It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SUPER STRESSED

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I know it's early but I have taken 2 shots of some tasty brandy! Sorry Hennessy as I have done you a dishonor.

So onto with my rant.....I have been ranting around with this whole stupid business I started. Yes it has a solid front and is gaining ground but I can't keep up with it. I think I may end up having to sell it off. I have two options here.
1.leave my current job and focus on my LLC. Fiscally speaking that is a bad idea but could pay off.
2.Keep my current job and attempt to run my LLC on my off time which will then encompass all my time and then in turn cause much more stress.

I just want to FECKING retire early man! This shiz sucks. Why is life so hard? Even after retiring I have other plans dude that will not be cheap.

To all those older than me and made shiz work....GO YOU
I now see how this actually is man..... it's hard dude

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
I know it's early but I have taken 2 shots of some tasty brandy! Sorry Hennessy as I have done you a dishonor.

So onto with my rant.....I have been ranting around with this whole stupid business I started. Yes it has a solid front and is gaining ground but I can't keep up with it. I think I may end up having to sell it off. I have two options here.
1.leave my current job and focus on my LLC. Fiscally speaking that is a bad idea but could pay off.
2.Keep my current job and attempt to run my LLC on my off time which will then encompass all my time and then in turn cause much more stress.

I just want to FECKING retire early man! This shiz sucks. Why is life so hard? Even after retiring I have other plans dude that will not be cheap.

You will have to commit to your business 100% if you wish to "retire early" You'll never make enough money working a regular job to acquire any meaningful assets.

Running your own business is the hardest thing in life you can ever do, if everybody could do it then there wouldn't be any employees. I've spent 6 years of my life dedicated to growing my business, its not my dream career but it's a stepping stone to the next adventure.

Everybody should watch that video, but most won't.
edit on 2/17/2019 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Enhance your calm John Spartan.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

What about cutting hours out of your current job, a day even to work on your LLC, or is that not possible?

Or I would say 2. but only do that for a set period of time. When you commit to only doing it for a time it could help you to persevere because you will know it's not going to be like that forever. Work both your current job full time and on your LLC as full time as you can and eat all the stress until the end of the fiscal year, and then you would have a better idea about how much you could/would be making and can either cut dramatic hours at your current job or quit to run your business full time.

What about hired help?

For whatever reason I'm interested to see what you will do. I hope it all works out for you!
edit on 17-2-2019 by geezlouise because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   
What gave you the impression that any of it is easy now, or 10-20 years ago?

You could continue to build it up enough and then sell it when its worth more, but still risk being low balled or not getting any bites at alll. Or you could stick it out, sacrificing this time now, so that you can possibly make bank and retire early enjoying the rest of your life.

Up to you which sounds more appealing.
edit on 17-2-2019 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Is your business something you are doing for the love of it? To help people and give the community a product it needs? Or are you doing it for money?

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   

I'm of the opinion to do what you love and the $$$s will follow. But I have also gone belly up a few times in my entrepreneurial career. The danger with chasing the LLC dream is that most are under capitalized to make it successful.

My dream is to never retire and work at what I love until I drop dead.

I maintain 2 LLC businesses but still work union gigs...livin the dream.

Good luck with whatever path you decide to take.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Just keep up what your doing. You'll probably die young from the stress, then you won't have to worry about retirement.

But, actually, step back and reevaluate where you are, where you're headed, where you actually want to get to and how much you're willing to tolerate and sacrifice to get there. Compare that to where you are headed on your present course.

Maybe your aspirations for the future are overblown. Maybe you are not willing or able to do what it takes to get where you say you want to be. Maybe it's time for some deep and thoughtful revaluation. There's something to that old saying that you can't have your cake and eat it, too.
:
edit on 2019 2 17 by incoserv because: I could

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Depending on your situation, working may be in the cards for medical benefits. Having to spend $1,600 a month for crappy medical won't pan out well if you have any ongoing expenses in that area.

Many people I know in their 60's are still working specifically for the medical benefits / plans they have at their job due how much it would cost paying for it themselves (both the medical insurance and the astronomical costs of things like insulin on those crappy health plans).
edit on 17-2-2019 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   

You must be doing something wrong.
Business owners are greedy bastards that profit off the backs of others.
They don't work hard and get stressed out...

Ok, back to reality.
Most new businesses fail, it's like a 90% failure rate.
I've owned several businesses.
It takes a lot of long hours and hard work to make a business successful and not everybody is cut out to do it.
I'm in the process of selling mine current business off and then I have to make the decision wether to start something new or just work for someone else.
Not an easy decision.

