It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Left vs right: You are brainwashed political pawns, tricked by divide-and-conquer strategy

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

Yes I am an American and I have been paying attention.

I even have worked in social justice extensively. A lot of us talk about how sjws are everywhere now.

That's probably true. As I have stated, who really take them seriously? They turned the SJW movement into a joke.
However, I was talking about the media.

There have been likely hundreds of examples of what you are asking on this site alone, let alone larger ones from twitter to Reddit. There are a number of big sub Reddit’s dedicated just to cataloguing examples.

Examples of the left-wing media pushing the narrative? I'd love to have that link.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14
I suggest you read up on the war on drugs and war on terrorism and Cold War, largely led by right wing rhetoric.

You seem to labor under the illusion that this is just a left wing thing, just as left thinks right wing is evil.

That’s what this thread is about brah.
a reply to: Lumenari

One of the big Progressive pushes is to alienate the average voter by making them feel that there is only one side to the equation, thus allowing them to control both sides of the narrative.

Since they control both parties.

And here you are.

I think you need to think harder, but thanks for the reading suggestions.

edit on 17-2-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Look in the mirror, that’s what I was doing by mirroring your point about progressives. I was pushing back on your framing this as a’progressive’ issue (primarily). Lots of right wing leaders have used divisive language too.
a reply to: Lumenari

edit on 17-2-2019 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   
It depends on if you mean actual real left versus mainstream liberal media. MSNBC, cnn, wa post, salon, you name it, is drenched with it. Again, you either are ideologically blind or dishonest to state otherwise.

i.magaimg.net...

Many many many examples across all aforementioned sites.

It is well known that this narrative is well entrenched on college campuses.

I work in liberal orgs. The same.
a reply to: AProudLefty

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dwagon
If you start getting into this whole "left" vs "right" thing, you are really just a sucker. You're letting a divide-and-conquer strategy distract you from what's going on. The democratic and republican party in the US are working together to control you all, and you are playing right into it.

The elites on both sides are sitting there and laughing about how easy it is to manipulate you, and laughing all the way to the bank I may add.

Good job (sarcasm), you fail.

I agree. There's a reason why everything is so bad. It's never going to get better. So be happy with what you got:

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Again, you either are ideologically blind or dishonest to state otherwise.

How can I be "ideologically blind" to it when I don't watch much of left-wing news? When people keep telling me that CNN is fake news or "negative" towards the right and Trump, I always ask them for examples. I have never gotten ANY real example. And when they do give me, I always check it and it's always the opposite of what they claimed.

And I know about the college campuses. I know that professors and student organizations are usually ideologically driven, both left and right. Once the students graduate and get out to the real world and work, it's different.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I just gave you an example of one compilation.

If you don’t watch liberal media you have no leg to stand on.

Third, I wasn’t talking about trump and fake news. We are talking about the social justice and identity politics narrative.

Just with the Covington kid affair alone the media supported a black nationalist group racially and sex orientation harassing some white kids, and a native adult getting in their face, then liberal media blaming the kids who had done nothing (captured on video). Then the kids got death threats.

It was ALL based on the identity politics narrative.

www.newsbusters.org...

Then we have the recent Jussie hate crime hoax, where many liberal politicians and celebrities rushed to virtue signal about it.

dailycaller.com...

There are just too many examples to mention.

There have been endless discussions regarding toxic masculinity, feminism, whiteness, institutionalized racism, trump voters being white nationalists, etc. you are either being dishonest, ideologically blinded, or not paying attention.

You can even agree with these perspectives yet be honest that they ARE brought up regularly by media and politicians.

edit on 17-2-2019 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 07:05 PM
link   
When its good VS evil? Youre G'damn right I'm divided.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Oh look, another that thinks they're "enlightened". Everyone likes to play Dr. House MD, and diagnose our problems.

And so you've done that. What's your solution?

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I don't agree with this mind-set any longer. I used to when I was younger, but I've come to understand that I was just being intellectually lazy and this mind-set was just a coping mechanism and desperate grasp to control and make sense of the chaos around me. Any short-coming in my own life could be projected on or attributed to this phantom force instead of me taking responsibility for my own lot in life -- which is a toxic mind-set that tricks one into thinking they're freeing themselves from the disorder of the matrix, but instead merely ostracizing themselves from a system and function they sorely need to survive and/or thrive.

