It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smollett Auditioned For Play With Plot Nearly Identical To Alleged ‘Attack’ Hours Later

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

People love the taste of race bait. The media serves it up on a silver platter and people come out like hordes of zombies to eat it up.

That's basically what's happening, the media is selling their product and ATS is buying it like hotcakes.

No. People like to see villains, hoaxers, liars, and con artists hoisted on their own petard...
And Smollett ticks off ALL those boxes.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 02:42 AM
link   

People love the taste of race bait. The media serves it up on a silver platter and people come out like hordes of zombies to eat it up.

That's basically what's happening, the media is selling their product and ATS is buying it like hotcakes.

No surprise there....

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Thanks for that..

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 02:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: IAMTAT

What's the big deal with this guy, there's so many threads on him. Is he like anti Trump or something to get this level of attention?

That's exactly what this is, he's just being randomly targeted for no good reason.

People stage serious racists assaults everyday and nobody criticizes them.

It's got to 100 percent be unjust targeting cuz dRumpf(did I do that right) trolls.

OK if you say so, I have no idea hence why I asked the question.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

What's the big deal with this guy, there's so many threads on him. Is he like anti Trump or something to get this level of attention?

Nah... it's just a textbook example of both the insanity and hypocrisy of the left.

Which is probably why you don't like seeing it and feel you have to complain about it.

You can't defend it so it makes you uncomfortable.

Yet you chastise me for asking a simple question, you think you have a grasp on how others think, you don't you are living in a fantasy world.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 02:50 AM
link   

You have participated in another thread about the same subject, why pretend you don't know what's going on?

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Muninn

I have ? OK so tell me what I know already, because clearly you know more about what I know than I do..
edit on 19-2-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 07:02 AM
link   

yep, ATS and it's right wing echo chamber are just lapping up what the MSM is selling yet again. We are so easily led by the obviously right wing media. I feel a bit used, but as long as the MSM continues to say things I like to hear, I will be all up in their business. You seem like you are truly woke, a rare instance around here. I bet you are a shining example of how to rise above all this partisan hype.........

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 07:05 AM
link   
lol

We went from Nathan Phillips to this guy.

WTFG!

Tell me how TDS doesn't exist.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Jussie Smollett is an anagram of Smelliest Joust.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Generation9

Jussie Smollett is an anagram of Smelliest Joust.

Clever.
And gross.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   

I have ? OK so tell me what I know already, because clearly you know more about what I know than I do..

Ummm...leftists aren’t terribly hard to figure out...they’re all from the shallow end...

It’s like watching you all laying on your backs in a puddle...drowning...from that two inches of water your flailing about...

Like backstroking the Rio Grande...

Swim to the hook little fish...

HA...HA...

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 10:10 AM
link   

So if he faked an attack that ends up furthering the divide even more, we should just ignore that?

I mean he literally created more fear. Are you not against that, as your name would suggest?

Or do you not really care and are just hoping a new thread with a real attack and real victim pops up?

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Look up "agitprop" and maybe you'll understand the whole Russia thing. The American media is using the Russian tactic of agitprop to divide us along party and social lines. The media doesn't care if you trust them, only as long as you choose a side. There are a lot of people on these boards that are continually "agitated" by the media's "propaganda". That's exactly the point, they are using agitprop to radicalize both camps.

ATS is eating it up, so are the people who tune in to CNN or MSNBC every day. Double-edged propaganda.
edit on 2/19/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   

a reply to: network dude

Look up "agitprop" and maybe you'll understand the whole Russia thing. The American media is using the Russian tactic of agitprop to divide us along party and social lines. The media doesn't care if you trust them, only as long as you choose a side. There are a lot of people on these boards that are continually "agitated" by the media's "propaganda". That's exactly the point, they are using agitprop to radicalize both camps.

ATS is eating it up, so are the people who tune in to CNN or MSNBC every day. Double-edged propaganda.

So what you're saying is there is no possible way a person could just find this behavior disgusting, but rather they were being manipulated by the media? Thanks for your valiant effort to save us from our feeble closed minds.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Who said that? I'm just calling it what it is, propaganda to feed the emotional outbursts of both camps. ATS is a cesspool of emotional outbursts from either side, mostly surrounding the media's coverage of certain politically charged stories. All to agitate people into extremism. It's working on both sides.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

Ummm...leftists aren’t terribly hard to figure out...they’re all from the shallow end...

It’s like watching you all laying on your backs in a puddle...drowning...from that two inches of water your flailing about...

Like backstroking the Rio Grande...

Swim to the hook little fish...

HA...HA...

I imagine to the average right winger most things look pretty black and white, you call anything you don't understand stupid which seems to be the vast majority of ideas you encounter, your worldview is very very small.
edit on 19-2-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

So if he faked an attack that ends up furthering the divide even more, we should just ignore that?

I mean he literally created more fear. Are you not against that, as your name would suggest?

Or do you not really care and are just hoping a new thread with a real attack and real victim pops up?

