It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Does a Vegan Reconcile Being Pro-Abortion?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   
So, I sort of understand Vegetarians because they don't believe in killing animals for food and can still easily eat a healthy diet that includes, eggs, dairy etc along with all the other stuff a normal person would eat. Where I have a problem is Vegans.

These people along with being more annoying than a proselytizing evangelical Christian, make no damn sense. First of all these morons like to pretend animals that produce eggs, cheese and other dairy product are somehow 'oppressed'. Secondly, these people are often libtards who fully support abortion. I find that incredibly hypocritical.

No one is going to tell me the egg laying hens on my sisters farm are oppressed or mistreated. They have an amazing, heated, palatial estate, are regularly fed, have unlimited fresh water to drink. They get to roam around their enclosure and are protected from coyotes and other natural predators. These pampered birds live a life of luxury and happiness, unlike many humans I know.

All these birds do is lay unfertilized eggs that people eat in exchange for their pampered life of not running from Wile E. Coyote. There is nothing evil or oppressive about their lives and my sister even has names for these birds and treats them like pets.

Now, if Vegans don't like the idea of killing animals why are they okay with killing humans? If they aren't okay with eating eggs that aren't even fertilized why are they okay with killing fertilized human embryos? Also, why are they constantly harping on everyone else to eat what they eat? My body my choice, right?

Anyway, there is nothing worse in life than a libtard vegan in my opinion. These are the most annoying creatures on the planet. If you believe in something then just do it and shut the hell up about it and stop trying to tell normal folks how to live. How do you know if someone is a Vegan? Don't worry they will be sure to tell you.

Also, get some consistency. If you are Vegan AND a libtard, baby killer you are a hypocritical idiot.

edit on 2019/2/17 by Metallicus because: Fat Fingers

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I can't reconcile it either.

Vegan and Abortion?

They call it cognitive dissonance.

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   

A worried woman went to her gynecologist and said:

'Doctor, I have a serious problem and desperately need your help! My baby is not even 1 year old and I'm pregnant again. I don't want kids so close together.

So the doctor said: 'Ok and what do you want me to do?'

She said: 'I want you to end my pregnancy, and I'm counting on your help with this.'

The doctor thought for a little, and after some silence he said to the lady: 'I think I have a better solution for your problem. It's less dangerous for you too.'

She smiled, thinking that the doctor was going to accept her request.

Then he continued: 'You see, in order for you not to have to take care 2 babies at the same time, let's kill the one in your arms. This way, you could rest some before the other one is born. If we're going to kill one of them, it doesn't matter which one it is. There would be no risk for your body if you chose the one in your arms.

The lady was horrified and said: 'No doctor! How terrible! It's a crime to kill a child!

'I agree', the doctor replied. 'But you seemed to be OK with it, so I thought maybe that was the best solution.'

The doctor smiled, realizing that he had made his point.

He convinced the mom that there is no difference in killing a child that's already been born and one that's still in the womb.

The crime is the same!

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Your sister's free range chickens are much different than the factory farmed chickens that are used for the mass production of the eggs in our grocery stores.

I don't agree with vegans or their "logic" but I wouldn't sit there on my pedestal judging them as many of them do to others, that would just make me as much of a hypocrite as they are.

You might want to stop being so judgemental.
edit on 2/17/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Why do you guy keep lying with the "pro abortion" sh#t?
Pro choice does not mean you are for abortion..it means it's up to the impregnated one to decide.

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
Pro choice does not mean you are for abortion..it means it's up to the impregnated one to decide.

So you aren't FOR murder you are just okay with it?

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Until it comes to free contraception, and child support.

Then men matter again.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Not all vegans are judgemental and skiterish. Deer are judgemental and skiterish, but some vegans do cheat and some deer also eat roast beef and pasties. No deer I tested eats ice cream though, nor do they eat eggs. When you start feeding them meat, they start to rip open the garbage bags down by the road on garbage day. Oh, did I mention they also like lasagna with meat in it too.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

No one is okay with murder. You are pushing the narrative that it is a murder to kill a fetus that hasn't had brain developed fully, making it not sentient. Is it murder if someone unplug a life support system on a brain dead patient?

If you want to get us to see that it's a murder, you'll have to present a better argument. Till then, it is not a murder.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: neversleep

I get the point but the problem is that it's a strawman. If you kill the baby, it's murder. If you abort the fetus before 24 weeks, it isn't (at least for now if medical advances show that they can be viable outside before 24 weeks and that somehow they are sentient and feel something).

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: AProudLefty

No one is okay with murder. You are pushing the narrative that it is a murder to kill a fetus that hasn't had brain developed fully, making it not sentient. Is it murder if someone unplug a life support system on a brain dead patient?

If you want to get us to see that it's a murder, you'll have to present a better argument. Till then, it is not a murder.

A six year old’s brain has not developed fully. By your reasoning it would be perfectly fine to kill one and not call it murder.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

You missed the word "sentient".

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Pointing out hypocrisy: Level Expert

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   

How Does a Vegan Reconcile Being Pro-Abortion?

Very weird question, what a person personally chooses to eat and why they may feel people should choose their own course over children.
The one has zero to do with another.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Stereotyping vegetarians?

Vegetarians I know - - are so - - simply because they believe its healthier for their bodies.

Has nothing to do with food animals.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Well to be fair I'm more interested in how Vegans justify eating plants which are also alive, but I'm not sure if you can really compare abortion and veganism.

Although 1 less human on the world is going to save countless animals so vegans being pro abortion seems pretty consistent to me.

The only reason you need to justify abortion is it stops young girls killing themselves with a coathanger.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Check it out Rickymouse - rabbit hares eat meat! Sorry, bunny-lovers: snowshoe hares eat meat — including other hares

Researcher says his findings add to growing body of evidence that herbivores aren't strictly plant-eaters www.cbc.ca...
edit on 17-2-2019 by hiddeninsite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Or an 18 year old male's.
Good point Sheye.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

Plants don't feel pain. They are not sentient.
Fetuses under 24 weeks don't feel pain. They are not sentient.

There OP. That's the reconciliation.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee
Was watching an old interview with Linda McArtney the other day. The reason she stated why their family became vegetarians was because of their love for animals and not wanting to kill them. Many vegetarians and vegans feel this way.
The OP makes perfect sense within that context.

edit on 17-2-2019 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join