It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does The DNC Have Any Pro-American Domestic Policies?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: XAnarchistX

How do you figure?

This is da topic

Is there any thing pro-America about any Democrat?

what is "Pro America" can you really say that the Republicans, the Right and even Trump are "Pro America"?

This is whataboutism.

Whataboutism (also known as whataboutery) is a variant of the tu quoque logical fallacy that attempts to discredit an opponent's position by charging them with hypocrisy without directly refuting or disproving their argument,[1][2][3] which in the United States is particularly associated with Soviet and Russian propaganda

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Without speaking to their effectiveness, yes. Many democrats and liberals I know sincerely believe that reducing student debt and college costs, increasing health care access, investing in and improving anti poverty programs, and addressing racial and gender inequality are good, and pro American.

You can argue whether specific policy positions are effective or meet the stated goal, but that’s different than denying many legit believe they are supporting positive policies.
a reply to: Ahabstar

edit on 17-2-2019 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-2-2019 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Just looked up minimum wages in the states

www.thebalancecareers.com...

The current federal minimum wage is $7.25 per hour, and has not increased since July 2009. However, some states, cities, and counties have a higher minimum wage rate. When the state, city or county minimum wage rate is higher than the federal rate, employers are required to pay workers the higher amount.

Many states on the list in the article are closer to averaging around $10, but in some states to push it to $15 is doubling it.
Wages should go up yearly, to match the cost of living somewhat, so this type of thing isn’t an economic shock. Too much all at once....

Wages do need to go up though....

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234
I was going to answer but then I realized it's really just a rhetorical question, in that, you don't actually want an answer but just want an opportunity to deride Democrats. The previous posters have pretty much covered your expectations.

No, I think the real story is you tried to come up with one, realized you couldn’t and quickly decided to bash the right - because really that is the only thing all Democrats agree on.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14
Without speaking to their effectiveness, yes. May democrats and liberals I know sincerely believe that reducing student debt and college costs, increasing health care access, investing in and improving anti poverty programs, and addressing racial and gender inequality are good, and pro American.

You can argue whether specific policy positions are effective or meet the stated goal, but that’s different than denying many legit believe they are supporting positive policies.

Unfortunately their policy positions on everything you listed involves more government intervention.

Which will result in higher student debt and college costs, reduce health care access, put more people in poverty, reduce the workforce partition rate and eventually collapse our economy.

If they wanted to actually address gender and racial discrimination, for instance, the DNC should really push for getting rid of Affirmative Action.

But they won't because the Democrats are only in power because they use identity politics to stay in power.

So no... not Pro-American at all.

edit on 17-2-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Without speaking to their effectiveness, yes. May democrats and liberals I know sincerely believe that reducing student debt and college costs, increasing health care access, investing in and improving anti poverty programs, and addressing racial and gender inequality are good, and pro American.

Making healthcare or education paid by the government will accomplish one thing. Destroying our economy and causing the greatest depression in history. Ignoring the economics for a feel good story is not a positive it makes them dangerous simpletons.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Without speaking to their effectiveness, yes. May democrats and liberals I know sincerely believe that reducing student debt and college costs,

subsidizing college educations, which encourage students to vote democrat

increasing health care access,

a few people have benefited from Obamacare but its been a disaster for the majority. whole thing based on false pretense of 'keep your doctor' etc.

investing in and improving anti poverty programs,

dems have been 'fighting poverty' for decades and have made it worse. dems run cities and they are poverty traps. dems don't really want to end poverty, they want to bribe voters with crumbs.

and addressing racial and gender inequality are good, and pro American.

gender/race inequality are myths. the USA is not misogynist or racist but democrats must promote this to keep people angry and afraid so they can...vote democrat. and it gets peoples minds off real issues, like economic growth and border security.

all these policies benefit the democrat party, NOT the USA as a whole.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

Education. Thomas Jefferson wanted college to be free for all that were qualified. Qualified being that the education would not be squandered on non-scholars and arbitrary pursuits of study. A STEM education for sure. The compromise was public education would be free and post secondary education remain a business enterprise.

The majority of student loans were government issued loans. Debt relief could be achieved by simple elimination of interest on the loans. A simple and equitable solution, yet what is proposed is akin to a jubilee forgiving the debt entirely.

