would help them out.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

a reply to: kingsquirel

Take a joke.... Hell Op if any of the other former standing Potus's had taken 1/10 the ridicule as Trump has taken they would have taken their candy asses home.

Did you forget the ripping that George W "man and fish can coexist" Bush took while in office.

There was no comparison between Bush and Trump's amount of ridicule.

You might be a little too young to remember when Bush basically said that God told him to invade Iraq in front of the entire world. So, yeah, he was ripped into just as much as Trump, only got worse as his presidency went on, you know, with the whole torturing people thing that Dick talked him into along with the legally questionable wars.

I was 21 when he was elected. I can remember the ridicule and it wasn't nearly as bad as what Trump gets.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join