It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump talks of 'retribution' after Alec Baldwin sketch on SNL

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Trumpelthinskin is just pandering to his inbred minions. He doesn’t do himself any good by letting SNL get his goat. Satire is satire, & they have no problem mocking Nancy Pelosi (Kate McKinnon is awesome), etc.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Trump ATS Suppostoriesorters react in the worst fashion

BBC Camera Man Attacked at Trump Rally UPDATED

President Trump is Intentionally Triggering the Anti-BorderWall Screwballs.

Retributin'
It's a new Trumpian pass time

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I've thought about it and no...

...my mind is still back Smollet's fake hate crime.

Nice try though.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
Seriously, threatening to silence people again? And who watches SNL anymore? I don't understand how this guy can be so easily rattled?

Donald Trump has savaged Saturday Night Live as a “total Republican hit job” while calling for “retribution” and an investigation of the show after another unflattering portrayal of the president by Alec Baldwin.

Baldwin reprised his role as Donald Trump with blonde wig, characteristic pout and exaggerated imitation of the president’s speech-making style, for the show’s cold open on Saturday. This time the sketch parodied the president’s press conference in which he announced a national emergency over his plans to build a border wall with Mexico.

Source

Retribution on what? What kind of retribution? What kind of investigation? What laws? On what grounds? Even if he's just throwing words in the air since when did it become acceptable for the president to make threats outlets that portray him in a negative light? Jesus Christ do people remember 98' the absolute mudslide Bill got from the media? George Bush? Jesus, you seen the Will Ferrel impressions? Imagine they threatened investigations? At what point are first amendment rights considered under threat?

What I find hilarious is Trump claiming victimhood when SNL spoofs and slams Democrats too. Kate McKinnon's RBG is freaking hilarious and Jay Pharoah was spot on with the long "uuuuuhhhhh" pauses when giving addresses as Obama.

Seems like the Right are snowflakes that can't take a joke.
edit on 2/18/2019 by MonkeyFishFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Gandalf77

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   
The oddest part is that he has actually hosted SNL.

(post by 3n19m470 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: Southern Guardian

The cleverly(?) omitted quote from Twitter.

Nothing funny about tired Saturday Night Live on Fake News NBC! Question is, how do the Networks get away with these total Republican hit jobs without retribution? Likewise for many other shows? Very unfair and should be looked into. This is the real Collusion!

There certainly is an argument to be had as is proof in this very thread from you sourcing the guardian.

They didnt even have the nanogram of integrity it takes to actually show their readers what they are bitching about. "Just trust us, it was BAD!"

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
The oddest part is that he has actually hosted SNL.

Yeah. I think that has to be the LEAST odd thing I have ever heard in my entire life.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
Seriously, threatening to silence people again? And who watches SNL anymore? I don't understand how this guy can be so easily rattled?

Donald Trump has savaged Saturday Night Live as a “total Republican hit job” while calling for “retribution” and an investigation of the show after another unflattering portrayal of the president by Alec Baldwin.

Baldwin reprised his role as Donald Trump with blonde wig, characteristic pout and exaggerated imitation of the president’s speech-making style, for the show’s cold open on Saturday. This time the sketch parodied the president’s press conference in which he announced a national emergency over his plans to build a border wall with Mexico.

Source

Retribution on what? What kind of retribution? What kind of investigation? What laws? On what grounds? Even if he's just throwing words in the air since when did it become acceptable for the president to make threats outlets that portray him in a negative light? Jesus Christ do people remember 98' the absolute mudslide Bill got from the media? George Bush? Jesus, you seen the Will Ferrel impressions? Imagine they threatened investigations? At what point are first amendment rights considered under threat?

What I find hilarious is Trump claiming victimhood when SNL spoofs and slams Democrats too. Kate McKinnon's RBG is freaking hilarious and Jay Pharoah was spot on with the long "uuuuuhhhhh" pauses when giving addresses as Obama.

Seems like the Right are snowflakes that can't take a joke.

Why does it seem like the right are snowflakes who cant take a joke? Please. Explain that to me if you're capable.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Really? You don't think it is odd that he complains about a show where someone impersonates him although he was on that same show with people impersonating him?

edit on 18-2-2019 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Easy... when Obama was made fun of on SNL he laughed, the left laughed, and everyone moved on.

When Trump is made fun of on SNL he demands for censorship and the take down of the show, and the Right jump on the bandwagon, and people on this site create multiple threads on the same topic while frothing at the mouth because "omgerd a comedy skit show made a joke I don't approve of!" COUP COUP COUP.

Hell, Gerald Ford got a total kick out of Chevy Chase's portrayal of him as a bumbling but overly genial commander-in-chief, going as far as inviting Chase to the White House because he understood that the portrayal was a joke.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Cassi3l
So true...

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

It's a self fulfilling prophecy

I agree with you, he needn't show himself to be so emotionally fragile. Appearing with Baldwin would be funny..like Bob Dole and others have done.

I think though, he is too petty and delicate to do it.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Trumpelthinskin

That's priceless.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog

Well said.
It reminds me of the whole fake news thing.
It’s not that anything is actually intentionally fake (notice how neither Twitler nor Gerbils can ever actually provide specific examples when they’re pressed). They just poop orange twinkies sideways when anyone dares to question them on the facts or make a point that doesn’t blow sunshine up their rumps. Anything that doesn’t perpetuate the echo chamber must be false.
Right-wing fruit basket logic:
SNL must be bad because they dared to mock Trump. But notice how Trump doesn’t hesitate to mock others. Classic deflection.
Classic hypocrisy.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 09:23 PM
link   

It is kind of strange too because part of why the Obama impersonations were so good was because they were accurate to his speech patterns. The same can be said of Baldwin's portrayal of Trump but it is like the more accurate his impersonation the madder Trump and his base get.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 09:37 PM
link   
The weirdest part of all of this is that the right seems to throw all this praise on Trump because he "trolls" his opposition. So why then is there a super confusing right-wing defense of his beyond thin-skinned ability to be triggered, or "trolled" if you will.

The sadder part of where Trump has led politics is that whoever is his opposition for the next election just has to know how to bait him correctly. Sadly it won't even have to be about policy. It's just going to have to be about someone that knows how to handle a shallow uninformed bully that can fall prey to simple ego traps. During direct debates, if the right person just says the right thing at the right time (or hell, not even the right thing at the right time, just pushes him to his very easy breaking point) it will send that dude into tirades where he'll eat himself, then all they have to do is call him on his plain-as-day bs right then and there. The opposition knows him a lot better than they did before. We'll see.
edit on 18-2-2019 by okrian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Thank you for dancing for our president. It makes his vision for this country so much easier to fulfill when folks do their part and make mountains out of the mundane.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog

For sure, also think of Chevy Chase doing Ford, Dana Carvey's Bush sr, Darrel Hammonds Clinton(priceless) Will Ferrel's Bush jr, Norm Macdonalds Bob Dole. All were good.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join