It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump talks of 'retribution' after Alec Baldwin sketch on SNL

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: 4891morfih

This is from the most recent show. The one Trump just complained about.

edit on 18-2-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: Southern Guardian

The cleverly(?) omitted quote from Twitter.

Nothing funny about tired Saturday Night Live on Fake News NBC! Question is, how do the Networks get away with these total Republican hit jobs without retribution? Likewise for many other shows? Very unfair and should be looked into. This is the real Collusion!

There certainly is an argument to be had as is proof in this very thread from you sourcing the guardian.

And people wonder why there's been talk of invoking the 25th Amendment.

Yes, talks from the like of Elizabeth Warren.

G'luck.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Actually, it came from the DOJ. Dollars to donuts Jeff Sessions was on board.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Not quite the same Sparky. SNL is parody, it's presented as such and everyone knows that's what it is. No one goes to SNL to get their 'news'. FOX, on the other hand, portrays itself as a legitimate news outlet. That's the difference.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 06:58 AM
link   
You know I get that some of this has been taken out of its proper context, really I do but....

What they hell can trump not just take a joke and move on, all presidents are made fun of in this way, look at Will Ferrel and Bush for example. The best he can do is just take it on the chin and have a bit of a laugh with it, invite Alec Baldwin to do some kind of funny skit with him. He needs to learn to laugh at himself I think because it only makes him a bigger target for piss taking when he just can't take the joke.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 07:00 AM
link   

edit on 2182019 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Actually, it came from the DOJ. Dollars to donuts Jeff Sessions was on board.

McCabe?

Hah, yea. Again, g'luck.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

If Trump truly had a sense of humor he'd do an updated version of The Aristocrats joke.

Not like he hasn't said enough creepy s*** about Ivanka anyway, what's a little more for comedy's sake.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

SNL is a parody

So is CNN , but you don't see Trump going after phone records of the reporters.
And are you seriously using the " it's not the same" excuse ?

But I'll give you that....what Obama did was much worse.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 07:16 AM
link   

yeah but how many people actually started a thread to defend him on ATS?
So sad.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I can see why Trump is upset.

The SNL skit was almost verbatim of what he gave. They didn't need to change much to make it comedy which says a lot.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I think you're all forgetting Millenials actually believe SNL is news. Same is "The Daily Show", and "Rachel Maddow". They hear it once and it's truth.

Just look at how many idiots that Sarah Palin said things only done as a "parody" on SNL. Baby Dems are unable to distinguish reality from made up television.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
I can see why Trump is upset.

The SNL skit was almost verbatim of what he gave. They didn't need to change much to make it comedy which says a lot.

Thats what I found funny about it.

You know what though its like I say, instead of getting pissed off about it then just embrace it.

Think about it, how much would the public perception of this be if Trump just rolled out Alec Baldwin, doing his Trump impression, to stand next to him during a press conference and the two of them have a laugh about it. Trumps. total sense of humour malfunction is only making this worse.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

They could have just ran the footage of the actual speech. It was just as funny.
The litany of sing songy lines was fodder for the media. They have been playing it over and over again.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

yeah but how many people actually started a thread to defend him on ATS?
So sad.

Oh please.
The Left supported Obama on anything anti Conservative and agreed wholeheartedly with Hillary when she called us " a basket of deplorables", but lose your minds when Trump criticises a bunch of Liberal whiners.
The usual double standards from the Left.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: Southern Guardian

The cleverly(?) omitted quote from Twitter.

Nothing funny about tired Saturday Night Live on Fake News NBC! Question is, how do the Networks get away with these total Republican hit jobs without retribution? Likewise for many other shows? Very unfair and should be looked into. This is the real Collusion!

There certainly is an argument to be had as is proof in this very thread from you sourcing the guardian.

I wonder how in your brain you spin "SHOULD BE 'LOOKED' INTO" in a passive and not aggressive response.

Let me guess... we're looking at the 'technicality' defense once again from the spineless cult45. He didnt say 'retribution' literally therefore, in this case the metaphor doesn't hold.

But 'they go high we go low is call for anarchy' from the dems....

Theres a sinking feeling that this is the same behavior as it was in the middle ages in terms of political fanaticism; except we have the internet and comedy shows instead of jesters and a bell-totting loud mouthed public speaker walking around in the streets instead of Twitter.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 07:35 AM
link   

And apparently his staff too. I never heard of Warren calling for it. Just his own DOJ too funny.

They call him a moron, a flippin moron and that is a euphemism, they say he is a kindergartner, an idiot.
Funny I dont remember Obamas staff dissing him like this when they left their jobs.
But every member of this administration who have been fired or quit have written a tell all book telling the same exact story?
If there are no Son Of Sam laws in DC there will be plenty more.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

And apparently his staff too. I never heard of Warren calling for it. Just his own DOJ too funny.

I'm sure that's what you would see on the 'teevee.'

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Umm, wot?

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
I think you're all forgetting Millenials actually believe SNL is news. Same is "The Daily Show", and "Rachel Maddow". They hear it once and it's truth.

Just look at how many idiots that Sarah Palin said things only done as a "parody" on SNL. Baby Dems are unable to distinguish reality from made up television.

Not just Millenials. My own husband and as you can see from some responses in this thread make the statement...'it is so funny because it is true.' My husband is only a headline reader and refuses to watch anything longer than a minute video clips.

The few times I have forced him to listen to full video is only due to me watching. He always gets angry at it doesn't match with what he believes or 'knows authoritively'. He flip flops back and forth so it only lasts a few days of returning to headlines and parody skits to make him forget the truth of what he seen and heard.

I used to enjoy SNL but then, I too was to busy with life and didn't really dig deeper. It and other comedy shows did effect my biased view. It is amazing how digging deeper has pushed me to the right politically. I haven't lost my sense of humor...still enjoying the old SNL skits. Less politics back then.
edit on 2 18 2019 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join