It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't believe Smollett? You are racist.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 07:39 AM
link   
For anyone who had that question in their mind "what does going full retard look like?" well, look no farther.

Since those reports, there have been those rushing to indict both Smollett and the communities that rallied around him. It’s a reminder that so many are looking for any reason to unleash their contempt and rage against the efforts to empower victims; there has been gleeful schadenfreude coming from those who never want to take hate crimes seriously in the first place—especially when the victims are black and/or LGBTQ. As more information is released involving what happened to Smollett, those who dismiss or even condone the marginalizing and oppression of black and LGBTQ citizens will revel in any opportunity to downplay the realities of what it means to be an “other” in America. As is always the case with bigots, any one person’s transgression will be used as ammo for disparaging an entire community or mindset—to decry one incident as proof we’ve “gone too far” in these efforts to ensure our friends, family and neighbors aren’t denigrated by the society in which they live. It’s important to remember, before you go to war with such people, that they will find validation in whatever unscrupulous act they can clasp onto as a sweeping indictment. You have no obligation to sway them. They’re bigots.

www.thedailybeast.com...

Ii kid you not, you should be ashamed to not understand how oppressed ........wait, what? How do folks miss things by this much?
Most of us aren't gay black men. And most of us who aren't gay, black men honestly don't know what it's like to be that. But that isn't our fault anymore than it is the fault of the gay black man for being gay and black. We are different, we get it. It almost looks like because in 2019, the general overall attitude is acceptance. Live and let live. Just keep your private life where it belongs, in private.

Are people angry that there isn't this fight, so they feel it's necessary to manufacture it? Or is this just another BAMN thing against Trump? I really wanted this to be fake. And the reason is, I would hate for a situation to exist where someone personified the idiotic stereotype that exists about patriots. If you are pro America, and don't hate the president, you are one of "them". It's where the division was born. I get that some people think differently. In the past, we could accept that and if we listened, perhaps we could learn about why people believe what they do. Now, that isn't the case at all. We need to get back to that, and the current path doesn't lead there.

it's time to end the stupid.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
For anyone who had that question in their mind "what does going full retard look like?" well, look no farther.

Since those reports, there have been those rushing to indict both Smollett and the communities that rallied around him. It’s a reminder that so many are looking for any reason to unleash their contempt and rage against the efforts to empower victims; there has been gleeful schadenfreude coming from those who never want to take hate crimes seriously in the first place—especially when the victims are black and/or LGBTQ. As more information is released involving what happened to Smollett, those who dismiss or even condone the marginalizing and oppression of black and LGBTQ citizens will revel in any opportunity to downplay the realities of what it means to be an “other” in America. As is always the case with bigots, any one person’s transgression will be used as ammo for disparaging an entire community or mindset—to decry one incident as proof we’ve “gone too far” in these efforts to ensure our friends, family and neighbors aren’t denigrated by the society in which they live. It’s important to remember, before you go to war with such people, that they will find validation in whatever unscrupulous act they can clasp onto as a sweeping indictment. You have no obligation to sway them. They’re bigots.

www.thedailybeast.com...

Ii kid you not, you should be ashamed to not understand how oppressed ........wait, what? How do folks miss things by this much?
Most of us aren't gay black men. And most of us who aren't gay, black men honestly don't know what it's like to be that. But that isn't our fault anymore than it is the fault of the gay black man for being gay and black. We are different, we get it. It almost looks like because in 2019, the general overall attitude is acceptance. Live and let live. Just keep your private life where it belongs, in private.

Are people angry that there isn't this fight, so they feel it's necessary to manufacture it? Or is this just another BAMN thing against Trump? I really wanted this to be fake. And the reason is, I would hate for a situation to exist where someone personified the idiotic stereotype that exists about patriots. If you are pro America, and don't hate the president, you are one of "them". It's where the division was born. I get that some people think differently. In the past, we could accept that and if we listened, perhaps we could learn about why people believe what they do. Now, that isn't the case at all. We need to get back to that, and the current path doesn't lead there.

This is just the beginning.

As usual they will double, then, triple down, into delusional fantasy.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Pelosi deleted this tweet, and I don't believe she should have, unless she didn't mean it.
dailycaller.com...

Even if Jussie is lying and he made all this up to boost his career or whatever reason he did it, that attitude is wrong. And rather than condemn the right for perceived thought, why not celebrate those who do the right thing? Those who don't allow this type of behavior.

they guy holding the attacker back, celebrate him.
edit on 18-2-2019 by network dude because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Smollett is personally responsible for denigrating the actual violence done against gays and minorities.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Perhaps a person of greater intelligence than I can explain how two black guys can racially attack another black guy? Were they white Nigerians?

