posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 03:52 AM
To all the Christians here, is the number 13, a curse or a blessing?
Here is what I read:
1) There were 12 disciples originally. Matthias joined later and that became 13 disciples. However, Judas died, that became 12 again. Paul joined much
later, and it became 13 again.
If you look closely, 12 disciples were the good ones, with the 13th one a traitor. The traitor died and 12 good ones remained. Paul joined much later,
but he was a killer and he became the 13th one.
One is a traitor and the other a killer and they both occupied the 13th slot.
2) Israel had 13 children. 12 sons and 1 daughter. The daughter was raped. She occupied the 13th slot.
3) In Esther 3:13, the 13th verse writes:
Letters were sent by couriers to all the king’s provinces with instruction to destroy, to kill, and to annihilate all Jews, young and old, women
and children, in one day, the thirteenth day of the twelfth month, which is the month of Adar, and to plunder their goods.
Destruction, killings, and annihilation on the 13th day on the 13th verse.
4) In 2 Samuel 24:9, the verse writes:
Joab reported the number of the fighting men to the king: In Israel there were eight hundred thousand able-bodied men who could handle a sword, and
in Judah five hundred thousand.
800,000 + 500,000 = 1300000
Remove the zeros, you have the number 13.
What came after this verse on 2 Samuel 24:15, it writes -
So the LORD sent a plague on Israel from that morning until the end of the time designated, and seventy thousand of the people from Dan to
Deaths and plagues on the number 13.
5) In Revelation chapter 13, the whole verse is reserved for the devil and the 666 number.
However, the number 13 can be a number of blessing:
1) There are 13 thrones in the coming Messianic age. 1 throne + 12 thrones. (Matthew 19:28)
Jesus said to them, "I assure you: In the Messianic Age, when the Son of Man sits on His glorious throne, you who have followed Me will
also sit on 12 thrones, judging the 12 tribes of Israel.
12 thrones for the disciples and the 13th one reserved for the Son of Man.
2) There were actually 13 tribes of Israel. 12 were given land, but the tribe of Levi was assigned to work in the holy temple. (Numbers 1:21-49)
12 lands were given, but the 13th one serves at the holy temple.
3) For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
One and Three = 1 3
I believe the number 13 is the Lord's number. It can either show you his judgments or his blessings.
Referring to Revelation 13, the 13th chapter of Revelation, I believe this signifies Satan's imminent judgment.
The number 13 trampling upon the Devil's number 666.
What do guys think?