It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Does a Vegan Reconcile Being Pro-Abortion?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
a reply to: LSU2018

Couldn't have said it better myself. It is called self-control, discipline and self-respect
Something those easy lefties know little about.

if you don't want a child then you should avoid all routes that lead to pregnancy.

They're not into self responsibility. They're rather take the easy way out and rid themselves of any future burdens.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: Metallicus

Simple answer is partisan hack.

That's a fantastic point you brought up. These people are the epitome of hypocrites. They're the kind of person that would throw their own kid in the pathway of a bullet if it meant saving their own life.

Settle down there, vegans are usually vegans because they have empathy towards other living beings. That especially includes one's child.

Not only that, but not all vegans are pro-choice.... Somehow killing a tiny embryo is the equivalent wrong to sacrificing a child...

That's the problem with you anti-abortion extremists.. you equate abortion to the same crime as murder. Thank God the country isn't run by you zealots who would give out 20 years in jail to kids who were irresponsible and had an abortion...

Yeah I know. God forbid people take responsibility for their own actions. What a ridiculous thing to expect.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

Very weird question, what a person personally chooses to eat and why they may feel people should choose their own course over children.
The one has zero to do with another.

Maybe read the OP again. Seems you missed the point of why their decisions are hypocrisy.

Which is what I responded to. Maybe a person should think deeper.

Ok. It just seems to me that the OP was wondering why the same person would refuse any and all foods produced by animals because they think it's cruel, yet don't mind a pregnant woman in great health with a healthy baby could support killing the unborn baby. Why is it cruel to "oppress" an animal for an egg but it's ok to terminate an unborn child with a heartbeat?

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX
how does a pro-lifer reconcile being pro-death penalty?

Because an unborn innocent child isn't a serial killer akin to Ted Bundy.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Very weird question, what a person personally chooses to eat and why they may feel people should choose their own course over children.
The one has zero to do with another.

Maybe read the OP again. Seems you missed the point of why their decisions are hypocrisy.

Which is what I responded to. Maybe a person should think deeper.

Ok. It just seems to me that the OP was wondering why the same person would refuse any and all foods produced by animals because they think it's cruel, yet don't mind a pregnant woman in great health with a healthy baby could support killing the unborn baby. Why is it cruel to "oppress" an animal for an egg but it's ok to terminate an unborn child with a heartbeat?

That has been answered many times already and I have a doubt you really are looking for an answer.
You have already decided this is about a healthy woman in great health with a healthy baby.

You also decided it was a long term and not what most messed up drug addicts and teens do and abort an embryo a cluster of cells with no human functions nor life.

You also clump the reasons for veganism into one when there are many!

The cruelty issue is often about how animals are treated while being used as slaves by humans and not about their use at all. Look into the treatment of animals used for food. But there are many different reasons out there including the drugs and disease issues.

Personally I don't want people who will abuse of hate their children to bring a child to life and create more of the same. A child is for life long not some simple little thing about now but for LIFE.

I don't agree with aborting a "baby" at that point if the baby is unwanted it should be put up for adoption. There are however circumstances when People have a life or death issue for the Mother, who should decide to let her die and save the baby? Dad? What i am saying is that there are many, many different circumstances that law affects not just one.

If a person has not been in the situation of having an unwanted or chancy pregnancy themselves as either the Father or the Mother, why do they have a part in the discussion at all. My wife became pregnant when she was to old and it should not have happened, she was already ill and her last child had been very difficult and caused her a stroke we chose to abort and I am grateful we had that choice.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
No one is pro abortion.

Its pro choice.

Jesus H flipping christ in a hand basket get it right people.

No one is going in for an abortion with glee saying oh joy I get to do this...
Such idiots.

I very seldom agree with you on things, but on this I certainly do. Like everything else that can be politicized, some of the "mouthpieces" may be or at least appear to be pro-abortion, the real women out there--that is, the people who aren't figureheads for a political movement--aren't pro-abortion. They're pro-choice. And a lot of those who are pro-choice are people who would never, ever consider it themselves for moral reasons BUT don't think they have the right to make the choice for others.

On-topic: I still haven't seen anyone really answer the original question in the OP. Maybe they've just never thought too hard about it? On the other hand, I have heard with my own ears some vegans state that animals are more important than people...

