It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How The DNC Is Pushing Away The Center

page: 1

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Despite what the media shows and what we actually see, most Americans are either slightly left of the center or slightly right, the far Alt-Right and far Alt-Left get the most attention because they make the most noise. All those Obama voters that went over to Trump in 2016, they are the center.
Yet the left feels the need to double down to secure their alt-left base. But it's going to alienate a certain class of voter .

Here was a point made that all Americans are watching and will be reminded of in 2020.

The sight of Democratic lawmakers giving each other high fives as they celebrated passing legislation allowed the killing of fetuses shortly before birth and killing coveted high-paying jobs was truly revolting.

Most Americans don't want this, and when it comes time to vote they will express their displeasure.

Continue to push away the left centrists and you will lose again in 2020.
edit on 17-2-2019 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Well, the left no matter cares, tbh.

Once they can through illegal immigration and a few legal tweaks to voting turn Texas and Arizona blue then they have the electoral college.

They already have a proven plan for it, after all... look what they did to California.

So now they are free to rip the curtain away and show themselves for what they actually represent.

Fly-over states no longer matter to them.

2020 is a minor speed bump to them... the long game is what matters.

The moderate and conservative voter is no longer going to matter.

Interesting times are coming.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I have to agree.

The D's don't care.

They've got their corruption down pat.

Rigging primaries,debates,nominations, illegally spying on their opponents, and weaponizing federal LEO.

The only thing that is ever going to stop them is an armed insurrection.

Voting not so much.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I agree to a certain degree. Even democrat positions 10 years ago such as immigration enforcement are now ‘racist.’

For me, it’s the open borders, sjw and identity politics behavior, and things such as deplatforming a and anti free speech that seem really extreme.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I would say it is more that the ruling elitist purge began in the R party after the whole Clinton impeachment fiasco that saw $200 mil tax payer dollars wasted on a purely political hit piece to determine that Billy, like most individuals in power, participated in inappropriate behavior during working hours.

This caused many of the ruling class members with an R to be purged by individuals more interested in moving the country forward than retaining power. This began to put a stress on the D rulers, who, in seeing their ruling elite class pals across the aisle getting overtaken and downgraded back to regular citizens, began to re-enforce their ability to hold their status via the D party.

This is why there is a stronger ruling elite group holding onto power in the D side then the R side, make no mistake, if there is any let up on either side, we will find ourselves again facing the prospect of a permanent ruling class. Both parties are just as corrupt and willing to serve in their own self interest as the other, it is just how much we in Fly Over country have been willing to put them in check that determines how radical they become.

(post by jimmyx removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

I laughed when I read this.

Our founding fathers advocated overthrowing the government occassionally to keep them in check.

Although the only civil war we have had to fight so far was against Democrats...

So it may very well come again.

And in closing, it isn't your country, thank God.

It's ours.

edit on Sun Feb 17 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

(post by ker2010 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 05:09 PM
link   
This is very true for my husband and myself.... and we’ve discussed how the extreme left will push left leaning center dwellers more right. I don’t like it, but it’s what’s happening.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 05:09 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government,laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

They sure did.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Does anyone think Talk/compromise is going to work with people that want to abolish the electoral college?

Calling for violence against their opponents and a duly elected president.

You can't even get a fair democratic process from them.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Does anyone think Talk/compromise is going to work with people that want to abolish the electoral college?

Calling for violence against their opponents and a duly elected president.

You can't even get a fair democratic process from them.

No its not, and id rather die than live under their Marxist rule.

No matter how solid the statistics, facts, or arguments how many of the far left posters on here have you seen change opinions after thousands of lines of dialogue?

They hate America, it is stolen land, and the white man gets whats coming to him. Like Rush says it doesn't matter what this country did to make things right. It doesn't matter women, minority's etc etc all have equal rights. They don't care they want to destroy America and rebuild it.

Nothing we have done will appease them, the whole country must be scrapped. The founding fathers were all a bunch of racist colonizers and the constitution means nothing. Their Marxist college professors told them.
edit on 17-2-2019 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ker2010

No its not, and id rather die than live under their Marxist rule.

Millions have.

Millions more will continue to do so.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government,laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

The left forgets that.

They think that in their rush to ultimate control over the United States that there will be no real pushback... that they can get a President in that will start the process of eliminating their political enemies and nobody will do anything.

So they keep pushing their base, enraging them daily in the hopes that something will happen and they can use the crisis to their benefit.

All they are eventually going to do is push one of their crazier members to commit an Archduke Ferdinand moment.

They forget a lot of things, historically.

I remember some things though.

I remember that I wrote a blank check a long time ago to protect America... from all enemies, foreign and domestic.

I remember a lot of other people did as well.

Like my Uncle did. When asked how he lost his arm overseas, he always replies "I didn't lose an arm. I gave one."

The left doesn't understand that depth of commitment to their country.

I also remember history, that the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it's natural manure.

The left is scared of this and calls it out every time they can, hoping to label us as traitors, insurrectionists, terrorists.

What they don't understand is that people such as you and I are not going to start the next civil war, if it comes to pass.

What we WILL do is finish it.

edit on 17-2-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari
a reply to: neo96

That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government,laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

The left forgets that.

They haven't forgotten. This is the reason why they want guns out of the hands of everyday citizens. Take away the second amendment and we're just villagers with pitchforks.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

I always hear this song when I think about that happening....

A song

You are correct, of course.

But how to DO that?....

Because it's logistically impossible to disarm this country now.

edit on 17-2-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Democrat leaders, hell even the republican politicians, don't care.

Next election?

They'll just steal it and openly cheat.

They don't care any longer and they won't allow someone like Trump back into the White House.

Banana Republic.

We're living it.

new topics

top topics

join