Im so confused!

edit on 18-2-2019 by lakenheath24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Here's the thing: Every one is innocent until proven guilty. In this case, both Smollett and his attackers. No one should have had any opinion -- much less conclusion -- on guilt or innocence until the facts were in. So those who automatically believed Smollett or automatically disbelieved Smollett, whether it was racism or political ideology or whatever, it was based on biases.

I'm not saying that there was no place for suspicions and skepticism. Of course there was. It never rang true for me, and I entertained several possibilities, but I always knew and understood they were possibilities -- nothing confirmed. But there were plenty of people who believed or not believed based upon their own biases, not the facts. Some were right but for the wrong reasons -- including (but not limited to) racist assumptions.

It's nothing to be proud of either way.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Police say they no longer consider Smollett "A VICTIM".

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Guilty or innocent, if this 'story' didn't cause ones BS meter to start pinging from the get-go, then I'd say ones BS meter is faulty or broken.

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Black man fakes a hate crime during black history month......

To funny.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Hmmm, I have to wonder what they think of people in fly over countr who dont know who Smolett is, and who dont give a damn whatever happened.?

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

I had to look it up...dont even know the TV show.

Thing is, as a parent, naming your kid Jussie Smollett is just asking for this sort of thing.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   

I didn't believe that no-talent nobody not even in the beginning.

When a tool of the enemy/the enemy itself speaks there is no reason to listen. Same reason I ignore the rest of the rat F'ing treason weasels

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I love how in the quoted article the writer accuses everyone of bigotry and wanting to jump on the falsehood of this whole thing and use it for an agenda.
The irony is just delicious, do these people actually think before they put this nonsense to paper?

Everything they are writing about is exactly what happened when the news of the attack came out, everyone who was anti-Trump pounced on this like a cat on a mouse and used it to justify any existing bias they may have had about Whites or Trump supporters.

Like with the Covington kids, even after the truth comes out (basically that it was all BS) it is still somehow a reflection on Trump, his supporters, Men and the white population in general.

Stories like this and Covington make me happy, this wakes people up to the medias BS more than anything we could say

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

www.thedailybeast.com...

This is satire, right? Nobody got the memo that two of his black friends bought the rope and staged the whole thing?

Cheers - Dave

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   

is this the Guy who says two white guys beat him up when it was two nigerians who he worked with that done it. same guy who has been pictured at events for HC and the same guy that works for a TV series that ratings had taken a plummet.....
i wonder why he would want all that public attention?

then the people in his circle and writers etc coming out and backing him up!
the writers saying he wasn't getting wrote out hes very important cast member and much loved yadayada

this is set up from the top down, tv series execs wanted to boost ratings and smear the enemy

edit. the accused also flew out home after it happened for a holiday
..till it cooled down? or maybe that was the payment for their part in the pantomime!

its obvious
edit on 18-2-2019 by ManyMasks because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Whatever way you think.

Smollet has done considerable damage to both groups.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

They weren't supposed to get caught.

Have the statements to police by Smollet been released?

Did he say they were black? (just asking, I don't know the answer)

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   
This is why I can’t stand ‘social justice’ culture anymore.

Almost everything is racist or bigoted now, and according to sjws virtually every person of color has been victimized.

That contingent of the left see racism everywhere and also cannot acknowledge that some individuals abuse these concepts either in false claims for their own ends, to prove a point, or in their behavior in regards to other individuals such as white people. I’ve seen first hand women or people of color act like dicks in the workplace or personal situations, invoking social justice ideology when called on it.

Sjws refuse to acknowledge that anyone is acting out of line or lying, in the name of social justice. That’s why in your article posted they cannot have an honest discussion about why people are using the Smollet case as an example of this.

Anyone who disagrees even constructively and as a liberal, must be unwoke, privileged, ignorant, or even racist (gasp).

Functionally they’ve taken away any internal community critique and error alerts to moderate the direction of the movement.

You either echo within the echo chamber or you may be ejected.

edit on 18-2-2019 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-2-2019 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

The only witnesses interviewed were two Nigerian men, that I read. Nothing official yet, but this will be the new standard of irony if it comes out they were having a threesome as well.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Remember when he said he would testify against the suspects, until he found out that they were the Nigerian brothers?
When he found out that they were the suspects, he declined to testify..

Does this mean that if any other (white) guys were the suspects, he would have testified and potentially get two innocent people charged with a hate crime + assault, ect.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join