It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Does a Vegan Reconcile Being Pro-Abortion?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

You answered yes without explaining why.

It has not committed anything because it is not conscious. It doesn't even have the ability to be aware of itself and feel things. It warrants nothing.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Easy , Most of them are Not Cannibals , and don't Eat their Own ......

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Nobody is pro-abortion.

/thread

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 11:53 PM
link   

This will cut down the number of abortions in this country:

Campus vending machines offer emergency contraception without the stigma

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Snip- weird double post that carried over from page 2.
edit on 18-2-2019 by Drucifer because: Black magic

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Nothing worse than someone who hates vegans. It's like you're offended that a vegan feels animals shouldn't suffer unnecessarily.

Somehow we vegans are making you angry about abortion issues and your morning eggs...

Just pathetic dude...

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Drucifer

I can't believe people even use that argument.. If you compare plants being cut, to that of a dog being cut then you are a sociopath with no empathy...

Sociopaths and abortion activists hate vegans....

For f!cks sake...

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 01:28 AM
link   

edit on 18-2-2019 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 01:41 AM
link   
My fiancee brought a few (6 others aside from myself and my fiancee) of the activist friends over after they volunteered at a farm earlier, so I proposed the question. Seems to be fairly split down the middle. Pretty much all agreed, even the pro-lifers, that in the cases where the baby is going to be severely deformed/life risks are involved that the choice should be made to follow through with the birth or not.

I'll keep asking throughout the week and report back here, but I'm assuming I'll get the same results across the board.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

I can't believe people even use that argument.. If you compare plants being cut, to that of a dog being cut then you are a sociopath with no empathy...

Sociopaths and abortion activists hate vegans....

For f!cks sake...

I suppose the question would have more merit if it weren't coming from a strictly argumentative point, but I've come to view it as quite the weak "Gotcha!" point of view.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Nothing worse than someone who hates vegans. It's like you're offended that a vegan feels animals shouldn't suffer unnecessarily.

Somehow we vegans are making you angry about abortion issues and your morning eggs...

Just pathetic dude...

Lol

And you think I’m the angry one?

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Stereotyping vegetarians?

No, he's stereotyping vegans.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 04:03 AM
link   

I'm not the OP, but I'd certainly be interested in how real-world vegans reply, or if they're willing to reply at all. And I'm sure I'm not the only person reading this thread who would be.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 04:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc

Here is another quandry for you.. Most libs that are pro abortion are against capital punishments

THAT I will never understand. Nor the opposite--that a majority of pro-life people are also pro-capital punishment. Both make me scratch my head and think, "Wtf???"

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Just pathetic dude...

You could show him all vegans don't fit his stereotype by posting a thoughtful, civil answer the somewhat rantish OP. You say "we vegans," implying you're a vegan; and even if you're not pro-choice yourself surely some in your circle are. How DO pro-choice vegans balance these two opposing beliefs? I ask this with all due respect, not sarcastically or judgmentally. I'm not a rapid pro-lifer trying to play "gotcha" (nor am I a rabid pro-choicer either); I'm honestly curious.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: riiver

a majority of pro-life people are also pro-capital punishment

Welcome to the paradox of the human race.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Maybe a better argument is this. If a woman who is pregnant...say...8 months is allowed to terminate the pregnancy, why shouldn't the parent of an 8 month old child be allowed to do the same? Yes...I understand that the baby is "born" but the baby was viable at 8 months in the womb.

I'd like to hear the argument for the differences. I don't see any.

To be fair...I'm pro-choice but there needs to be a time limit or infant-maturity-limit of say 20 weeks. This "until birth" crap is not only creepy, but down right evil.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: AProudLefty

I am pro-choice and pro-capital-punishment. There are times when the best choice for something living...is for it to die.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: QuittingHeaven

There are times when the best choice for something living...is for it to die.

That's the conundrum, isn't it?

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

So, you think that there is some magical, imaginary barrier to life outside the womb?
How foolish.
Just what is moving, and growing, and thinking and feeling inside the womb then? Is it the undead?
No, it's clearly life itself.

It is a *life form* unable to exist outside of its environment .......

Neither science or medicine has yet been able to solve that!

So not so foolish, there is a "magical imaginary barrier to life outside the womb"

Liberals love to imagine some magical demarcation point between life in the womb and life outside the womb. It's just a different stage, like the tadpole, which are not birthed, btw.
Liberals just can't win this battle. Its alive in the womb. Period.

^^^^
^^^^ There IS a "magical demarcation point between life in the

womb and life outside the womb"

Its called 24 weeks gestation

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join