It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Accused Of Pulling Gun On Victim Wearing MAGA Hat

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

To everyone that hates trump maga is the new swastika. To some it's what america needs, i still dont like trump but a lot of people in politics I like even less

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Criminals always believe they have the right of it. Pretty sure politics got nothing to do with it, dudes just a nutter.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

The only answer I can come up with, and it doesn't even really make sense, is that those people are caught up in a virtual world and can't separate themselves, so they are blind to reality.

The most frustrating part of my job is having to deal with traumatized and injured children due to easily avoided circumstances, caused by involvement on the internet. My frustration level grows every time they tell me that the internet "is" their real world.

It has just become a new sickness in our brave New world that seems to generate a new sickness weekly.

Please don't ask me about the parents, that is when my frustration spills over to anger and I start to feel like it is time to throw in the towel and head for the caves.

edit on 18-2-2019 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Word correction.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   
pointing a gun at someone's head is proof he never really used a gun

even street thugs know better

oh and another one that gets to go see the real nazies hope he enjoys his new position in life on the bottom

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

True. Some of that was also about collateral damage.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   
And here is his song......

www.youtube.com...

I dont know how to embed videos.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I just want to be clear here

When something like this happens and the victim is a trump fan it was the deranged leftist.

When something happens and the victim is not a trump fan it's not a crazy trump supporter doing it it is a deranged leftist acting like a rightie

I've seen those posts on these boards.

Everyone sucks

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

I would venture the best shooters are quite a bit more controlled with the emotions.

I would agree.

There is also the consideration that if this fool is willing to pull a gun that fast over nothing, he probably is not very good with hand-to-arm combat. He might can be disarmed. But in the process of disarming him, someone else can easily get shot in the struggle.

Someone who is a decent shooter is usually the last one to pull a gun. They are the ones who will initially retreat from a confrontation, because they do not want it to escalate to the point they know it could escalate to. I would much rather confront someone who is a responsible gun owner and packing than someone who is not responsible, because the latter will likely try to escalate the situation out of a sense of insecurity. Responsible gun owners are not insecure, because they know there is that backup if absolutely necessary. The attacker in this instance showed a ton of insecurity, and armed insecurity is our biggest gun issue.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
I just want to be clear here

When something like this happens and the victim is a trump fan it was the deranged leftist.

When something happens and the victim is not a trump fan it's not a crazy trump supporter doing it it is a deranged leftist acting like a rightie

I've seen those posts on these boards.

Everyone sucks

Yes, and please remember that when the tables are turned.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

So basically we are never going to make progress.
It's always going to but they did it so we can do it type #.

Real nice

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   
it is a hoax, staged and paid for by the rightists

fake news

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Just about anyone can have a firearm whether they are mentally prepared are not. Too many should just leave it in their closet.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Saiker

It would be a much worse story if the idiot pulled the trigger. I am typically a conservative except their tendency to say I'm a bad person because of my sexuality and their stance on guns.

Being on the receiving end of a gun to the head as a child my stance on whom has a gun is pretty solid.

OK, I simply have to address this...

You are NOT a bad person unless you harm others. Period. I don't give two half-shakes of a rat's rear assembly what someone's 'sexuality' is. It's irrelevant to what kind of person they are. If you're male, please don't make a pass at me, but that's all I care about.

As for the childhood experience... sheesh, you have my sympathy!

Now, that said, many people have more than just four years in the military to show them how to be responsible with a gun, and really, it's not just responsibility with a gun that is in question. It's responsibility overall. If someone picks fights and tends to throw a punch over minor things, that is the person I do not want to have a gun... training be damned! The guy who is slow to anger, who thinks logically and analyzes the situation... please let him be packing in case one of the other guys gets a gun!

I think it's more about insecurity than anything else. The guy in this case was likely just trying (in his own mind) to feel like a big man because he normally doesn't feel that way. For a few seconds there, he held power over someone else. When challenged, even just verbally, he retreated into his insecurity again. Had he not had a gun, he would likely have exhibited the same behavior I mentioned above: picking fights and throwing punches over minor issues. That's classical insecurity issues. Even with a gun, his insecurity caused him to back down from the confrontation.

So how do we stop this? Well, in the first place, remove the sources of insecurity. That would include restrictions on freedom... after all, if someone is able to accomplish something important to them, they are less likely to feel insecure. When I am working on a project, there is no insecurity... I am in my zone and comfortable. If I am in a dead-end job where I don't know if that jerk of a boss is going to fire me today, not so much. If I have weapons available to protect myself, there is no insecurity... but if I hear of crimes nearby and I don't have any way to protect myself, I might feel much less secure.

