It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Medicare for All would require 'Fat' laws.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Fat Laws.

How do you figure in people who have medical issues that make them fat?

Can it be a bi-partisan law so we can argue over it....like, "I promise to add 40 pounds extra to the fat law so you can eat more."

Who sets the standard? The government or any agency linked the government should not set the standard.

What if I am only 1 pound of the fat law but I just had a glass of water before my yearly weigh in?

What about pregnant women? Surely their will be standards for weight gain when pregnant.

Would politicians be exempt for the fat law?

Would you make the yearly weigh in be some December 31st every year? That way you can eat like hell Jan-Oct and then go on a diet November and December? Or do you record a yearly average so that you can't cheat the system?

What if I lose and arm or a leg or an organ? Will the amount I have to weigh be prorated?

So many questions.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheTruthRocks
You never hear about a person being "thin shamed."

Girl, you let a knife and a fork dig your grave:

www.youtube.com...

Yes, there is skinny shaming. When you’re walking down the street, and some old guy tells you to go eat a burger. I remember an old guy ( I was 15, decades ago) handing me a five dollar bill to go eat. People tease skinny people relentlessly, just for having a high metabolism. And they get mean at times too. It’s weird.
Stayed skinny until I was 40, then blossomed.

That said, I remember going to the states years ago, and there were huge, fat women everywhere. It was almost frightening, there were so many. Just across the border in Washington state.

The more fatness becomes normal, the more fat people there will be, other than the people with high metabolisms. Or fitness freaks.

Not sure why some people seem to want to be fat. 🤔
It’s so unhealthy.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

Yep.... I am normal on the BMI, smack in the middle but people call me skinny.
A friend of mine went to the doctors and she was told she is obese (on BMI)..... she was so angry as she told me...... absolutely furious about the doctor and how he dare call her obese.
She likes to be bigger because she feels her boobs are too small when she has less weight on her.
edit on 17-2-2019 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: wdkirk

Logic would dictate that it would be in the form of a sugary drink or fast food tax, rather than an actual overweight tax.

But obviously the rwnj's will keep referring to this mythical 'fat tax'...They do love their over the top rhetoric and propaganda.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
I'm not as pc as the article that is sourced for this topic, and quite a bit is on the record this is where we are headed. It began sometime ago with Bloomberg, and big gulps, fast food has greatly changed in a few short decades. Real 'murican fast food has gone the way of the dinosaur. We saw it with school lunches from the last first lady.

We're seeing it now from Booker,AOC's Green Snip deal, and now medicare for all that destroys an entire industry, and if it's one thing food nazis are good at,it's destroying things.

Proponents of "Medicare for All" often point towards European nations with universal healthcare systems to prove that single-payer could work here. The global ramifications of inevitably immolating our medical research and development aside, there's just one, massive elephant in the room that progressives love to ignore: obesity.

Ich bin ein food nazis seig heil

And if you think this is hyperbole,it's not.

Your already being told what to think, your already being censored. Thought/speech/sustenance. The next iteration.

Now coming to a wallet near you.

FAT LAWS.

I pray Trump wins in 2020. Because what the left wing platform looks like, sounds like. I wouldn't even feed my dog with.

I retort.

You decide.

I'm off to have a burger and fries.

You got it wrong...

You need fat and unhealthy people to die off sooner so the financial numbers work. A big problem with healthcare now is that it is too effective. People that would have died years or decades ago are still living because our healthcare system can keep them alive. Unfortunately, this is also where most of the cost burden is in the system - caring for the elderly who need continual and expense medical treatments.

This is one of the reasons social security is broke. People are living way longer than anticipated when the program was initially started. Most people died in their 60s back in the day, now you have people regularly living into their 80s so they are drawing way more retirement benefits. The system initially was designed to support the small number of people who did live longer than usual.

What will happen is that the bureaucrats will come up with some sort of dystopian lifetime value rating. For example, if you are say 75 years old and need a knee replacement, they will say it isn't worth the costs because you don't really have a lot of time left and won't really benefit from it. You will still be old and decrepit... new knee or not. However, if say you are 35, they might pay for it.

In an odd way, the system would actually need to encourage people to smoke, drink, and do drugs so they can die off quicker and not overload the system.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Logic would dictate that it would be in the form of a sugary drink or fast food tax, rather than an actual overweight tax.

But obviously the rwnj's will keep referring to this mythical 'fat tax'...They do love their over the top rhetoric and propaganda.

McDonald's Tax.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   

You make some really good points. Maybe the best thing we could ever do is not go the path of socialized health care. If everyone took care of themselves and accepted responsibility for their actions, including sickness and death, we will never need to find out how bad this road would be.

