It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Can't Trump Take a Joke.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   
This has kind of came up on a few threads recently so I figured it could make for an interesting thread about how the orange sack of balls can’t take a joke like I can’t take a peanut, it’s like he is allergic to humour. That goes for some of his supports who are no doubt angrily taping away, triggered by that first line because some of them also can’t seem to take a bad joke directed against Trump either, they act like taking the piss out of Trump is akin to castrating their first born son and take it all very personally.

This is systemic throughout his presidency and it’s in stark contrast to other presidents who just take the joke and move on. For example, SNL took shots at both Bush and Obama, Bush was a moron and Obama’s got an awful temper.

Even Robert Mueller gets it.

And in this video, Pelosi is depicted as advocating 12 year olds having sex, makes jokes about "a black dude" and sex slaves.

Yet SNL do a sketch about Trump like this:

His response is to take to twitter and do what he usually does and tweet this nonsense.

Nothing funny about tired Saturday Night Live on Fake News NBC! Question is, how do the Networks get away with these total Republican hit jobs without retribution? Likewise for many other shows? Very unfair and should be looked into. This is the real Collusion!

And this is not the first time, he refuses to attend the White House Correspondents dinner, again because he doesn't like being laughed at, breaking a long held presidential tradition and then after it he Tweets this because some speakers made him the punch line of a few jokes.

The White House Correspondents’ Dinner was a failure last year, but this year was an embarrassment to everyone associated with it. The filthy “comedian” totally bombed (couldn’t even deliver her lines-much like the Seth Meyers weak performance). Put Dinner to rest, or start over!

Now I have said the before and will say it again this is a problem for Trump, the more people joke about him the more triggered he gets by it and the cycle repeats; make a Trump joke, piss off Trump, make another joke. It just makes him look bad not being able to take the joke when so many other presidents have been able to have a laugh at their own expense. I actually think the best thing he could do is approach SNL and ask to do a skit with himself and Alec Baldwin having a laugh, a little bit of self deprecating humour.

Remember, Obama once ripped Trump so hard that its pretty much stoped his 2012 Campaign

Now although that might have been a good one I still maintain that us Scottish are best at ripping Trump.

Now I know that I have posted this in the mud-pit and I do think its worth of serious discussion about the inability of Trump to take a joke but I would ask Trump supporters to keep in mind that this is still just a fun thread having a laugh at the same time. Although that I know that some Trump supporters can accept a joke about the almighty one about as well as Trump can accept a Mexican gardener with questionable immigration documents.
edit on 19-2-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   
He, and his followers seem to take themselves way too seriously.

Also, I think they spend too much time on the defense, to really stop and take a joke.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

Also, I think they spend too much time on the defense, to really stop and take a joke.

Yeah I do wonder if thats part of it.

I also think all too often some of them confuse a joke or criticism for that matter about trump as a attack on them personally.

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   

I wonder why that is?

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I wonder why that is?

Because they can't take a joke....?

+17 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   

GD hypocrisy from the people that created PC.

'Feelings'.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

GD hypocrisy from the people that created PC.

'Feelings'.

I don't see it as hypocrisy, it's just him simply not being able to take a joke.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Yeah I do wonder if thats part of it.

I also think all too often some of them confuse a joke or criticism for that matter about trump as a attack on them personally.

When a right wing maga dude references it it is stars and flags galore I love how threatened you all are

Yea, how could something like this be taken personally? But this is such a rare event, it's likely just my fragile ego.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Errr care to link to that quote because I don't recall having said it.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I wonder why that is?

Because they can't take a joke....?

LOL, try reading the part I quoted, and then think of what I typed after that. Playing this dumb isn't becoming.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Errr care to link to that quote because I don't recall having said it.

it wasn't you, just a random person posting. I invite you to look around at some other posts and see if you spot any similarities.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Ok can you explain to me what a random quote you have taken off a random thread that you haven't linked to has to do with the subject of Trump not being able to take a joke?

EDIT: Just saw you're second post.

So again what does a random quote that you can't attribute to anyone have to do with anything?

+17 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Why cant Valerie Jarret and the whole left take a joke?

+12 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Ford tripping and falling, Reagan's naps, Carter's brother and peanuts, etc. etc etc.
The humor was not mean-spirited.

I think that has changed.....
It's not hard to see that since the election, there has been one thing after another after another to discredit the election and then the Trump's presidency.
The attacks get old.

FWIW....there are things about his mannerisms that do beg for parody.....I will give you that.

+12 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I’m pro Trump and I’ve seen stuff taking the piss out of him I thought was hilarious, the problem is that most of what’s on SNL or late night talk shows just isn’t funny.

It’s blatantly obvious that it’s propaganda designed to make ridiculing and hating the POTUS acceptable or even the preferred mentality.

The 2 tweets of Trumps in your OP seem accurate to me, it is amazing that the media as whole gets away with what it does and even most never Trumpers with an ounce of integrity we’re embarrassed by that redheads “comedy” routine.

Trump supporters have great senses of humour, You guys watch how hard we laugh after he wins re-election and we get to see all you never Trumpers heads explode all over again

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

meh fair enough I see what you're getting at but still, if he would just take it as a joke and move on the reaction wouldn't make him look as bad.

Dont you think if he was to get out in front of it and to a sketch with himself and Alec Baldwin right at the start these SNL skits wouldnt really be as effective.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   

I wonder why that is?

Possible victim complex?

(Or they take themselves too seriously)

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   
A media and entertainment industry that is completely under the control of a political party being used to attack another politcal party day in day out in order to manipulate election results is no joke.

I guess Trump is just the first person to really call it out for what it is.

If motives that are less than honest fun can be written off as a joke, then why all the concern over black face?

I am astounded that you could be so dishonest as to not acknowledge the malice in what Baldwin is doing. He's given you enough clues as to his feelings. Would you be OK with a known racist, like the Gov of Virginia doing a black face gag on SNL?

edit on 19/2/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I truly believe that it boils down to the fact that EVERYTHING you see about Trump and his supporters in the media is negative. If you were constantly bombarded with negativity every waking moment I think it would be hard for anyone to distinguished between a joke and a jab. Think about it...has anyone here every been bullied? Say some poor kid is being bullied everyday of his/her life and some random person comes up to them and makes a innocent joke about them and they snap back at them? They didn't know the kid is bullied and picked on everyday. They were just having a laugh. Correct me if I am wrong.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Why can't crazy eyes take a joke, either...

However, it’s been very revealing to see how gleefully Fox News hosts crack jokes about working-class people. It reveals what they actually think about us.

I mean, it's all in good fun, no? One is a constant non-stop pathetic unfunny tirade at the president.. the other is poking fun at the fact that she continues to claim she comes from no money...

twitter.com...

<<   2  3  4 >>

join