Wanna know what makes me feel insecure right now? I live in a nation where the police have power over me according to the law. Every time I hear about a cop abusing his power, that's telling me that if I am in the presence of a cop, I should have no expectation of being treated as anything more than an annoyance by someone who is openly armed and apparently licensed to kill. I am at the mercy of his mood. When I hear about some idiot in Congress wanting to take away my right to keep a gun handy, that makes me wonder what will happen if they actually pull it off and I come face to face with a black bear or feral hog. What do I do when somebody decides they want what I have and invade my home, with any outside help sometimes an hour or so away. When I hear about the "New Green Deal" taking away gasoline, how do I manage to get to town for supplies when it's ten miles away? I love hamburgers, and they want to ban cows?

There's your insecurity, and it's coming straight from the pundits who have been desperately trying to divide us for so long... and are succeeding. No wonder we have so many people going stoopid while armed.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Just about anyone can have a firearm whether they are mentally prepared are not. Too many should just leave it in their closet.

You won't get much of an argument from me on that.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
dEm0NcratS d0nT hAvE GuNz

You can pretty much tell this guy is not very experienced with firearms. You can sense that he felt powerful holding that gun. That feeling goes away after a while and you just see it as a tool that can be used in very specific situations to save lives.

If Democrats weren't so afraid of guns we would not be dealing with some yellow belly feeling power for the first time in his life...

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: infolurker

Someone almost died for expressing their own opinion.

That's where we are today.

Now come on DB those red hats had words on them, that's enough to set anybody off. LOL

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I agree. Technology is a problem. I've been saying cell phone/service advertisements need to be controlled for a long time now. No checks in them. Also, I DO believe all the cell signals, towers and wifi signals are messing with peoples brains. I think the technology is turning people in to zombies. Of course parenting has a big role in this as well. I'm not eloquent in my replies because of whats happening to my brain. Its very hard to formulate coherent sentences sometimes. For 10 years now something has not been right, and I can tell my brain is getting worse. Maybe our human brains havent evolved to deal with all this. IDK, all I know is something isnt right.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: BoscoMoney

You are not alone. I have many patients complaining of progressive brain fog with no known explanation.

I find it interesting that the number of people that complain of feeling weak, tired, unmotivated, though they get plenty of sleep, eat healthy, and exercise, seem to be increasing.

I too believe we are being affect by our environment which may indeed include toxins from numerous causes.

We are definitely being lead away from seeking solutions to the right problems.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX
it is a hoax, staged and paid for by the rightists

fake news

While it's always a possibility that you could be right, it's highly unlikely. Recent history has shown that hoaxes like this are almost exclusively perpetrated by those on the other side of the aisle. The right-leaning tend to have more pressing real-world problems and concerns they'd like to see addressed; they tend to find ways other than hoaxes to make their political points. Of course if you can show me an epidemic of right-wing hoaxes, I'll happily stand corrected.

Note: I am not a Republican. I am not particularly a Trump fan. Neither am I a Democrat, nor do I think Trump is the devil incarnate. I'm pretty middle of the road.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
a reply to: BoscoMoney

You are not alone. I have many patients complaining of progressive brain fog with no known explanation.

I find it interesting that the number of people that complain of feeling weak, tired, unmotivated, though they get plenty of sleep, eat healthy, and exercise, seem to be increasing.

I too believe we are being affect by our environment which may indeed include toxins from numerous causes.

We are definitely being lead away from seeking solutions to the right problems.

I think that a huge number of these people are really suffering from an almost complete lack of feeling of purpose in their lives. It's a symptom of modern society-- go to school for something you don't really want to do so maybe you can make enough money to live; work at a job that has no tangible benefit to the world or to you personally other than money; go in debt up to your eyeballs for car, house, etc; have kids then send them off to daycare and school to be raised while you watch from the sidelines and make what difference you can in the few hours you actually have them in your lives; etc. etc. etc. So few people have tangible real-world skills--most people don't work at a job where they have anything real to show for their work. More than a quarter of the population doesn't even know how to cook their own food, for God's sake. They don't even have something that simple to give them a sense of accomplishment or purpose. So they feel unfulfilled, without a purpose, and deep down, unnecessary.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join