It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump talks of 'retribution' after Alec Baldwin sketch on SNL

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Trump does a great Trump impression.

It's just his rendition of POTUS that's somewhat questionable.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi
Who are the millenials that you know? My youngest sure as hell doesnt think SNL is the news. I hope you protect those young ones who do.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

How many started threads about it?

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

At least I can afford a TeeVee.... and cable...

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Let me guess... we're looking at the 'technicality' defense once again from the spineless cult45. He didnt say 'retribution' literally therefore, in this case the metaphor doesn't hold.

Oh, but he did!

“Nothing funny about tired Saturday Night Live on Fake News NBC! Question is, how do the Networks get away with these total Republican hit jobs without retribution? Likewise for many other shows? Very unfair and should be looked into. This is the real Collusion!” Trump wrote on Sunday morning.

And now:
Alec Baldwin suggests Trump's latest attack on 'SNL' could be 'a threat to my safety' www.cnn.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: JinMI

At least I can afford a TeeVee.... and cable...

All them dollars and no sense. Shame really.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

It all started when you dropped the test scores to accommodate the less ""mentally agile"" children.

Told them they were all equal and ""special"" ta boot.

Not just an American problem there all the same. LoL

That pretty much covers the millennials I'm afraid, they are not special, unless special equates to fatter, weaker, and more prone to manipulation.

Anyhoo back to Trump.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

since when did it become acceptable for the president to make threats outlets that portray him in a negative light? 

Just conveniently forgot all this, huh ?

www.newsweek.com...]
WHEN OBAMA WENT TO WAR ON FOX NEWS

Attacking the news media is a time-honored White House tactic,” says media critic Brian Stelter, but “to an unusual degree,” this administration has “narrowed its sights to one specific organization,” which it has deemed “part of the political opposition.”

Stelter quotes a top White House staffer: “We’re going to treat them the way we would treat an opponent,” she says. “We don’t need to pretend that this is the way that legitimate news organizations behave.”

Are you suggesting that Fox News is equivalent to SNL? A "news" organisation vs a comedy skit show?

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: Southern Guardian

The cleverly(?) omitted quote from Twitter.

Nothing funny about tired Saturday Night Live on Fake News NBC! Question is, how do the Networks get away with these total Republican hit jobs without retribution? Likewise for many other shows? Very unfair and should be looked into. This is the real Collusion!

There certainly is an argument to be had as is proof in this very thread from you sourcing the guardian.

And people wonder why there's been talk of invoking the 25th Amendment.

Yes, talks from the like of Elizabeth Warren.

G'luck.

Dont forget Mad Maxine.
And Chuckie

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

He's a fragile little soul really.

Only Trumps ego could get dented by a little bit of parody on TV.

Bring back a world version of Spitting Image is my thinking on the matter. LoL
People like you are missing the point. Saturday night live uses humor to characterize the president in an entertaining but false way, then the media mischaracterizes his reaction and cherry picks words and phrases to quote- that’s where people like you come in-

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I get it.

But between snl and most late night talk shows there’s constantttttttt pro liberal and anti trump jokes and skits.

At what point is there a limit? I don’t know.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   
If that was true there would be more political balance in “jokes” from snl to Colbert.

a reply to: 4891morfih

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I loved when the weekend update guy said something like “climate change is a real natural emergency”, expecting applause, but got nothing.

SNL is a Democrat political rally, a one-sided political hitjob, employing people who syphon jokes from twitter.
edit on 18-2-2019 by MadLad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: apydomis

"People like You"

What im i like?

Poor turn of phrase me thinks there.

False is debatable. More like how they see it.

Certainly in a manner that irks Trump somewhat.

Hence his response.

The smart Man would realize that whilst they are poking fun at him, they must be leaving some other poor bastard alone.
edit on 18-2-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Donald Trump is the ultimate version of "bully" all talk on the internet and surrounded by his followers, he says whatever he wants, in his safe place, and he has no action at all, all just empty words

but he has no spine when people say anything about him, this little snowflake gets his feelings hurt extremely easy

just another pathetic snowflake

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
You know I get that some of this has been taken out of its proper context, really I do but....

What they hell can trump not just take a joke and move on, all presidents are made fun of in this way, look at Will Ferrel and Bush for example. The best he can do is just take it on the chin and have a bit of a laugh with it, invite Alec Baldwin to do some kind of funny skit with him. He needs to learn to laugh at himself I think because it only makes him a bigger target for piss taking when he just can't take the joke.

I think the issue is that these people attacking Trump in sketch comedy format are also attacking him at every opportunity in daily life. There isn't a line of this is a sketch and this is what I personally think. Then there is the issue with NBC rewarding these negative actions against the President, and the carry over from how they present the news and how they provide shows. There isn't really a balance between real life negatively slanted reporting and negatively slanted sketch comedy shows aimed at the President.

In the past there was a line between that, but in todays times that line is so blurred as it is nothing but a smudge mark on the ground. The weird thing about all this is that most of these "actors" said that if Trump won the elections that they were going to leave the country. Baldwin was one of them, so why hasn't anyone called him and the others out on that? Instead they open trash the President and then get up set when the President complains about what they say and do. I would say that Trump needs a thicker skin, but seriously the amount of crap that gets tossed at him for no other reason then certain people not liking him is pretty excessive (Even for being the President)

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   

I know, SNL has been once more upstaged by the better comedian.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
Seriously, threatening to silence people again? And who watches SNL anymore? I don't understand how this guy can be so easily rattled?

I don't see how Alec Baldwin gets so easily rattled. Now he "fears for his life," this from a guy who quite regularly beats up people for such crimes as taking a parking space.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Trump probably doesn't watch the show nor did he see this episode.

He is getting feed this stuff but by whom I wonder?

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

Yes.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join