If we can just sit back and watch the UK for a little longer, it will become obvious what the final result is. I was just reading an article today on how much longer the wait times are and the increasing amount of people that are dying while waiting for care.

www.dailymail.co.uk... h-rates-times-higher-US.html

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Like for example, how cheap cigarettes and alcohol are in America, compared to Australia... Government taxes on these items are becoming so high over here, that soon you'll damn near have to be a millionaire to be able to afford them.

Canada is like that too. I can’t understand how people can still afford cigarettes, but many are quitting, plus there are so many places that are “no smoking allowed”, and now that we have cannabis in the mix, cops will pester you if they see you lighting up anything in public....

They haven’t got the food prices proper yet though - salads, veggies, cost too much, and now that our new food guide says to eat more of a plant based diet, meat prices have come down, and veggie prices went up again...

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Medical errors is the third highest cause of death in America.
So I don't believe that healthcare is too effective.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
a reply to: Edumakated

Medical errors is the third highest cause of death in America.
So I don't believe that healthcare is too effective.

Look how long people are living with diseases and ailments that would have killed them a generation ago...

For example, HIV isn't the death sentence it used to be. People live with diabetes. Cancers.

My point is that the longer people live, particularly, with issues that require constant healthcare maintenance/drugs, the harder it will be for the system to support it.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

damnit, now I want a cheeseburger

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

FAT LAWS.

I pray Trump wins in 2020. Because what the left wing platform looks like, sounds like. I wouldn't even feed my dog with.

I retort.

You decide.

I'm off to have a burger and fries.

People are already complaining why should they pay into something if others have unhealthy habits that lead to medical costs based on those habits. We will see the narrative of if people live an unhealthy life style let them die and get them out of the system.

Its funny that the left want freedoms and individuality but they don't seem to understand that in a full social system people just become numbers and statistics and something like a 5% die off is acceptable.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky
ummm, definitely to each their own. If you want to eat yourself into an early grave with severe bodily issues before you go, all the more power to you.

But is there not truth that obesity has consequences? If there is any way in hell for socialized medicine to ever work, which I am 100% against, we will have to start being honest with ourselves.

I consider myself a food nazi. I try to educate others on maintaining this mortal shell. But that is as far as I will ever go. But if you expect me to pick up the tab for your unhealthy a#, there had better be some stipulations first.

Sure food can lead people down an unhealthy path, but so can a lot of other things. Alcohol, smoking, drugs, being lazy.
We like to pick on food, but some of those other things are just as bad. To agree with your point I'm 100% against socialized medicine, it is the absolute worst.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

In an odd way, the system would actually need to encourage people to smoke, drink, and do drugs so they can die off quicker and not overload the system.

Maybe it will be the drugs they will be told to take by the system that will ease the system......
Putting toxins into the body to cure a symptom does not make the body healthy.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

originally posted by: Edumakated

Maybe it will be the drugs they will be told to take by the system that will ease the system......
Putting toxins into the body to cure a symptom does not make the body healthy.

Dunno. I just know once the data starts pouring in and they see that 80% of the costs are incurred by 10% of the people in the last few years of their life, they will be looking for ways to fix it and the only way to fix it is to just say spending the money on you isn't worth it and send them out to pasture so to speak.

Remember when Obamacare was being debated and a big part of it was "end of life counseling" aka death panels?

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I just realized.....people say that Canada’s healthcare system is socialized, yet the American system has socialized food stamp programs...

I think I’d rather have the healthcare

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Sure food can lead people down an unhealthy path, but so can a lot of other things. Alcohol, smoking, drugs, being lazy.
We like to pick on food, but some of those other things are just as bad. To agree with your point I'm 100% against socialized medicine, it is the absolute worst.

I can see a point where you are 20 pounds over weight and so you go to the store and have a bag of Oreos and when it is scanned at the registrar you are denied buying them. You then need to go to the black market and pay 10 times the cost for your Oreo fix, but if you get caught with them it is a big fine...

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

That’s what Canada does. Tax on fast foods, soda pops, chocolate bars, etc.
No one cares about the extra five percent. If you’re craving chocolate, you just get the chocolate.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit

That’s what Canada does. Tax on fast foods, soda pops, chocolate bars, etc.
No one cares about the extra five percent. If you’re craving chocolate, you just get the chocolate.

Its called tax the poor, I eat rib eye with all the fat and no tax

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky

I consider myself a food nazi. I try to educate others on maintaining this mortal shell. But that is as far as I will ever go. But if you expect me to pick up the tab for your unhealthy a#, there had better be some stipulations first.

And THAT is precisely how we get a totalitarian state. YOU telling ME how to live. It's not just food. Pick a subject and you get the same attitude.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join