It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Does a Vegan Reconcile Being Pro-Abortion?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: AProudLefty
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

How can it tell me if it has no brain function at al? And scientific instruments tell doctors and scientists all the time.

Keep telling yourself that, to ease your conscience.

The early signs of a brain have begun to form. Even though the fetus is now developing areas that will become specific sections of the brain, not until the end of week 5 and into week 6 (usually around forty to forty-three days) does the first electrical brain activity begin to occur
-The Ethical Brain

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

I have good conscience, thank you. Why would I feel bad there's no brain activity showing signs of consciousness?

Why didn't you post the rest?

This activity, however, is not coherent activity of the kind that underlies human consciousness, or even the coherent activity seen in a shrimp's nervous system. Just as neural activity is present in clinically brain-dead patients, early neural activity consists of unorganized neuron firing of a primitive kind. Neuronal activity by itself does not represent integrated behavior.

edit on 19-2-2019 by AProudLefty because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO
I think those days are over pretty much now though...people are too lazy to try most anything.

Those days are over, but it's not because of laziness.
It's because of easy access to abortions.

Remove that and you'll bring those days back.

I'll even grant you your bi***'s be crazy argument, even if I accept that the vast majority of abortions are by crazy broads in their mid 20's. That doesn't change anything.

Think of it like gun control.
You'd rather have a gun and never need it than vice versa.
Some people don't know how to use guns but that doesn't mean you should be punished for that.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Now, if Vegans don't like the idea of killing animals why are they okay with killing humans?

Perhaps they don't consider the phenomena of cell replication life? After all tumors replicate cells? It's kind of their entire thing.

By most estimates God/Nature "kills" up to 40% of children in the first 12 weeks via spontaneous abortion or miscarriage, most going unnoticed as heavy periods. Does nature/God kill almost half of all children?

It might also be noted that the potential for miscarriage nosedives to less than 4% in the second trimester.

Possibly there is fault in your premise that a sperm penetrating an egg immediately qualifies as a baby and thus pro-choice folks are for murder.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a reply to: AProudLefty

LMAO. No really? They start when they start? That's your answer?

Nevermind...

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

How many women use a coil to prevent pregnancy?
Eggs get fertilised and are basically aborted if a coil is used.

Should the coil be banned?

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 07:07 AM
link   

So consciousness started before the first brain function? Is that what you are saying? Are you referring to soul?

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

To kill an animal for food is to kill a viable life. Abortion is simply getting rid of cells as you would a wart. What’s so hard to understand???

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Dude, even the Bible says you’re point is invalid.....

Genesis 2:7
“Then the LORD God formed man from the dust on the ground.
He breathed the breath of life into the mans nostrils, and the man became a living person.”

So there you have it. As you can see, once that first breath is taken you become a living being IN GODS OWN EYES. Not before. Take your stupid argument up with god.
edit on 20-2-2019 by Abbby because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 07:20 AM
link   

So consciousness started before the first brain function? Is that what you are saying? Are you referring to soul?

What is a soul? Is it tangible? Is it ethereal?

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

I do not know. Apparently he thinks there's consciousness in a fetus before the brain starts to develop.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   

They don't eat the aborted fetuses.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Being a vegetarian myself... it's not that difficult to understand how we may be ok with abortion.

We don't intend to eat babies...and myself personally Abortion??? I don't intend to foist my opinions on to other beings who might be faced with such dilemmas, that is for their own conscience and that of the people it concerns.

Each person makes their own life and the decisions therein which lead them down a road of their own making...

On a metaphysical note, the energy that pulses through our bodies and every living thing is eternal, what we perceive as death like reality is merely waves... observed and then made manifest, only to return to its primary state later.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

How many women use a coil to prevent pregnancy?
Eggs get fertilised and are basically aborted if a coil is used.

Should the coil be banned?

Why stop there?

Sperm swim and navigate on their own! Every sperm is sacred!

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   

a reply to: eletheia

I do not know. Apparently he thinks there's consciousness in a fetus before the brain starts to develop.

Please quote where I stated anything about consciousness or the soul.

You can knock that strawman down now.

I'm not the one claiming to know when "Sentience" starts....remember that? That's what I've been commenting on...the only thing I've commented on in this thread.

Apparently you also know where consciousness resides, and when it starts. This is getting good...

Cool, you know more than anyone else could possible know, but you already knew that.

edit on 2/21/2019 by MykeNukem because: sp.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Moral issues are immoral.Morals are subjective not objective. So trying for a moral standard is quite like catching a fart then painting it blue. That it can be done is debatable, but why do it?

For the record, I was informed Vegans do not eat aborted babies,, I was mis-reading the OP.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 05:16 AM
link   

So you aren't FOR murder you are just okay with it?

No one is okay with murder. You are pushing the narrative that it is a murder to kill a fetus that hasn't had brain developed fully, making it not sentient. Is it murder if someone unplug a life support system on a brain dead patient?

If you want to get us to see that it's a murder, you'll have to present a better argument. Till then, it is not a murder.

youtu.be...

I am sorry to inform you that a majority of your constiuents on your side of the isle actually do not care if the baby is viable or not, sentient or not

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: RsaWarhawk

I am sorry to inform you that a majority of your constiuents on your side of the isle actually do not care if the baby is viable or not, sentient or not

Most? Do you have a source for that? And if most don't care, then why restrict abortion to less than 24 weeks? Oh and remember that Roe v. Wade was a conservative/Republican majority decision, so that's on YOUR side of the isle.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 05:28 AM
link   

We were talking about sentience and consciousness. No strawman here.

And no I do not know more than anyone else. You know as much as I do. That is why we keep reading the studies and researches from scientists and doctors. If you can show me that sentience/consciousness starts way before 24 weeks, then I will change my position.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Why do anti-abortionists eat animals? How about a baby was taken from its mom at birth and locked in a cage in its own waste unable to move for months to be eaten as veal?

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join