It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Medicare for All would require 'Fat' laws.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Yep, I hear you loud and clear. But when my tax dollars are forcefully taken from me for YOUR care, shouldn't I have a say in anything? I hope I never have that responsibility. I am not asking for it and I would be immensely disappointed to have it.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

damnit, now I want a ribeye!

link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Our meat prices did go down, when the meat producers decided that there was a war on meats and dairy with our new plant based food guide...

I’ve also seen a 3 pound roast for $95 drop to half that price. It might have been special beef, but still 😳
I can make cheap meat very tasty, and, as well, bacon has gotten cheaper 👍🏻

No taxes on real food. Just high prices on whatever is deemed healthy at the moment. Price gouging at its worst.

link   
a reply to: neo96

Sure love to see Michael Moores reaction to being told wut to eat.

Or the President.... you know he was declared obese?

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

$95 for a roast? where do you live, Hawaii? Im going out to buy a 3lb chuck roast as my wife and daughter have been begging for my pot roast...I wont be paying more than 15 bucks for near 3lbs and a sweet marbley eye beggin to be pressire cooked with some taters and carrots.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Fat or not...you are being fed bad arithmetic.

With universal coverage, people are more likely to receive regular primary care, helping to better manage chronic illnesses like heart disease. Doctors are also more likely to catch illnesses like cancer before they spiral out of control.

Unsurprisingly, countries with single-payer systems surpass the US in nearly every health category, including life expectancy and mortality reduction, despite spending far less on health care than we do.

jacobinmag.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Some type of Alberta beef, lol. I can find most types cheaper, but roasts are still pricy. Now I buy whatever’s on sale, beef roasts at the store close to me are stupidly expensive.

I can usually find a roast cheaper at stores further away, normal is around $25 to $40.
Food is pricy up here, that’s why so many Cdns that live close to the border grocery shop in the States.

All this talk of food, now I’m craving a bacon cheeseburger

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   
As with most things today, it is all about respect. Respect for our government, kids, peoples of the world and the planet in general, is in turmoil. One place to start back on the right track, is having respect for yourself.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky
a reply to: schuyler

Yep, I hear you loud and clear. But when my tax dollars are forcefully taken from me for YOUR care, shouldn't I have a say in anything? I hope I never have that responsibility. I am not asking for it and I would be immensely disappointed to have it.

You can say that about anything, though. Pick an issue. What about MY tax dollars? I'm guessing that I could find something you get that is supported by my tax dollars that I am against. It's a very small step from where you are at right now to saying I must be vegan because Booker says I need to be to save the planet because cow farts. Sorry, but you can't do that. The "my tax dollar" argument is a vote for totalitarianism.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I study food chemistry quite a bit. I have looked at things like hamburgers and frenchfries. Although the bun on the burger may be problematic, and the meat slime a little, most times the hamburger sold in many fast food joints is not a problem. The DATEM can cause digestive issues from the bun and the chemical something like azodicarbonamide is not very good either. These two things are put there to extend the life of the bread, remember, if bacteria and fungus cannot eat it, then we probably are harmed too because we also have mitochondria which can be effected.

Now the chicken nuggets and breaded patties, they contain varying chemistries that are not good for people. I would say that the burgers were less problematic, Tacos are highly processed foods too. Skip the ketchup on the burger if you have problems with histamines. Many of the fries have a spice on them that contains chemistry that can effect us negatively too. So going to a restaurant that has home fries or not so alluring frozen fries might be best, The chemistry added to attract us on those fries disrupts our minds ability to properly identify health threats some times.

I can't even begin to check out the fifty thousand chemicals now allowed to be used in the food industry in the USA, combining chemistries is not usually done by the FDA, so consuming two or three of these chemicals in the same meal could lead to all sorts of issues. From looking at the FDA site and how they evaluate new chemistries, I have to admit it turns my stomach. What the hell do we pay these people for, they don't even check out these new chemistries before allowing them. They are busy with inspectors inspecting things in factories which is good, but they should not allow new food chemistries without investigating them themselves. As if they do a good job at factories, how many years were peanuts out of that one big factory poisoning people and falsifying reports. The FDA did not find out about it till someone started to see a pattern outside of the FDA. I am thinking we need to redo the FDA and make it a good organization to watch over our American citizens again...or should I say finally look to the best interests of our people.

No other nation allows that many added food chemicals in their foods without investigating them anymore. They have socialized medicine and found how to keep their medical expenses down, our government agencies seem to want us sick to promote business and medicine needs by the population.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I went to the doctors and he said about my weight " eat nothing fatty". I replies "what? Like bacon and fries"? He said "no eat nothing, Fatty".

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   

hah! Dang I had no idea how expesive canadian beef is!

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
I went to the doctors and he said about my weight " eat nothing fatty". I replies "what? Like bacon and fries"? He said "no eat nothing, Fatty".

He actually said eat nothing....fatty. So he called you a fatty, I suppose I would rather be called fat than obese, the way people say obese, it sounds like it is snobby....Think of it, say obese, it actually cannot sound Unsnobby.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

And that is another good point. Does our medical establishment actually understand what is healthy for us? What if their theories actually make things worse? Then you add in their benevolent pharmaceuticals they believe will help you. I guess if their motivation were profits and their own bottom line, the advice they give makes complete sense.

I don't see how anyone supports free health care with the possibilities of people putting their noses into your own personal business. Wouldn't it be better if you kept the government and busybodies out of your life?

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

Yep.... I am normal on the BMI, smack in the middle but people call me skinny.
A friend of mine went to the doctors and she was told she is obese (on BMI)..... she was so angry as she told me...... absolutely furious about the doctor and how he dare call her obese.
She likes to be bigger because she feels her boobs are too small when she has less weight on her.

When I was younger and I heard the word obese, or people being called obese, I thought they were being called "a beast", like "that person over there is a beast"

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07
a reply to: neo96

Or the President.... you know he was declared obese?

Not likely seeing as he doesn't expect others to fit the bill for his fat ass. Which makes me wonder how much skin you really got in this game...

If you catch my drift.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Lot of fat politicians out there.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Yep!

See Abrahms,Waters,Clinton.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Ahhhh, a sweet fat hate party thinly veiled as a thread. You know, those darn blacks are a hazard to my health, just look at all the murders they commit everyday.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: ClovenSky

I consider myself a food nazi. I try to educate others on maintaining this mortal shell. But that is as far as I will ever go. But if you expect me to pick up the tab for your unhealthy a#, there had better be some stipulations first.

And THAT is precisely how we get a totalitarian state. YOU telling ME how to live. It's not just food. Pick a subject and you get the same attitude.

We have a Family member like that. No one will be around her anymore, but she is just an adrenaline junky and it has made her a very different person.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join