How we fix our broken political paradigm is the strengthening of a healthy intellectual center-right faction. The path toward real, lasting and measured progress is through liberal theory with conservative application. We have liberal theory in abundance with nearly zero conservative application. Why, because the center-right has long been de-intellectualized, myopic and selfish which has led to massive stagnation on their side of the spectrum. They're nothing more than opportunists which usually feast heavily on those who are ideologically inclined [see Donald Trump]. And these opportunities afforded to them by the activism of the far left has created a great imbalance in our political model which is pushing the left over the edge from activism to extremism. There is a very fine line between activism and extremism to begin with which is why you want neither side to rule or legislate from that part of the spectrum.

The perception on the left is that the right is ruling from that spectrum when in reality they are not. They are merely center-right, but serve avarice instead of intellectualism. The left like to paint the right as the movie villain equivalent of Dean Wormer from 'Animal House'. When in actuality they are much more like Chevy Chase's character from 'Caddyshack'. Just sitting idly by playing golf and willing to suck the poison out of a man's buttocks if the price is right.

The intellectual center-left has always been quite strong and robust, but they are losing ground because their opposite equal on the center-right is ruled by opportunism fueled by the activist left and vice versa. One positive of the activist left gaining more of a foothold in the political arena is that it will mobilize and grow the intellectual center-right. If the intellectual center-right is healthy and strong enough to balance the center-left then the extremism and opportunism will fall away on both ends and bring balance back to politics and society at large.

It will also matter significantly less which side of the spectrum will be more dominant at any given time as both will be healthy and strong and working symbiotically to push the best, lasting and measured ideas forward and fighting back the extreme measures that are doomed to fail and further divide. This is not to say that there won't be extremism and opportunism in this case, but it will be marginalized and no longer the prevailing ideology of either side -- which is what has been driving the behavioral sink from both ends.
edit on 17-2-2019 by sooth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   

If you don’t watch liberal media you have no leg to stand on.

Yes I do. Fox News talks about CNN all the time and links articles on CNN. Every time Fox News reports bias or a narrative that is being pushed in the left-wing media, I always go and read their articles to fact-check.

And yes I am aware of the Covington kid. Both sides in the media apologized for jumping to conclusion. Lesson well learned.

There have been endless discussions regarding toxic masculinity, feminism, whiteness, institutionalized racism, trump voters being white nationalists

Of course there have been endless discussions about them. As you stated, this happens all the time here on ATS. Discussing is not the same as pushing the narrative.

So basically in a nutshell (at least in my perspective) the bias and the narrative are more powerful in the right-wing media.
edit on 17-2-2019 by AProudLefty because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: sooth

I agree for the most part. However, the far left has used smear tactics and all the cards to mostly render the center right impotent, by forcing them to backpedal and address those smears instead of presenting their views and arguments.

Enter Donald Trump.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 07:22 PM
link   
It's a Red Herring and controlled opposition combined with confirmation bias to make people automatically accept a "non partisan" // single party system.

Professional propaganda at work😎

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 07:24 PM
link   

You're going to deny that the left-wing media was all but frothing at the mouth at the idea and ratings boost of a Smollett lynching?

Or that it took an independent investigation of Covington to determine what a full unedited video told the rest of us pretty much from day 1?

So one news channel, and one radio host are more powerful voices than all the left-wing print, TV, and online media combined?

That's a mental feat.

edit on 17-2-2019 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dwagon
If you start getting into this whole "left" vs "right" thing, you are really just a sucker. You're letting a divide-and-conquer strategy distract you from what's going on. The democratic and republican party in the US are working together to control you all, and you are playing right into it.

The elites on both sides are sitting there and laughing about how easy it is to manipulate you, and laughing all the way to the bank I may add.

Good job (sarcasm), you fail.

I know its fun to pretend youre enlightened and that you might be the first one to bring this about........

But this has been a topic on ATS for over a decade......

So while its cute to stand up on your soap box, I might remind you that another tool is false sense of superiority.......it makes you blind to things right in front of you...........

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

I haven't read about Smollett lynching so I have no idea.

"Independent investigation"? LMAO!!! The full video was already released. Someone trolled the media, both left and right wing, hard on Twitter. That was a very good trolling. Someone got us really good.

So one news channel, and one radio host are more powerful voices than all the left-wing print, TV, and online media combined?

That is not what I claimed.

edit on 17-2-2019 by AProudLefty because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Young and inexperienced. You think you have an original idea, so you run and tell as many people as you can only to find that while you discovered the wheel, everyone else has moved on to driving cars.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 07:32 PM
link   

So you're not as informed as you'd have us believe.

PublicOpinion needs to get in here with his "To-mock" list..
edit on 17-2-2019 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 07:32 PM
link   
There are clear differences between the left and right.

Anyone saying otherwise hasn't been paying attention to just what's being going on.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

So you're not as informed as you'd have us believe.

So you are 100% informed?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join