It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump talks of 'retribution' after Alec Baldwin sketch on SNL

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog

No doubt.
The guy who aped Bill Clinton was a riot.
Dana Carvey aped Bush the 1st like no other.
Good satire mocks everything—including itself (e.g., Simpsons).

Folks with a sense of humor and some brainpower get it and laugh.
Mango Mussolini not so much....
edit on 18-2-2019 by Gandalf77 because: Typo

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
a reply to: 3n19m470

Really? You don't think it is odd that he complains about a show where someone impersonates him although he was on that same show with people impersonating him?

No. I do not. There is no "rule" that says you cannot complain about a show if you were once on the show. Yes even if you hosted it once.

If conservative TV show commentators treated a Democrat the way Trump has been treated, I have no INKLING of a doubt that there would be mobs of people outside their house because they did it to Tucker for far less.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gandalf77

No doubt.
The guy who aped Bill Clinton was a riot.
Dana Carvey aped Bush the 1st like no other.
Good satire mocks everything—including itself (e.g., Simpson’s).

Folks with a sense of humor and some brainpower get it and laugh.
Mango Mussolini not so much....

Yes and perhaps it Was funny the first 50 times...

If your not still laughing the 200th time, well, that's just cause you don't have a sense of humor or even enough brain power to get the joke!

"Wisdom" from Gandalf77 (lulz)

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Who said anything about a rule?

I was implying that he gets it and, despite his new attitude, he was a pretty good sport and showed a good sense of humor in that show. From that POV, his current reactions seem odd.

Not sure what any of that has to do with conservative TV show commentators so I won't even touch on that.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Tina Fey's Sarah Palin had me in literal stitches and I love Kate McKinnon's Hillary Clinton.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Alec Baldwin asking for protection? Worried about his family? The same guy who said to his then 11 year old girl "a rude, thoughtless little pig."

Baldwin is a hack. If Trump was not elected he would be spending more time beating up photographers and bike riders.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 10:00 PM
link   
SNL is scary dude.

Nothing but commie pinko mad anarchist bombers.

Pretty funny at times, though.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470

originally posted by: daskakik

Really? You don't think it is odd that he complains about a show where someone impersonates him although he was on that same show with people impersonating him?

No. I do not. There is no "rule" that says you cannot complain about a show if you were once on the show. Yes even if you hosted it once.

If conservative TV show commentators treated a Democrat the way Trump has been treated, I have no INKLING of a doubt that there would be mobs of people outside their house because they did it to Tucker for far less.

IF conservative commentators treated a dem that way? IF??
Puh-lease.
Have you listened to the likes of Douche Limburger, Sean Shamity, Laura Angryhamhead, etc?
edit on 18-2-2019 by Gandalf77 because: Typo

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog

Tina Fey's Sarah Palin had me in literal stitches and I love Kate McKinnon's Hillary Clinton.

Absolutely!

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 10:19 PM
link   

If President Trump "Lies all the time", as Democrats say, why start a thread based on what this "liar" says?

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Oh ya, forgot them
also Mccarthys Spicer..I think Spicer actually did an episode with her.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Gandalf77

I just finished the Don Cheadle episode and hands down best part was his goodbye while wearing a CCCP jersey with Trump's name on it.

Zing!

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Coulter as well!

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Oh lord I forgot about Melissa's Spicer impersonation.

See, Right, that is how you make a joke. You take Spicer's minor aggressive nature with reporters and you exaggerate it by having an impersonator have a podium on wheels to literally ram reporters. Get the joke? Do I have to explain comedy to you more?

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

If President Trump "Lies all the time", as Democrats say, why start a thread based on what this "liar" says?

It’s not just the dems.
Plenty of us independents have noticed this tendency in the Lyin King.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Coulter as well!

Indeed!
Almost forgot Dolter.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 10:26 PM
link   

I think even Spicer was amused

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 10:27 PM
link   

I think Spicer was also thinking "if only..." too

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I think Trump maybe has in mind the FCC clause of "equal time" for both sides of political advocacy and it's allotted airtime.

Sort of an antiquated legal construction, but it's origins are sound. In my mind, it's part of a societal exchange for their semi-monopoly status, where any schmuck can NOT set up their own unregulated broadcast network to compete. Is schmuck the right word?

Also maybe Trump is laying the groundwork for anti-monopoly legislation towards social media / tech giants, which is the modern example of the same legal principles.

Somehow, Trump sums up the same issue as me, but in one sentence instead of a whole paragraph.

edit on 18-2-2019 by FlyingFox because: freedom

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

Funny how Trump never complained about it when Obama was the one being spoofed for the 8 years he served.

What works in the favor of SNL is the fact that no presidency has passed without them taking the piss out of them one way or another.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join