Many don't realize that people that retire early probably did a lot more work early and sacrifice much for the gain.

edit on 17-2-2019 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Or.......you could just go to McDonald's and spill some flaming hot coffee on your man-sack and blow a McNugget out of your spleen in agony...sue...and then live the life of a gigolo on the new reality TV show 'Man-whores of South Des Moines'.

edit on 2/17/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 09:07 PM
link   

If you think you can get ahead doing it, then give it a shot.

Your current job is just that... a job.

Plenty of others out there... are you willing to bet on yourself?

Then either man up and do it or not.

Running a business is not for the weak of heart.

Expect 80-120 hour weeks, constant disappointment from literally anyone you lean on in the business and family members that think you are focusing on the wrong things.

It's a damn sight easier having a boss than being a boss.

However, if you have the will to do it and have a goal in mind, reach for the brass ring.

90% of people that try it fail.

Some keep trying, others give up.

Entirely up to you... they are your dreams to fail at, after all.

Welcome to America... where you have that chance.

As for "Retiring Early", not really an option for most that do succeed.

BUT.

If you have the will to do it, it is entirely possible.

Ready to play the game?

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 09:11 PM
link   
It takes a lot of dedication and work to get a successful business going. I used to work on the job and do estimates, billing, taxes, and payroll after work and on my days off. I worked seven days a week, at least twelve hours a day for many years. I was attuned to stress, it was normal for me living in the rat race. Then I got into a car accident and got epilepsy and I could not work anymore since I could not tolerate the meds, I still own the business and have most of the tools, but I can't do much even though I can control it with diet, but once I start to work hard, the extra energy can increase seizure risk every time. It sucks.

Learn to live within your means, learn to identify your needs. Your LLC can be a hobby that is profitable, when you get going a little stronger, then it is time to get into it full time. It still requires lots of time to build a business and increase it's size. Is it worth it? I learned a lot and I feel it was worth it, I went through some times with low income and times rolling in dough. Lots of expenses to run my business though, lots of insurances and tools to buy. But I did enjoy what I was doing, I did not enjoy just estimating and billing, I liked to work with the guys on the jobs.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I'm going to bet on myself and keep doing this.
At first I thought I would be able to just take my know how into a private venture. That is simply not the case. That I now realize and will move forward.

I know that my business will most likely fail but giving up is not an option that I will lay on the table. I was previously thinking about that BUT I don't want to do so. If I can nail this upcoming job then I may possibly be a made man.

So now I will stop complaining and move forward. Tis the best thing to do.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 10:02 PM
link   

edit on 2/17/2019 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 02:49 AM
link   

If something makes you feel bad, why keep going? Don't kill yourself guy, what's the point?

Be happy instead, This is just one business, is it taking you down, so drop it. Is it making you feel good? Keep it then

No reason to keep a bad business, even if it's raising, it is not helping you to become a happier person. So at this point, it clearly is damaging your life and you should drop it

Honest opinion, not everything is about money in life, but you do as you must. Personally, i think you are in need to drop this before it kills you or turns you bitter and frustrated for the rest of your life

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: eXia7

Thanks I will listen to the audio vid.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   
No one gets rich working for someone else. That is just a fact and I didn’t retire until after I left my high paying corporate gig and ran my own businesses full time. Good luck to you!

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   

a reply to: Lumenari

I'm going to bet on myself and keep doing this.
At first I thought I would be able to just take my know how into a private venture. That is simply not the case. That I now realize and will move forward.

I know that my business will most likely fail but giving up is not an option that I will lay on the table. I was previously thinking about that BUT I don't want to do so. If I can nail this upcoming job then I may possibly be a made man.

So now I will stop complaining and move forward. Tis the best thing to do.

I didn't see it as complaining... you were thinking out loud and asking an honest question.

I have had 2 businesses fail in my life... the first was because I overextended and had more work than I could deliver.

Which is good problem to have, if you can work around it.

The second was completely out of my hands... the Spotted Owl killed it.

I have had my ups and downs with my current one... the most frustrating part of this one has been changing EPA regulations that don't allow me to plan 5 years in advance when I need to.

THAT being said, to me there is nothing better than making a living for myself and not have to rely on business decisions made by others.

Self-reliance.

I wish you luck on your venture and remember as you go to always surround yourself with good people.

Also remember that what you put into your company is what you are going to get out of it.

The greater the risk, the greater the returns.

Now go kick some ass and welcome to the American Dream.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Tough call : keep the 'regular money' coming in, pay the bills
whilst the private - for the moment, "hobby' - is showing promise...

Do you have an idea of the time Investment/money returns ?
it must at least be a wee be interesting if you're still giving time
and are considering devoting even more !

How about this -

Do you still have holiday day's to take,
If so, then, instead of booking a full week,
go all selfish and book 3 long weekends

Designate only those days as your "opening hours"
How much dough would that bring you in ...?

Nothing in the weekdays over those 3 day periods

That's familly and funtime
after working your nuts off

new topics

top topics

join