It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump talks of 'retribution' after Alec Baldwin sketch on SNL

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog
a reply to: FlyingFox

Funny how Trump never complained about it when Obama was the one being spoofed for the 8 years he served.

What works in the favor of SNL is the fact that no presidency has passed without them taking the piss out of them one way or another.

Says it all right there.
Too bad his inbred minions don’t get it.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 10:38 PM
link   

He should quit cryin..whoever is in the drivers seat, gets the attention. Just like when any past presidents/political figures were.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Gandalf77

These are the people who rail and cry about fake news and then go watch Fox. I mean it’s all pretty laughable. I’d have more respect for them if they just owned certain things but like the person they worship they can never admit fault.

BTW, SNL totally skewered Hillary as well, and as much as I hate her she embraced it.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 02:39 AM
link   

a reply to: 3n19m470

Easy... when Obama was made fun of on SNL he laughed, the left laughed, and everyone moved on.

When Trump is made fun of on SNL he demands for censorship and the take down of the show, and the Right jump on the bandwagon, and people on this site create multiple threads on the same topic while frothing at the mouth because "omgerd a comedy skit show made a joke I don't approve of!" COUP COUP COUP.

Hell, Gerald Ford got a total kick out of Chevy Chase's portrayal of him as a bumbling but overly genial commander-in-chief, going as far as inviting Chase to the White House because he understood that the portrayal was a joke.

Show me one comment here that constitutes "foaming at the mouth".

You dont see any difference in the tone of the humor used with Obama vs Trump? It's just the same and the only thing different is that Trump cant handle a little joke like Obama could? Thats honestly your take? Trump is just too (insert your preferred descriptor) to understand the portrayal was a joke?

When Trump was made fun of on SNL he demands censorship? Really? Now your just either lying or misinformed... He did no such thing. All he did was express displeasure.

How do I communicate with someone so far out there that a mere complaint is equated with demands for censorship. It would be insane enough if you were trying to say he was suggesting censorship but you've jumped the shark and are now claiming that Trump is "demanding censorship". Demanding.

If this was the other way around and it was Lefty being targeted in the same so called "harmless joke" kind of way... advertisers would withdraw sponsorship...viewers would not watch so ratings would go down...people would be protesting everywhere including at the homes of the people involved... sternly worded letters, tweets, emails etc would be written...

And these many forms of retribution would eventually force them to start acting normal again.

But they have been immune to such retribution. I wonder why? I wonder how? Oh ooops, I better not ask Those questions... cause that means I am "demanding censorship" so I better just keep my mouth shut, cause certain people *ahem* dont like us asking the wrong questions, poking around in the wrong rabbit holes...they'd prefer if we just stick to the narrative.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gandalf77

Funny how Trump never complained about it when Obama was the one being spoofed for the 8 years he served.

What works in the favor of SNL is the fact that no presidency has passed without them taking the piss out of them one way or another.

Says it all right there.
Too bad his inbred minions don’t get it.

Inbred? Your brain is so contaminated with poison, you can't even see that there was a Huge difference in the way they treated Obama?

You dont realize that there is a difference between friendly joking and mean spirited joking? Wow, you poor sheltered little thing. No wonder you think "inbred" is something an intelligent person would use in an actual adult argument.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: mzinga
a reply to: Gandalf77

These are the people who rail and cry about fake news and then go watch Fox. I mean it’s all pretty laughable. I’d have more respect for them if they just owned certain things but like the person they worship they can never admit fault.

BTW, SNL totally skewered Hillary as well, and as much as I hate her she embraced it.

How many of you are there in this thread? You see the treatment of all these politicians and see no difference in the way they treat Trump?

Well I dont believe any of you. You are all lying right here in front of the world, you are all filthy liars and you ought to be ashamed of yourselves.

Nobody is saying censorship. Nobody is crying. I JUST want you to simply acknowledge that they really cranked up the smear factor with Trump, whereas with Obama they made him look good just as often as bad. And the bad was ways a very minor thing. They may have poked fun at the Birth Certificate issue but they were just making fun of the "Birthers", not actually accusing him of defrauding the USA. With Trump, they are Actually accusing him of treason, and making the jokes about the fact his followers are too dumb to see it. The joke isnt "oh Haha, we all know he isnt REALLY a traitor selling out to Russia, it's just a joke!" No, go look at Alec Baldwins Twitter. He REALLY does think (or at least says...who knows with these people What they actually believe) Trump is a traitor.

Whether you believe that or not, at least admit that Trump is not getting the same treatment as the others. Say he deserves it. Say they have every right to do it. But don't sit here and tell me it isnt happening. You are just insulting yourself and everyone else in this entire country who watches TV.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Do you mean like Trump "mean spirited jokes" with people?

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog

Got any examples of Obama being "spoofed"?

Kenya?

F&F?

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
Seriously, threatening to silence people again? And who watches SNL anymore? I don't understand how this guy can be so easily rattled?

Donald Trump has savaged Saturday Night Live as a “total Republican hit job” while calling for “retribution” and an investigation of the show after another unflattering portrayal of the president by Alec Baldwin.

