It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How much in taxes do illegal immigrants actually pay?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 04:34 AM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

Holy crap. That's insane. It's too late to read tonight, gotta crash, but thank you so much for all the links. That's tomorrow's reading for me

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 05:33 AM
link   
That's funny because I was just saying yesterday how Medicare for all will set in motion a new deal that forms a new union between countries based on healthcare and how the eventuality of it will be for control purposes and subsidizing healthcare for 3rd world countries. If what your suggesting is accurate it seems like a pretty reasonable assertion. Just remember any laws the passed in this land rarely match stated intent, it's always just a setup to attack another freedom, slowly shifting that line into a singular linear path for us to follow.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 05:50 AM
link   
How much in taxes do illegal immigrants actually pay?

Little if any.

The jobs they perform aren't middle class or skilled labor. (lack of education, can't speak the native language,etc)

Plus there is the FACT that half of this country doesn't pay income tax.

www.marketwatch.com...

Approximately 76.4 million or 44.4% of Americans won’t pay any federal income tax in 2018,...Snip

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: riiver

Any foreign student getting a college degree in the United States should be given citizenship with their diploma.

High skilled workers help the economy overall.

Would they ?
As most return to their home countries after college.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   
It takes a rocket scientist to write "Exempt" on line 7 of the W-4 form....
and then your taxes are "0" until you get another SSN,

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: riiver

I actually haven't heard any numbers thrown around as to what they contribute, but I consistently see cost numbers in the $110-$120B range.

As per the IRS they can file and a good number have taxes removed from their pay by their employer as required by law to keep a company in good graces with the IRS. It also comes out to about $1200 per illegal, so it makes sense. One complaint is they are actually paying into SS and will never get it, and that is when I bring up the 120 Billion cost...

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Prove it.

Prove which? That they pay 18 billion, or they cost 120 billion, or both? What do you want as proof... Research IRS for the 18 billion since illegals can actually file for taxes and a good number of companies will tax taxes out of their pay because the IRS is totally different in terms that even if they use illegals they still need to pay their taxes.

As per the 100+ billion in cost it is based on 12.5 million illegals and 2/3 of that cost is state level. Yale University is suggesting there is up to 22 million here and so that would change things up even more. I'm not here to prove anything to you when you write two words. CA is about 22 billion all by itself...

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I think the real impact would vary depending on whether the state has a state income tax or not. In a state Like Texas, for example, an illegal immigrant could have obtained a fake or stolen SS number, and probably doesn't file a tax return. Maybe, but that seems like unwarranted attention. That same immigrant may not have the ss number, and just gets paid under the table.

Now Texas has no state income tax, but sales tax is anywhere from 6.25% to 9.0% depending on the city. They all have to spend money, and it all gets taxed.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   
He maths is simple. $0 ÷ $0 × $0 = nothing

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join