It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't believe Smollett? You are racist.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Link to twitter post

"I want to believe, with everything that has happened, that there is something called justice." @JussieSmollett says he doesn't know how he will heal if his attackers aren't found. gma.abc...

Good news Jussie! Your attackers have been found and JUSTICE will be served. Wipe away those tears, and stand tall knowing that whomever is behind this atrocity will indeed see what Justice looks like first hand. And Thanks Robin Roberts for being so supportive of Jussie in his time of need. Classy move.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Police say they no longer consider Smollett "A VICTIM".

Please post a link to that.

The last I heard was that although the police are wanting to re-interview Smollet, they have made no statement as to his innocence or guilt and have stated that they will make no such determination until their investigation is complete and the case closed.

Since the investigation is likely to end-up in court proceedings, it also isn't up to the police to make such a determination but is a matter of jurisprudence.

That is why you should be wary of media 'spin'. It is clearly prejudice.

Also, and I am just being pedantic about word definitions, the assumption that the attackers were Caucasian because they allegedly said "this is MAGA country" IS racist. From my recollection, no mention was made as to the race of the attackers in the original allegations.

The article referenced in the OP, makes reference to 'bigotry', of which 'racism' is a sub-category. The OP refers specifically to 'racism' as if the article was speaking of that.

edit on 18/2/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Smollett was the bigot here. I doubt that the author is actually defending Smollett, but is instead making excuses for believing lies and false accusations.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

is a bigot a racist? asking for a friend.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   

www.mynewsinc.com...

A Chicago police spokesperson on Saturday said “Empire” actor Jussie Smollett is no longer considered a victim in the case that allegedly involved an attack by two masked men who shouted racial and anti-gay slurs at the actor and, “This is MAGA country!” Police earlier said that the “trajectory of the investigation” shifted and that they wanted to conduct another interview withSmollett about the alleged hate crime last month. Police released two Nigerian brotherswho were held for questioning about the reported attack. They were released late Friday without charges. “We can confirm that the information received from the individuals questioned by police earlier in the “Empire” case has in fact shifted the trajectory of the investigation,” Chicago police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said in a statement. “We’ve reached out to the Empire cast member’s attorney to request a follow-up interview.”

edit on 18-2-2019 by network dude because: the reeeeee is strong in this one.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   

From my recollection, no mention was made as to the race of the attackers in the original allegations.

To help with your recollection:

Sources directly connected to Jussie tell TMZ, the actor arrived in Chicago from New York late Monday, and at around 2 AM he was hungry and went to a Subway. We're told when shortly after he walked out on his way home, someone yelled, "Aren't you that f***ot 'Empire' n*****?"

The 2 men -- both white and wearing ski masks -- viciously attacked Jussie as he fought back, but they beat him badly and fractured a rib. They put a rope around his neck, poured bleach on him and as they left they yelled, "This is MAGA country."

JUSSIE SMOLLETT
TELLS COPS ATTACKERS SHOUTED 'MAGA COUNTRY' ...
'Empire' Calls in Armed Security
- TMZ

Mr. Smollett and whomever else was involved with this should face the consequences of their actions.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   
You know the funny thing about the Smollett case is the story sounded like doo-doo from the start.

But somehow I never thought this dude was lying.

I'm not an expert in body language, but I have my "feelers" (for example in the McCann case, I don't find the parents credible at all).

What if there is a wider conspiracy here, and Smollett is a kind of patsy?

Look, he's an actor and I could be wrong.

But what if he himself was led to believe this happened to him?

I'm just thinking, because reading a book of old South African Defense Force conscripts, and some were led into a room and told to design a new emblem for the regiment, while given a glass of orange juice.
And as soon as they drank the orange juice they were totally blacked out, yet active.
All they recall is voices and flashing lights.
Until today they have no idea what they did in all that missing time, because when they woke up back in the barracks they thought they were gone for an hour, but the other guys told them they were gone for over a day. Some unmarked white car dropped them back off. They have no idea what they did.

I'm just saying, imagine this is some MK-Ultra type thing.
And Smollett really believes this happened.

Maybe it's more than fake news, and there is some mind-control going on.
I mean this dude could be innocent, even though his narrative is crap.