Baldwin reprised his role as Donald Trump with blonde wig, characteristic pout and exaggerated imitation of the president’s speech-making style, for the show’s cold open on Saturday. This time the sketch parodied the president’s press conference in which he announced a national emergency over his plans to build a border wall with Mexico.

Source

Retribution on what? What kind of retribution? What kind of investigation? What laws? On what grounds? Even if he's just throwing words in the air since when did it become acceptable for the president to make threats outlets that portray him in a negative light? Jesus Christ do people remember 98' the absolute mudslide Bill got from the media? George Bush? Jesus, you seen the Will Ferrel impressions? Imagine they threatened investigations? At what point are first amendment rights considered under threat?
Because Trump knows they really hate Him and conservatives.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
Show me one comment here that constitutes "foaming at the mouth".

I think the amount of words used by you defending trump in this thread might constitute "foaming at the mouth". Even Trump didn't waste as much time on it as you have.

Then again, maybe you have nothing better to do.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jobeycool

They hate him so much they had him on?
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 19-2-2019 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Lol triggered much? I wonder why he is under such scrutiny? Instead of going to fox to get your news maybe open your mind. I come here because even as much as I despise the typical Trump follower sometimes they are right. If I were just to goto CNN or any other non right crazy news outlet I for sure wouldn’t see some of the opinions here.

I don’t argue on fake news guys, but at least I don’t say my sources are gospel. I rarely see a Trump supporter say ... ya I guess Trump may not know what he is doing ... or maybe he could have handled that better. They like their idol double and triple down. That is why he is under such scrutiny because so many people can’t see Trump for exactly what he is.

I hate Trump, but he isn’t completely clueless. He has done some things right. I agree China is a problem, I don’t agree Tardif’s and trade wars are the answer because the bearer of that cost is us.

There are a few other things he has done I do support, and I think most normal people are that way. The problem is what he doesn’t do right.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

originally posted by: Jobeycool

They hate him so much they had him on?
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Before He changed and ran for President and won and saw the destruction and the hatred liberal policies some GOP globalization politicians have done to the U.S........DID you know Donald Trump was on TBN in the audience right before He made the desicion to run....He knows how corrupt globalist really are with as far as unfair trade and hatred of conservatives in the U.S...Also why President Trump talked to Alex Jones and Alex Jones continues to warn hard heads how wreckless globalist really are..They did not believe He would actually win and do what He said.That was before He won...He never once when on anything liberal sense Fallon messed up His hair.
edit on 19-2-2019 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Jobeycool

What does any of that have to do with SNL and their supposed hate of him?

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakikIt means liberals loved Him until He won and was serious about His policies.Then liberals suddenly hated Him as If conservatives do not exist in the U.S.Which is why globalist are stuck up people as well.They live in some fantasy land.
Then the media and FBI hatred and bias stared to show up,which conservatives have been trying to warn how ignorant the MSM really is and bias it is...Now the world is in a divided mess over butthurt liberals not excepting an election result.Treating Obama like some messiah figure.How dare anyone question from MSM Obama,maybe,just maybe we should do our jobs and take a serious look into the birth certificate contraversy..Maybe Obama’s health care plan,just maybe might not be affordable and for some folks.Turns out Obama admitted to lying about.....This is a simple reason why this happened,liberals dominate 90% of the MSM and become all giddy and tickle ears and tingle feelings with liberal presidents...No critical thought whatsoever going on with liberal MSM....That is how you get your country in trouble.

Sorry Watching hockey........type error much lol

edit on 19-2-2019 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Sorry, been busy hiding (wearing a MAGA hat) to pour bleach on some B-list actor.

Has Trump killed Baldwin yet?

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   

What does that have to do with SNL?

I wouldn't be surprised if they would agree to have him back.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

What does that have to do with SNL?

I wouldn't be surprised if they would agree to have him back.
Not sure man...... some of those liberals have real hate in their heart in the MSM politics,they take the stuff to seriously.SNL comedy might.....but they seem to be mostly liberal as well.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
Seriously, threatening to silence people again? And who watches SNL anymore? I don't understand how this guy can be so easily rattled?

Donald Trump has savaged Saturday Night Live as a “total Republican hit job” while calling for “retribution” and an investigation of the show after another unflattering portrayal of the president by Alec Baldwin.

Baldwin reprised his role as Donald Trump with blonde wig, characteristic pout and exaggerated imitation of the president’s speech-making style, for the show’s cold open on Saturday. This time the sketch parodied the president’s press conference in which he announced a national emergency over his plans to build a border wall with Mexico.

Source

Retribution on what? What kind of retribution? What kind of investigation? What laws? On what grounds? Even if he's just throwing words in the air since when did it become acceptable for the president to make threats outlets that portray him in a negative light? Jesus Christ do people remember 98' the absolute mudslide Bill got from the media? George Bush? Jesus, you seen the Will Ferrel impressions? Imagine they threatened investigations? At what point are first amendment rights considered under threat?

SNL actually has had some of its highest viewership numbers in recent years. SNL 42 had 11 million viewers +/-.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

He is the snowflakiest of all the snowflakes.

He's the most thin skinned person to ever be elected at any level of politics. He spends WAY too much time on things that should not even remotely matter to him, such as ratings, SNL, crowd numbers, and stupid crap like that.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join