It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vans employee fired for allegedly cursing at MAGA hat-wearing teen

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   

A Vans shoe store employee was fired after he allegedly cursed at a 14-year-old customer because the teen was wearing a red "Make America Great Again" hat.

The unidentified employee, working at a store in Overland Park, Kansas, seemingly said "f--k you" to the teen as he appeared to be shopping with his family, an encounter that was filmed and uploaded to social media.

WARNING: VIDEO MAY CONTAIN PROFANITY

"He did nothing to you — what did you say to my son? To my 14-year-old son?" an unidentified woman asked the employee in the video. The worker didn't deny he was the source of the comment.

Vans employee fired for allegedly cursing at MAGA hat-wearing teen

I think companies are finally realizing they need to be politically agnostic these days. I, for one, applaud that approach. A businesses goal should be making profit, not making political statements. I would say this regardless of political stance, GOP or DEM.

And, I think it is past time for companies to include political training for all their employees, and have it part of the employee handbook. It should already be part of the rules never, NEVER to swear at a customer regardless of what they did. DUH!!

Kudo's to this business for addressing the issue immediately and decisively.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but when "the man" is paying for your time, you're taking a chance.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but when "the man" is paying for your time, you're taking a chance.

While you are working for someone, your opinion takes a back seat since you are representing that company. Offer your opinion off hours, not in the store.... DUH!!

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 09:34 PM
link   
There are some (thick) people who have been manipulated (because they’re thick) into believing that MAGA is, by some unimaginably moronic mental gymnastics, somehow ‘hateful’ or ‘a symbol of hate’.

Those (thick) people are going to have a very rough six years ahead. And more than likely a very rough eight years after that.

“Tell us what to think Jimmy Kimmel “

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: DBCowboy

While you are working for someone, your opinion takes a back seat since you are representing that company. Offer your opinion off hours, not in the store.... DUH!!

Truth.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I saw this differently.

More so from the ironic standpoint of a man(older, I'd assume, certainly compared to the kids age) working for a company that at one time represented "youth" and "counter culture". Yelling and screaming because of something a kid was wearing, like he was yelling at someone to get off his lawn.

Not cool brah, you're officially an old geezer now.

Guy should feel like an absolute douche now.
edit on 18-2-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 09:40 PM
link   

When I worked in a deli, my manager (not the owner) hung up Hilary signs. When I privately discussed I didn't support her in everyday worker-banter, I was fired. I guess just keep politics out of the work place.

...I got the last laugh in the end...

That job was nothing and it propelled me to complete my degree. I suppose I owe that idiot a debt. Not 80% tax on my wages debt, but like a box of chocolates debt.
edit on 18-2-2019 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine

When I worked in a deli, my manager (not the owner) hung up Hilary signs. When I privately discussed I didn't support her in everyday worker-banter, I was fired. I guess just keep politics out of the work place.

...I got the last laugh in the end...

That job was nothing and it propelled me to complete my degree. I suppose I owe that idiot a debt. Not 80% of my wages debt, but like a box of chocolates debt.

Exactly my point. Just keep it out, be agnostic about it from the business side. Easy Peasy. Save your political opinions for after-hours, offsite. However, if the company has a social media policy, then that too is now in jeopardy (a policy which I disagree with BTW. What you do/say off-hours, while not representing a company, is your business not theirs).

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 09:46 PM
link   

I agree. And luckily I don't do social media. The whole thing came up when he brought it up, and it just exploded. I was younger and didn't know better than to leave it alone. The manager was fired shortly after for promoting his politics, ironically.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 09:47 PM
link   
My son LOVES wearing his MAGA hat...He believes he is exercising his freedom of speech...and he's right.
I support him.
I still worry about Leftist aholes like this shoe salesman...but my son can easily handle morons like that guy.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 09:48 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
My son LOVES wearing his MAGA hat...He believes he is exercising his freedom of speech...and he's right.
I support him.
I still worry about Leftist aholes like this shoe salesman...but my son can easily handle morons like that guy.

As long as he can say “Boo!” He can disperse any leftwing nutjob on the planet.
They’re gutless. All of them.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: IAMTAT

Yeah.
Kick his ass real good.

Right?

Why stop there???

I carry a shiv made out of a toilet paper core and dried feces.

A few quick jabs to the guts while we are at it.....

Right?
edit on 18-2-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Yeah.
Kick his ass real good.

Right?

I didn't take it as physically handle rather than intellectually handle. Maybe I'm wrong though...

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Damn hippies

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Yeah.
Kick his ass real good.

Right?

ANNddd there it is....

Projection, I believe it is called.

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Yeah.
Kick his ass real good.

Right?

Wrong.
My son can out debate anyone.

Nice try...but crude ham-fisted assumptions are beneath you, IMO.
I used to admire you...What happened?

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Yeah.
Kick his ass real good.

Right?

ANNddd there it is....

Satire, actually
Look it up.

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Yeah.
Kick his ass real good.

Right?

ANNddd there it is....

Satire, actually
Look it up.

Your satire skills are clearly lacking. Sorry, man.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

I love you, man.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join