As for college costs: so long as Uncle Sugar is fronting the bill, there is no competitive advantage to colleges to reduce tuition costs and every incentive to continue raising them. Without guaranteed student loans in the mix, colleges would lowers prices or fold.

Anti-poverty programs... Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime. Problem here is we keep stealing his fish after making him pay a fee for a fishing license to the point he can’t afford to give any away on his own accord. And then have the the unmitigated gall to call him selfish to his face. So like the Amazon deal, if we can’t have all the fish you can GTFO and we will get no fish at all. And call it a victory for the poor. Maybe buy them some fish sticks if they get salty about it.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   
First, there may be leaders and lackies who do these things for ulterior motives, but a majority I know actually think the policies are good overall. I know a lot of liberals, and most of them are active politically or in a sphere relative to this convo.

Therefore, it’s inaccurate to state generally that “dems don’t want to solve poverty” for ex.

Yes Obamacare was/is a failure.

As far as your point about student debt and voting democrat, your connection there is a bit too declarative and certain.

While I feel uncomfortable with the extreme identity politics now, open borders, etc, it’s important to realize that until recently very few conservatives were publically talking about anti lobbying, citizens united, extreme income inequality, environmental issues and business ‘externalities.’ And so on.

Some of these I’m hearing more conservatives talking about, but you guys should realize there have been serious myopias on your side too.
a reply to: ElGoobero

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I will go a step farther and discuss the Marquis.

The colonists in the proclaimed DMZ as part of the peace accords between Cardassia and the Federation insisted against relocation due to the work invested in building their colonies. The Federation’s policy was peace at any cost and even Picard followed dogma when he acknowledged the conversion of a science outpost into a military depot on the sly but didn’t force the issue.

This level of appeasements rivaled those of Neville Chamberlain prior to WW2. The French Resistance was in actuality comprised of small cells calling themselves the Marquis that fought both the Germans and the Vichy regime that collaborated with them because they had decided by 1940 that “resistance is futile” Which is why the greater movement of the Marquis was called the Resistance.

Now you know the #resist movement of today and their connections to history...and I guess Star Trek.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 05:10 PM
link   
The modern "DNC", are not the "Democrat", of JFK's time. They're nothing more than an "infiltration"... I'll let you figure out, the "educated place",... you'll die. ... Just don't die cheap!

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Now you know the #resist movement of today and their connections to history...and I guess Star Trek.

Yeah.

It's why I can't stand to watch Star Trek Discovery.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Even the "Democrat" of of J.F.K's. time had a moral "Standard". And it was based on a moral standard.
Modern "Dems", would have a hard time convincing "modern" Dems, to be "libs"..Just saying.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

My thought is that if it was any good, it would be on regular TV or at least a secondary digital broadcast channel.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   
San Francisco hasn't had a Republican in office in decades.
Even for California standards it's bad;
Highest rents, taxes, most needles and human feces on the streets.
They're broke but keep pushing up their annual budget to $11 billion this year alone.
Of that 250 million goes to homeless programs.
Welcome to another sanctuary city.
Sanctuary for not just illegal aliens but people who have no business running governments.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Straight from Democrat headquarters, here is their platform for making America truly great!

Our Platform: democrats.org...

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Detroit has had nothing but Democrat mayors since 1962
Chicago since 1931
San Francisco since 1964

I could go on but I have to point out Seattle, which has been independents or third party members since 1911 or so they say.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Read it...hence the thread.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   

The correlation between Democrat rule and the decline of once-great American cities is obvious.
Somehow this seems lost on today's voters who keep repeating the same thing expecting different results.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Without speaking to their effectiveness, yes. Many democrats and liberals I know sincerely believe that reducing student debt and college costs, increasing health care access, investing in and improving anti poverty programs, and addressing racial and gender inequality are good, and pro American.

What you said here is true, to the extent that democrats believe the policies you mentioned are good government. But they'd be good for Paraguay, good for Greece, good for Venezuela.

But none of those democrat "good ideas" are intended to make America stronger or its citizens more wealthy, free or good than they are directed at any of the world's peoples.

all of the democrat policies (if they worked) would build a stronger one-world government. Hardly "pro-American." Other than how democrats always know what is best for everyone.

I want policies that make me freer to do my own thing baby.

Right now the democrats are even worse at it than the republicans.

#ing statists.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join