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   
And dont forget that they pretty much ALL stand opposed to Capital Punishment.

Kill a baby and it's all good.

Kill a serial killer/rapist or mass murderer and its barbaric and not what a "civilized" society does.

A Leftist brain is about as orderly as a barrel full of cats.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

Do you know where milk comes from?
A cow is made pregnant and has its baby taken from it within 24 hours.....so it can be trapped in a cubicle with suckers on it's teats....
Would you like that to be your life?

However.... Vegans are not necessarily just worried about the animal welfare..... milk is not as healthy as many people have been lead to believe.....especially with all the antibiotics etc that the animal has been forced to recieve.

But how does that support being pro-choice on the topic of abortion?

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: AProudLefty

So you aren't FOR murder you are just okay with it?

No one is okay with murder. You are pushing the narrative that it is a murder to kill a fetus that hasn't had brain developed fully, making it not sentient. Is it murder if someone unplug a life support system on a brain dead patient?

If you want to get us to see that it's a murder, you'll have to present a better argument. Till then, it is not a murder.

If it has a heartbeat its alive.

As to your other point about someone in life support what happens if there's no interference? One will stay the same and the other will develop into a human being.

You Pro-Murder fanatics don't have a valid argument to stand on. Just own it. You like the thought of butchered babies. Just own your depravity.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   

but comparing it to "vegans" makes sense...

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: MadLad

but you pretend a fetus has any form of autonomy...

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX

but you pretend a fetus has any form of autonomy...

A person in a coma lacks autonomy. Is it ok to end their life?

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

I'm just basing this on the thread title but there is no such thing as a true vegan or vegetarian. No matter what the crop there is always some small mammals or insects killed in the process of preparing the land, planting the seeds, tending the crops, cutting the crops and processing the food. Then there's the bugs and things that die in transporting the food.

As for abortion rights, its a woman's right to choose what happens to her body.

It is a womans choice what happens to her body. Until there is another human being growing in it. Her desire for convenience doesnt supersede the babys right to life.

A good trick is to not be a whore and/or use protection.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

you don't recognize the unborn as an individual, with individual rights.

Slavery is something you endorse. Total power and control over another individual's life.

Using the ancient Jedi mind trick on me again?

That doesn't work on a Leftist. For a Jedi Mind Trick to work one has to have a functioning brain.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
Nothing worse than someone who hates vegans. It's like you're offended that a vegan feels animals shouldn't suffer unnecessarily.

Somehow we vegans are making you angry about abortion issues and your morning eggs...

Just pathetic dude...

There's a shocking revelation.

Why even respond if you have nothing different to say.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Ahh so every teen who forgot to use a condom should be forced to have the child? Okay, you can believe that extreme view if you want..

I still don't understand how this is applied to veganism...

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Carcharadon

So you aren't FOR murder you are just okay with it?

No one is okay with murder. You are pushing the narrative that it is a murder to kill a fetus that hasn't had brain developed fully, making it not sentient. Is it murder if someone unplug a life support system on a brain dead patient?

If you want to get us to see that it's a murder, you'll have to present a better argument. Till then, it is not a murder.

If it has a heartbeat its alive.

As to your other point about someone in life support what happens if there's no interference? One will stay the same and the other will develop into a human being.

You Pro-Murder fanatics don't have a valid argument to stand on. Just own it. You like the thought of butchered babies. Just own your depravity.

That gives you the required time in most cases

The baby's heart starts to beat at around 6 weeks.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Carcharadon

A good trick is to not be a whore and/or use protection.

Whow buddy that is an extreme statement. i ASSUME THIS IS THE MALE OR FEMALE INVOLVED?
Sorry I have big fingers and hit caps all the time.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   

It's the same thing with guns and school shootings. Liberals get triggered when a school shooting happens, but they are okay with killing kids that are seconds from being born. Doesn't make sense. I talked with a hardcore liberal about this scenario and he couldnt process the rationale behind it. It really is a mental disease when you believe kids dying in elementary or higher school is not okay, but okay that a few years earlier its okay to kill them. /smh

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   

isn't that up to whoever has power of attorney, or whatever that is called

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join