Same with Nathan Phillips - he may have been a patsy too.
Did anybody check that man's face when he moved forward with his drum?
edit on 18-2-2019 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

the facts still need to be sorted out. But what is for sure a fact, is this didn't happen the way it was first reported, and It isn't looking like a racist redneck Trump supporter was involved at all. It's hard to believe he could continue to deny things with what has already been exposed.
edit on 18-2-2019 by network dude because: can't spell to save my damn life.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: halfoldman

Same with Nathan Phillips - he may have been a patsy too.

there is thinking outside the box and then there is your post. wild baby. wild.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

and the current path doesn't lead there.

And really, it doesn't lead ANYWHERE.
This case is such a fine example for all of us. The guy is an actor for one and his smooth presentation of victim hood is convincing. That is ''IF'' he is not a victim at all but rather engaged in playing a role of victim.

I agree that if he is the author of this play that he is not as smart as he thought he was. I lean in that direction at this point. But that is ''at this point''. And I agree as well that there are too many folk who were ready to accept out of hand his original allegations about his attackers being racist Trumpians. And hence this being further proof of the bigotry of ''all Trumpians. That is as you say stupid .

Yet I also agree with parts of that article that point to the other side that there were so many happily eager to condem this guy .

any one person’s transgression will be used as ammo for disparaging an entire community or mindset—to decry one incident as proof we’ve “gone too far” in these efforts to ensure our friends, family and neighbors aren’t denigrated by the society in which they live. It’s important to remember, before you go to war with such people, that they will find validation in whatever unscrupulous act they can clasp onto as a sweeping indictment

We need to see that this activity is used by both sides of these issues. Trying to prove from one example proves the whole pudding when it does not. Especially when all the evidence is not yet known, as was the case in earlier threads and as far as I can see still not made public. (though that looks to be coming soon.)

My hope that when this is cleared up, was he the instigator of this hoax or not that which ever side comes out on the ''losing end'' of what ever bets were placed that there will be recognition of either sides over zealousness

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

The only witnesses interviewed were two Nigerian men, that I read. Nothing official yet, but this will be the new standard of irony if it comes out they were having a threesome as well.

Well, surely the police talked to Smollet, the victim, himself, right?

What did he see? Did he see two white men, or two black men? I mean, a person usually see's their attacker! Or, did he just wet his Under-Roo's and lose consciousness out of fear before he saw anything??? I mean, C'mon!!

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

is a bigot a racist? asking for a friend.

Racism is a type of bigotry.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 10:20 PM
link   
No Trump supporters or ‘white MAGA hat-wearers’ that I’ve met are racist or bigoted AT ALL.

Racism, bigotry and fascism are firmly in the ‘left’ field.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Quit defending a blatant lie perpertrated by the Democratic liberals,making false allegations of racism,shows who the true racists are,the liberals,you look very patronizing and trite

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Yes...and cops thought he was credible which is why GMA gave him a platform. THEN...cops found the suspects, who are two nigerian brothers.

I think it was all plausible til they dropped in the MAGA hat deal.

What I am seeing is Libs taking a wait and see approach...like a normal person should....unlike say.....the Kavanaugh hearings where Blasey-Ford pulled similar shenanigans.

Wheres my irony button.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2
a reply to: Boadicea

Quit defending a blatant lie perpertrated by the Democratic liberals,making false allegations of racism,shows who the true racists are,the liberals,you look very patronizing and trite

I didn't defend anyone or anything!!!

In fact, I said exactly the same thing about those who automatically believed and those who automatically called it a lie... both without KNOWING the truth.

Patronizing and trite? No. I just know the damn difference between facts and opinions. Nothing "trite" about that.

Looks like you need a fricking clue though.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

it's time to end the stupid.

Methinks we've 'not yet begun to defile ourselves.'

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Black YouTube is having a field day with this loser.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 07:47 AM
link   
If you think Obama was a crappy president you are racists. If you think OJ is a murderer, you are racist. If you say you’re not a racist, you are racist. Yawn. Luckily the racist label is losing its sting

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 07:48 AM
link   
This clown will go down as the Milli Vanilli of Bigots.

Good luck getting your next job as your last you so messed up.

In two years this cry baby liberal will have been forgotten and homeless some where on the streets of Michigan!

And it couldn't happen to a better liar

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join