It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump talks of 'retribution' after Alec Baldwin sketch on SNL

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Seriously, threatening to silence people again? And who watches SNL anymore? I don't understand how this guy can be so easily rattled?

Donald Trump has savaged Saturday Night Live as a “total Republican hit job” while calling for “retribution” and an investigation of the show after another unflattering portrayal of the president by Alec Baldwin.

Baldwin reprised his role as Donald Trump with blonde wig, characteristic pout and exaggerated imitation of the president’s speech-making style, for the show’s cold open on Saturday. This time the sketch parodied the president’s press conference in which he announced a national emergency over his plans to build a border wall with Mexico.

Source

Retribution on what? What kind of retribution? What kind of investigation? What laws? On what grounds? Even if he's just throwing words in the air since when did it become acceptable for the president to make threats outlets that portray him in a negative light? Jesus Christ do people remember 98' the absolute mudslide Bill got from the media? George Bush? Jesus, you seen the Will Ferrel impressions? Imagine they threatened investigations? At what point are first amendment rights considered under threat?

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Imagine if Trump is just the greatest internet troll who ever existed. Such outrage.

+38 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

The cleverly(?) omitted quote from Twitter.

Nothing funny about tired Saturday Night Live on Fake News NBC! Question is, how do the Networks get away with these total Republican hit jobs without retribution? Likewise for many other shows? Very unfair and should be looked into. This is the real Collusion!

There certainly is an argument to be had as is proof in this very thread from you sourcing the guardian.

+16 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Spin...Trump did not "call for retribution"...he asked "how do they get away with these total Republican hit jobs without retribution"?.

I suppose he meant he is surprised that people don't complain on social media, or that network executives don't reprimand wirters/performers when they go too far (wherever that line is), or that people don't call for boycotts, etc.

No doubt that Trump has a very low criticism threshold, and he makes himself look foolish when he lashes out when people trash him, but when the media twists his words...they are equally quilty of misguided hyperbole.
edit on 18-2-2019 by mobiusmale because: typo

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 05:20 AM
link   

he doesn't have humor. must be a sad life.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

Check out the outrage here..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Trump does seem to be the type of person who can dish it out put can't take criticism. I've read a few comments from people who say he doesn't have much of a sense of humor.

Doesn't he know the writers are just going to keep doing more of these types of sketches if he lets it bother him?

Come on Trump it's only a joke....

+19 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Trump can always spy on Baldwin, and weaponize the FBI,DOJ,media against him.

Since it's perfectly acceptable, and was done to Trump as retribution for winning the last election.

How bout them virtual apples?

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Doesnt have that same "stomping around the room throwing glasses at the wall and kicking over chairs" feel to it.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 05:36 AM
link   

He's a fragile little soul really.

Only Trumps ego could get dented by a little bit of parody on TV.

Bring back a world version of Spitting Image is my thinking on the matter. LoL

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Yeah, it kinda does.

The claim of censorship is completely wrong, yet that’s how it’s portrayed, why?

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

nobody is taking your guns........

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 05:53 AM
link   

I dont know, i read both OP's, this one seems to be on a far greater level of kicking and screaming than the one you linked.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 05:59 AM
link   

If the silly Orange sausage seeks ""retribution"" i suggest he puts together and performs his own comedy parody sketch.

Then again he does that every day when he gets up each morning.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Have they ever done a skit on Pelosi?

They should, she's a freakin gold mine!!

"Happy Thanksgiving" !!! 😁

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: 4891morfih
Have they ever done a skit on Pelosi?

Yes, they portray her as the space cadet that she is.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: 4891morfih

I'm sure they will, and AOC as well, so much good comedic fodder to be had there.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

The cleverly(?) omitted quote from Twitter.

Nothing funny about tired Saturday Night Live on Fake News NBC! Question is, how do the Networks get away with these total Republican hit jobs without retribution? Likewise for many other shows? Very unfair and should be looked into. This is the real Collusion!

There certainly is an argument to be had as is proof in this very thread from you sourcing the guardian.

And people wonder why there's been talk of invoking the 25th Amendment.

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 06:24 AM
link   

since when did it become acceptable for the president to make threats outlets that portray him in a negative light? 

Just conveniently forgot all this, huh ?

www.newsweek.com...]
WHEN OBAMA WENT TO WAR ON FOX NEWS

Attacking the news media is a time-honored White House tactic,” says media critic Brian Stelter, but “to an unusual degree,” this administration has “narrowed its sights to one specific organization,” which it has deemed “part of the political opposition.”

Stelter quotes a top White House staffer: “We’re going to treat them the way we would treat an opponent,” she says. “We don’t need to pretend that this is the way that legitimate news organizations behave.”

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Because its a satirical portrayal of him. No different than when they showed Bill Clinton as a fat guy stealing food from kids. I dont like most of the show, but there are some skits they have that are really funny. (The alien abduction one and the its spinoffs over the last couple years). Their portrayal of Pelosi lately is pretty spot on too.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join