It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Does a Vegan Reconcile Being Pro-Abortion?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 05:37 AM
link   
It's the labels that we associate with these beliefs that divide us. Why can't a person choose to not kill and use animals and at the same time end the suffering of a poor child who may not live past the age of 1.

Quit getting offended.
edit on 18-2-2019 by ConsciousRoots because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 06:35 AM
link   

The vegan parents of a Florida infant were accused of nearly starving their son to death by feeding him nothing but a potato-based recipe they found on the internet.

Thank God I was raised on real food.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 07:18 AM
link   
No one is pro abortion.

Its pro choice.

Jesus H flipping christ in a hand basket get it right people.

No one is going in for an abortion with glee saying oh joy I get to do this...
Such idiots.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 07:37 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme
I'm pro abortion.

Having it available is a good thing.

Sure, no one is going in glad they're doing it.
Everyone going in is glad they're able however.

From a pro-lifers point of view the claim that a pro-choicer is a pro abortion baby killer is accurate. There's no point arguing that, you need to justify the position of a pro abortion baby killer if you want to make any ground.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: AProudLefty
a reply to: Sheye

You missed the word "sentient".

I'm just dying for you to show me the science behind "sentience".

Maybe some links showing when "sentience" occurs exactly?

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 07:57 AM
link   
To be clear...I am talking about VEGANS in my OP not vegetarians. Why won’t VEGANS eat unfertilized eggs that are ethically sourced like on my sisters farm, but are willing to abort a human baby? This is the issue that boggles my mind.

edit on 2019/2/18 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Simple answer is partisan hack.

That's a fantastic point you brought up. These people are the epitome of hypocrites. They're the kind of person that would throw their own kid in the pathway of a bullet if it meant saving their own life.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

I'm just dying for you to show me the science behind "sentience".

Maybe some links showing when "sentience" occurs exactly?

I have so many answers to that but I will reserve them for later.
I googled "when does sentience begin" and the results are mainly about foetus.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
Why do you guy keep lying with the "pro abortion" sh#t?
Pro choice does not mean you are for abortion..it means it's up to the impregnated one to decide.

That means you support abortion.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 08:14 AM
link   

So you aren't FOR murder you are just okay with it?

No one is okay with murder. You are pushing the narrative that it is a murder to kill a fetus that hasn't had brain developed fully, making it not sentient. Is it murder if someone unplug a life support system on a brain dead patient?

If you want to get us to see that it's a murder, you'll have to present a better argument. Till then, it is not a murder.

Killing a child with a heartbeat is murder. Brain development or not, it has a heartbeat. That's murder.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

How Does a Vegan Reconcile Being Pro-Abortion?

Very weird question, what a person personally chooses to eat and why they may feel people should choose their own course over children.
The one has zero to do with another.

Maybe read the OP again. Seems you missed the point of why their decisions are hypocrisy.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Terri Schiavo had a heartbeat.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Do you know where milk comes from?
A cow is made pregnant and has its baby taken from it within 24 hours.....so it can be trapped in a cubicle with suckers on it's teats....
Would you like that to be your life?

However.... Vegans are not necessarily just worried about the animal welfare..... milk is not as healthy as many people have been lead to believe.....especially with all the antibiotics etc that the animal has been forced to recieve.
edit on 18-2-2019 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 08:51 AM
link   

a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

Plants don't feel pain. They are not sentient.
Fetuses under 24 weeks don't feel pain. They are not sentient.

There OP. That's the reconciliation.

Did they test you when you were 24 weeks so you could know this or are you going by someone who poked a 24 week old fetus and told you they didn't feel anything?

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Sheye
a reply to: Annee
Was watching an old interview with Linda McArtney the other day. The reason she stated why their family became vegetarians was because of their love for animals and not wanting to kill them. Many vegetarians and vegans feel this way.
The OP makes perfect sense within that context.

So, you know stereotype vegetarians.

And I know some that aren't.

Who cares, Annee. Everyone stereotypes, including you. It's normal, stop getting offended.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

I'm just basing this on the thread title but there is no such thing as a true vegan or vegetarian. No matter what the crop there is always some small mammals or insects killed in the process of preparing the land, planting the seeds, tending the crops, cutting the crops and processing the food. Then there's the bugs and things that die in transporting the food.

As for abortion rights, its a woman's right to choose what happens to her body.

It's not about the woman's body. You're right that she can do whatever she wants. We're talking about the innocent life inside of the woman's body.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Drucifer
I'm vegan and pro-choice, but I also don't preach anything to anyone either. I also don't believe it's wrong to eat meat, it's just not something I want to take part of simply because I don't have to. I do believe factory farms are quite atrocious for several reasons and we can discuss that further if wanted, but I'm not interested in a debate as I've already got my mind made up and I'm sure most do here. Honestly, I'd have no problem if people who want to eat meat took matters into their own hands and killed their food themselves.

I admire you for that. If everyone else was like that, the animosity in this country wouldn't be at the level it's at today. I refuse to watch a movie with a known Hollywood activist in it. That's my own choice and I don't tell anyone else not to do it just because I don't. I don't support abortion but I'm not gonna go to a clinic and protest. I just think it's immoral and if you don't want a child then you should avoid all routes that lead to pregnancy. My opinion.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

No such thing....

Let's call it what it is. Pro Life or Pro Death. Pro Choice is a misnomer.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Couldn't have said it better myself. It is called self-control, discipline and self-respect
Something those easy lefties know little about.

if you don't want a child then you should avoid all routes that lead to pregnancy.

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join