It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smollett Auditioned For Play With Plot Nearly Identical To Alleged ‘Attack’ Hours Later

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Yeah I feel the same, the conversation used to be intelligent with a diverse range of subjects, not so much anymore, however I too am fascinated with the psychology of it all and observing just how strong the media influence is on various groups and individuals.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

That's a far more in depth answer than I was expecting, thankyou for taking the time to put up all that.

Sounds like he attempted to get some kind of victims payout, without looking at it from a political perspective the addition of MAGA hats to the story could simply be he thought at the time of making the police report it bolstered the credibility of his story.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

" Smollett Auditioned For Play With Plot Nearly Identical To Alleged ‘Attack’ Hours Later..."

Ah , Let me Guess , He did not get the Part , Right ? So Plagiarism Rears it's Ugly Head .?

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

There's a couple of different notions as to why he may have engaged in this in the first place.

One of those is that his character was due to be written off the show, but one of the execs (producer, writer, I'm unsure which) posted a tweet saying that his character was not being written off the show. And this was merely a ploy to gain some sympathy.

The irony there is that now there is such a controversy surrounding him, scenes he had filmed are now being taken out and his character's role in the show in being lessened a great deal.

The other notion is that he was working with Kamala Harris to help get her anti-lynching bill passed as there are numerous instances of him and her being at various events and she was one of the very first to tweet support for him.

She was asked about the tweet by a reporter and claimed to not remember it and then stumbled through the rest of her answer to the reporter.

Corey Booker also is distancing himself from the situation:

Booker similarly condemned the alleged attack when it was first reported, also calling it a modern-day lynching.

The New Jersey lawmaker told reporters Sunday that he would withhold judgment until "all the information actually comes out from on-the-record sources."

.@eschor asks @CoryBooker to respond to reports that the Jussie Smollett attack may have been planned by the actor.

He called the attack a "modern day lynching" when the news broke. pic.twitter.com/8Zf8y7vhrv
— Megan Pratz (@meganpratz) February 17, 2019

Harris, Booker call for judgement on Jussie Smollett case to be withheld until investigation is completed - The Hill

Personally I think it interesting that all of these folks who jumped right on the "all Trump supporters are racists homophobes," bandwagon immediately after Smollett's story first broke are now saying that it would be best to hold off until all the facts are out.

Maybe they'll learn and not be so quick to jump to conclusions.
edit on 19-2-2019 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Maybe they'll learn and not be so quick to jump to conclusions.

Nah...I wouldn't count on it. They love their bandwagon. It gets their base activated.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 09:35 PM
link   

holy # that drawing is real?

I'm not being trolled?

Thats what was submitted as evidence>????????????

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Daily Mail. Methinks I'll just wait.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Absolutely to come out with a statement like that is abysmal, it's such a narrow minded perspective, it's on par with saying all leftists are (insert insult).

I find this political hooliganism very strange and it's just nothing like that anywhere else in the western world. AM in a post one day said because Americans hate soccer so the hooligans are political rivals instead, I think America should embrace soccer.

edit on 19-2-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Yep, the letter was sent before the attack and reports are that since the letter didn't garner the response Smollett was hoping for, he went to the next level and planned the attack with the brothers.

There are even reports of the three of them being seen on video days before rehearsing the attack.

Smollett pointed out one of the cameras to the police, but it was pointing in the wrong direction. As a result nothing of the alleged attack was caught on video.

Other than the letter itself, I haven't tracked any of the above down myself, so grain of salt and all.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Isn't it funny how Harris and Booker both used the exact same phraseology, "modern day lynching?"

Might lead one to believe that there was some sort of coordination between the two.

Smollett initially refused to give the police access to his phone or his phone records. It was reported that the police secured a subpoena for the records and then Smollett eventually gave the police a redacted portion of his phone records claiming that he was protecting, "high-profile individual(s)."

His actions subsequent to the initial report do not comport with what most would think of as that of a victim who wants their attackers caught.

Here is a thread I did on the bill in question that Harris had been trying to get passed without much success. It's still being held at the Senate.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Yes very suspicious.

This is definitely looking like a set up.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

What's the big deal with this guy, there's so many threads on him. Is he like anti Trump or something to get this level of attention?

So if he faked an attack that ends up furthering the divide even more, we should just ignore that?

I mean he literally created more fear. Are you not against that, as your name would suggest?

Or do you not really care and are just hoping a new thread with a real attack and real victim pops up?

I still don't really know what this guy has done, I've asked and the answers I got were pretty abysmal, I really couldn't be bothered wasting my life searching the news and learning about this crap, I was hoping for a simple explanation instead all I get is accusation and insults, I shouldn't have expected any less though with the state of ats currently.

If its truly that difficult to get the story, you should probably reconsider your preferred sources and search engine..

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

I'm not addicted to media like you are though, I like Ats for the opinions of people and how they view the world around them .

Perhaps understanding that other people don't view the world the same as you and these things might not seem so mysterious to you.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 04:07 PM
link   

I'm not addicted to media like you are though, I like Ats for the opinions of people and how they view the world around them .

Perhaps understanding that other people don't view the world the same as you and these things might not seem so mysterious to you.

Oh I have no problem with people having different views than me. I'm not out there trying to ban people for it, nor out there attacking people for it. That would be your people. Nor am I addicted to media. I just wonder if you're really too lazy to search for yourself, which would incidentally make you an NPC.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Oh I have no problem with people having different views than me. I'm not out there trying to ban people for it, nor out there attacking people for it. That would be your people. Nor am I addicted to media. I just wonder if you're really too lazy to search for yourself, which would incidentally make you an NPC.

You must be confused because the rudeness of your reply shows quite clearly you have no tolerance for any opinions that you don't align with, it's OK though I don't hold it against you.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   

You must be confused because the rudeness of your reply shows quite clearly you have no tolerance for any opinions that you don't align with, it's OK though I don't hold it against you.
Mirror mirror on the wall who’s the rudest of them all... meanwhile... I found it interesting that you said you didn’t have the time of day to search for stuff but wanted to see it encapsulized here.... you know, even when I think I know something, I’m often more motivated to find stuff when I want to back up what I’m saying. It’s amazing the stuff one can find. Remember that old commercial where the guy is at the keyboard and he says “I finished the Internet!” It was really an ad for faster Internet but truth is the Internet has really grown so much since then. That’s why we now have ipv6 and Supernetting.
edit on 22-2-2019 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Tee-hee, and last Sunday I thought I was being ironic when I suggested that Smollett should (or will) say this was all a rehearsal for a show, or performance theater.

They should claim it was a rehearsal for the show, and they wanted to test the audience's reaction with the metaphorical small toe. Or, they should all claim it was some kind of performance theater, similar to Augusto Boal's Theater of the Oppressed in the 1970's. en.wikipedia.org...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   
This guy Jussie must have an IQ of 12. Lucky for him he's black and gay so the media LOVES him. THey're already out in full force saying it's Trump's fault and we need all the facts and he's innocent before being guilty in a court of law.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

I said I couldn't be bothered, media stories are just clickbait, I asked for a simple run down for why this guy was being talked about so much, as there was thread after thread on him.

I spend my time learning new things, not trawling through the trash the media has on offer, think of it like you are what you eat then change it to you are what you read...

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 03:18 PM
link   

What is it they say about stones and glass houses?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join