I still don't really know what this guy has done, I've asked and the answers I got were pretty abysmal, I really couldn't be bothered wasting my life searching the news and learning about this crap, I was hoping for a simple explanation instead all I get is accusation and insults, I shouldn't have expected any less though with the state of ats currently.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 08:43 PM
link   

I've come to the conclusion that a portion of the more active members on here are shills pushing an agenda. ATS is a safe space for the right and there are certain people who push a right wing agenda to further the divide, I think we know who these people are. This place is the mirror image of the likes of CNN and MSNBC, both outlets that push opposing propaganda.

I used to take this place seriously, not anymore though. It's interesting to watch the cognitive dissonance fron the sidelines.
edit on 2/19/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 08:58 PM
link   

So on January 29, TMZ reports that Jussie Smollett was attacked:

"Empire" star Jussie Smollett was brutally attacked by 2 men who beat him up, put his head in a noose and screamed, "This is MAGA country."

Sources directly connected to Jussie tell TMZ, the actor arrived in Chicago from New York late Monday, and at around 2 AM he was hungry and went to a Subway. We're told when shortly after he walked out on his way home, someone yelled, "Aren't you that f***ot 'Empire' n*****?"

The 2 men -- both white and wearing ski masks -- viciously attacked Jussie as he fought back, but they beat him badly and fractured a rib. They put a rope around his neck, poured bleach on him and as they left they yelled, "This is MAGA country."

This is after he had received this letter:

From the beginning, there were things about the story that did not make sense. Such as him not removing the rope from his neck, not initially reporting "This is MAGA country," in his initial statement to the police, and that he still had his subway sandwich after the attack.

Police incident report:

And that he still had the rope around his neck nearly an hour after the attack:

4:00 PM PT -- Chicago PD confirms to TMZ Jussie told them, in a follow-up interview, about the attackers yelling, "MAGA country."

They add Jussie still had the rope around his neck when he made contact with cops at 2:42 AM. Remember, the attack happened around 2 AM.

Various celebrities and politicos immediately rush to Smollett's support including Kamala Harris, Cory Booker, and a host of Hollywood types.

Police reported that there are no videos available of the attack itself. Eventually the police managed to find video and released still images of two persons of interest:

Smollett identified these as his attackers.

Police identify the two persons of interest through video surveillance and transportation records:

2:50 PM PT -- Chicago PD has confirmed ... the 2 men taken in for questioning are the same men in the surveillance video screen grab. The PD confirms transportation records, along with interviews with Jussie and other witnesses, led to the ID of the 2 men.

Jussie Smollett's Persons of Interest Had Home Raided, Bleach Found: Report - TMZ

Ola and Abel are the same two men who were featured in the grainy pictures that were released by the Chicago Police Department.

Olabinjo ‘Ola’ Osundairo: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know - Heavy

Detectives tracked them down through surveillance cameras in the Streeterville area, where Smollett says two men shouted racial and homophobic slurs at him late last month, hit him and wrapped a rope around his neck while yelling, “This is MAGA country!”

Guglielmi said the two were spotted in the area of the attack, which occurred around 2 a.m. Jan. 29 in the 300 block of East North Water Street. He released no other details, but a source familiar with the investigation said at least one of the men was traced through his use of a ride-share service.

Smollett follows the brothers’ bodybuilding page on Instagram.

Police say 2 brothers being questioned in reported Jussie Smollett attack are now 'potential suspects' - Chicago Tribune

Knowing their address would lead to knowing their identities.

This is inside the home of two men in police custody listed as persons of interest. According to family they left for Nigeria the same day (but hours after) the alleged attack on Jussie Smollett.

Charlie De Mar twitter

Knowing their identities would allow law enforcement to search for them using all means available. This would have lead to the discovery that they had left the country hours after the attack took place. This would have given them probable cause to suspect they were not only involved but perhaps attempting to flee the country.

Knowing they were out of the country, they would also know when they planned on returning. This would have allowed them to pick the brothers up at the airport before they cleared customs and have a chance to get back to their apartment to dispose of any potentially incriminating evidence.

Schmidt said police detained her clients Wednesday evening at Customs at O’Hare. The two men were returning from a trip to Nigeria when officers raided their family’s home on the North Side.

Pictures from the raid show the front door busted off its frame, items thrown across the living room, bedroom doors damaged and clothes tossed everywhere.

Police left behind an inventory list. Some of the items seized include a black face mask hat, an Empire script, phone, receipts, a red hat and bleach.

BREAKING: Suspects Arrested In Jussie Smollett Case

Turns out he knows them and has personal and professional relationships with both of the men, they follow each other on various social media platforms.

Eventually the two brothers would be released and are no longer considered suspects and Smollett is no longer considered a victim.

The brothers report that Smollett paid them $3500 each to take part in the attack and were promised an additional $500 each upon their return from Nigeria.

Smollett hires Michael Cohen's defense attorney but then at some point, Smollett releases a statement that he is shocked that two men he knows would perpetrate such an attack. The defense attorney bales on him and Smollett hires a PR firm and a new attorney.

There are a few other details, but that's a basic run down of where we are presently.
edit on 19-2-2019 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join