It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

so whats up with the Netflix purge of Marvel shows?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 03:18 PM
link   
i was under the impression that people were into the Netflix original Marvel shows for the most part.

they did seem to go balls deep.

i never really got hooked on any of them.

enjoyed first season of Punisher but still have not started season 2
gave up on Luke Cage and Jessica Jones almost immediately.

www.huffpost.com...

And then there were no Marvel shows on Netflix. The streaming service on Monday axed its two remaining superhero properties from the Marvel universe, canceling “Jessica Jones” and “The Punisher.”

wonder what the deal is. all the shows hold pretty high ratings.

either way i personally wont miss them as i was kind of meh but what do you all think?

there is still some fabulous Netflix original content out there

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Disney now owns Marvel and is going to be making their own shows in a push to overturn Netflix domination.
edit on 18-2-2019 by maxey because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I'm not sure of the exact legal details but as I understand things Disney pulled the licensing from Netflix in regard to the production of future seasons of Marvel properties so that Disney can create Marvel based shows on their own streaming service.

Disney is also in the process of removing all Star Wars IP and Marvel movies from Netflix as well.

link   

I thought the daredevil and punisher were good. Luke cage started out ok and went right down the crapper imo. Havent watched the others

link   

I thought the daredevil and punisher were good. Luke cage started out ok and went right down the crapper imo. Havent watched the others

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: cognizant420

Jessica Jones and The Punisher were cancelled, announced today it appears. JJ will get a 3rd season but only because it's already finished and in the can.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   
They’re just getting ready for the launch of Disney plus’s this year. With the fox merger I would expect to see even less on Netflix now.

For their own streaming service they are working on some massive shoes so my guess would be that’s also part of the reason
edit on 18-2-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   
It's a shame a lot of good series and movies have been and are being cut off Netflix (in some countries much more than in others). Heard stories of Warner wanting to do their own streaming as well as Disney.
To each their own, but I personally will not sign up for any more streaming services.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   
If Disney isn't the definition of a monopoly, I don't know what is.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

How is Disney the definition of a monopoly. Do they provide a good or service nobody else provides and engage in deceptive business practices to keep it that way?

Or do they just own a lot of content because they make a lot of content. Either way lol a monopoly

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   

I'm sure it all has to do with licensing and money, but for myself I'm getting burned out on all of the super hero movies and series. The market is flooded and it's just starting to get old.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

I'm not sure of the exact legal details but as I understand things Disney pulled the licensing from Netflix in regard to the production of future seasons of Marvel properties so that Disney can create Marvel based shows on their own streaming service.

Disney is also in the process of removing all Star Wars IP and Marvel movies from Netflix as well.

Good hopefully netflix goes full force with creating their own content versus more super hero crap or more overdone crap.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I really dont care to much about Marvel shows now. I am getting tired of them. I only cared about when Stan lee was in charge of his own Marvel universes.

After Stan Lee Marvel is nothing but a cashgrab.

I am pretty sure this has to with that Disney streaming feature that Disney wants to release later this year or next year, this is why they are pulling their licensed series from other streaming sites.

I want to see new worlds, new characters i am tired of hero based movies, i want something original and "none heroic nonsense"
edit on 24-2-2019 by AtlasHawk because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join