It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The number 13 as a curse or a blessing?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 03:52 AM
link   
To all the Christians here, is the number 13, a curse or a blessing?

Here is what I read:

1) There were 12 disciples originally. Matthias joined later and that became 13 disciples. However, Judas died, that became 12 again. Paul joined much later, and it became 13 again.

If you look closely, 12 disciples were the good ones, with the 13th one a traitor. The traitor died and 12 good ones remained. Paul joined much later, but he was a killer and he became the 13th one.

One is a traitor and the other a killer and they both occupied the 13th slot.

2) Israel had 13 children. 12 sons and 1 daughter. The daughter was raped. She occupied the 13th slot.

3) In Esther 3:13, the 13th verse writes:

Letters were sent by couriers to all the king’s provinces with instruction to destroy, to kill, and to annihilate all Jews, young and old, women and children, in one day, the thirteenth day of the twelfth month, which is the month of Adar, and to plunder their goods.

Destruction, killings, and annihilation on the 13th day on the 13th verse.

4) In 2 Samuel 24:9, the verse writes:

Joab reported the number of the fighting men to the king: In Israel there were eight hundred thousand able-bodied men who could handle a sword, and in Judah five hundred thousand.

800,000 + 500,000 = 1300000

Remove the zeros, you have the number 13.

What came after this verse on 2 Samuel 24:15, it writes -

So the LORD sent a plague on Israel from that morning until the end of the time designated, and seventy thousand of the people from Dan to Beersheba died.

Deaths and plagues on the number 13.

5) In Revelation chapter 13, the whole verse is reserved for the devil and the 666 number.

However, the number 13 can be a number of blessing:

1) There are 13 thrones in the coming Messianic age. 1 throne + 12 thrones. (Matthew 19:28)

Jesus said to them, "I assure you: In the Messianic Age, when the Son of Man sits on His glorious throne, you who have followed Me will also sit on 12 thrones, judging the 12 tribes of Israel.

12 thrones for the disciples and the 13th one reserved for the Son of Man.

2) There were actually 13 tribes of Israel. 12 were given land, but the tribe of Levi was assigned to work in the holy temple. (Numbers 1:21-49)

12 lands were given, but the 13th one serves at the holy temple.

3) For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

One and Three = 1 3

I believe the number 13 is the Lord's number. It can either show you his judgments or his blessings.

Referring to Revelation 13, the 13th chapter of Revelation, I believe this signifies Satan's imminent judgment.

The number 13 trampling upon the Devil's number 666.

What do guys think?

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: syndicatesyn
Neither, particularly. I think it got a bad reputation because 12 was a sacred number, not just in Israel but in the ancient world generally, and 13 was the result of adding something extra- starting with the thirteenth month which sometimes had to be inserted to adjust the calendar.
Incidentally, there's no pont in reading things into chapter and verse numbers, because they were not part of the original text.

edit on 19-2-2019 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Neither.
It's a number. A concept invented by people to count things. It's completely irrelevant to the rest of the universe.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 04:52 AM
link   

I don't know considering it as a bakers dozen get one extra donut,and nothing wrong with that

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 05:47 AM
link   
To this christian.

A number is just a number.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 06:35 AM
link   

At dawn on Friday, 13 October 1307 (a date sometimes linked with the origin of the Friday the 13th superstition)[32][33] King Philip IV ordered de Molay and scores of other French Templars to be simultaneously arrested. The arrest warrant started with the phrase: "Dieu n'est pas content, nous avons des ennemis de la foi dans le Royaume" ["God is not pleased. We have enemies of the faith in the kingdom"].

Friday the 13th

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 07:27 AM
link   

To all the Christians here, is the number 13, a curse or a blessing?

None of the above.

I assume its a number with a value 1 greater than 12 and 1 less than 14 any other value attributed to it like its cursed or blessed is just in ones mind.

If you look closely, 12 disciples were the good ones, with the 13th one a traitor.

have you read the Gospel of Judas?

looking at what you say is interpretative and based on one perception which could differ from believers and followers of Christ.

The number 13 trampling upon the Devil's number 666. What do guys think?

the devil doesn't have a number and if one must attribute a number many can argue its 616.

also that its the number of man.

To attribute something to the number only indicates one thing

those preaching this are manipulators and deceivers.

Its a number

If its evil then so is 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 and so one and so forth.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

At dawn on Friday, 13 October 1307 (a date sometimes linked with the origin of the Friday the 13th superstition)[32][33] King Philip IV ordered de Molay and scores of other French Templars to be simultaneously arrested. The arrest warrant started with the phrase: "Dieu n'est pas content, nous avons des ennemis de la foi dans le Royaume" ["God is not pleased. We have enemies of the faith in the kingdom"].

Friday the 13th

Since the Templars have been mentioned I would add this just for fun. The 13th degree in Freemasonry "Knight of the Royal Arch"; describes the story of Enoch in which God appeared to him as a PURE golden triangle. This vision of God stated to him: "Enoch, thou hast longed to know my true nature, arise and follow me that thou shalt know it". Thirteen is a magickal number that has been demonized by unclean authorities.
edit on 19-2-2019 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 10:11 PM
link   
That is a very interesting theory about the number 13. Since I was given locker #13, does that make me a candidate for a son of man? Ha!

I believe a negative superstitious belief about the number 13 was handed down to us by the early church fathers. I think they believed that God's perfect number 7 should not be added with man's fallen number 6.

7 + 6 = 13

"[Seven is] Used 735 times (54 times in the book of Revelation alone), the number 7 is the foundation of God's word. If we include with this count how many times 'sevenfold' (6) and 'seventh' (119) is used, our total jumps to 860 references."

Seven is the number of completeness and perfection (both physical and spiritual). It derives much of its meaning from being tied directly to God's creation of all things."
www.biblestudy.org...

"In the Bible, the number 6 symbolizes man and human weakness...Man was created on the sixth day. The bringing together of three 6's is the number and mark of the end time Beast of Revelation. As such, it represents the very best system of governance that mankind can produce WITHOUT God and under the constant influence of his chief adversary."
www.biblestudy.org...

Seven is God's number and Six is man's. One day six will live up to seven and all will be good just like you said.

top topics

join