It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Medicare for All would require 'Fat' laws.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I'm not as pc as the article that is sourced for this topic, and quite a bit is on the record this is where we are headed. It began sometime ago with Bloomberg, and big gulps, fast food has greatly changed in a few short decades. Real 'murican fast food has gone the way of the dinosaur. We saw it with school lunches from the last first lady.

We're seeing it now from Booker,AOC's Green Snip deal, and now medicare for all that destroys an entire industry, and if it's one thing food nazis are good at,it's destroying things.

Proponents of "Medicare for All" often point towards European nations with universal healthcare systems to prove that single-payer could work here. The global ramifications of inevitably immolating our medical research and development aside, there's just one, massive elephant in the room that progressives love to ignore: obesity.

Ich bin ein food nazis seig heil

And if you think this is hyperbole,it's not.

Your already being told what to think, your already being censored. Thought/speech/sustenance. The next iteration.

Now coming to a wallet near you.

FAT LAWS.

I pray Trump wins in 2020. Because what the left wing platform looks like, sounds like. I wouldn't even feed my dog with.

I retort.

You decide.

I'm off to have a burger and fries.

edit on 17-2-2019 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   
They've been so busy sucking the air out of the room with "body positivity", which was never meant for fat people, that they now have to contend with the costs of obesity in their precious plans.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Welp. . . . . I'm screwed.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Me too.

I need to drop 30.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   
ummm, definitely to each their own. If you want to eat yourself into an early grave with severe bodily issues before you go, all the more power to you.

But is there not truth that obesity has consequences? If there is any way in hell for socialized medicine to ever work, which I am 100% against, we will have to start being honest with ourselves.

I consider myself a food nazi. I try to educate others on maintaining this mortal shell. But that is as far as I will ever go. But if you expect me to pick up the tab for your unhealthy a#, there had better be some stipulations first.
edit on 17-2-2019 by ClovenSky because: moral=mortal

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   
We don't.

That's what PRIVATE health insurance is for.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   

agreed, it wasn't directed at you. It was in frustration of those who want socially provided health care but want none of the responsibilities of taking care of themselves.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky
ummm, definitely to each their own. If you want to eat yourself into an early grave with severe bodily issues before you go, all the more power to you.

But is there not truth that obesity has consequences? If there is any way in hell for socialized medicine to ever work, which I am 100% against, we will have to start being honest with ourselves.

I consider myself a food nazi. I try to educate others on maintaining this mortal shell. But that is as far as I will ever go. But if you expect me to pick up the tab for your unhealthy a#, there had better be some stipulations first.

That's why socialized medicine is anti-freedom.

I'd have "healthy" people like you telling me what to eat, when to eat, what not to eat, how I eat, what to drink, what not to drink.

And it'd probably include crap like kale.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Fat acceptance is among the most ridiculous of "rights" movements. Being fat is, in about 99% of cases, incredibly bad for you and unhealthy. Your doctor isn't being hateful when he tells yo you're too fat and need to lose weight. He's probably trying to stop you from losing your foot.

Body positivity is for people with severe injuries or deformities, and like most issues with the left which started as quite noble in their intentions was hijacked by hateful nutcases.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Very probable. Kind of funny that if that were to ever happen, my lifespan would be shortened considerably, and not because of how I eat.

I hope that socialized medicine never comes around here, I would be my own worst enemy. I wouldn't be able to stop myself....stupid convictions.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Body positivity is for people with severe injuries or deformities, and like most issues with the left which started as quite noble in their intentions was hijacked by hateful nutcases.

This is precisely what I was saying.

Only now it has been made a mainstream thing and we all now have to accept obesity as the norm and even be attracted to it lest we be labeled "haters".

There's a whole generation of people who are eating themselves to death, are ignoring or even celebrating mental illness, and they're making their generation sexually unavailable. In 20-30 years there will be this gap in the population where this generation had once lived.

EDIT:

This is not to say that I believe these people will live another 20-30 years. I give them 5 to 10 at most.
edit on 17 2 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   

That's the whole point, it's a way of using each other to force better choices on each other. The first thing that will happen is it will initially be subsidized under the table and propped up to look cheap then they will bring out what vices and caused ailments are skyrocketing the prices so the taxpayer will force better health in each other subsequently infringing on individuals rights of choice. My body my choice be damned I promise you, it's literally the same thing that has been playing out since the inception of societies and civilizations. We cannot maintain the path we are on everyone realizes this.

It's been my contention for a while the world players are propping up socialized healthcare around the world and falsifying it by reallocating funds from other sectors, namely defense. We the paragon of perceived freedom in the U.S. holding out had really upset their plans. We will first have it in natiolized from, but the bigger pool and universal will inevitably form a new union of world powers. This will be to supposedly reduce price and produce better care, it will not. It will provide funding for third world nations for healthcare, it will also form an international data field of everyone's medical chart. The election of Trump over Hillary was not supposed to happen, enter the attempts by foreign nations to interfere and the overwhelming hate displayed at our choice. They can only hold out for so long, the attempts in the next election will be exponentially greater.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   
You never hear about a person being "thin shamed."

Girl, you let a knife and a fork dig your grave:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   

From your linked article

In a private healthcare system, premiums account for individual health statuses, but within a voluntary risk pool, providers don't place many heavy demands on lifestyle choices. If you're paying for yourself, you have the right to live as you please. But the moment the public has a stake in your healthcare, it has a stake in your health.

I've actually kind of found that to be true in some instances.

Like for example, how cheap cigarettes and alcohol are in America, compared to Australia... Government taxes on these items are becoming so high over here, that soon you'll damn near have to be a millionaire to be able to afford them.

They can justify it too, cause the health risks associated with these items cause you to eventually become a financial burden to the universal healthcare system.

Kind of sucks for me, cause I really like beer and really wish I didn't have to pay so much for it.

Still though, seems like a small price to pay to not ever have to worry about being able to afford to see a doctor, if needed... Or knowing that no one ever has to go bankrupt, because of a relatively simple life saving medical procedure.

edit on 17-2-2019 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Just to brag and annoy you people further, I have got about half of my department interesting and trying out the keto/paleo diet now. Surprisingly it is the younger people who are the most interested and willing. I don't know why it is such a bad idea, I have received some very angry responses before. In fact, one of the coworkers trying it made me promise I wouldn't tell anyone else. Weird.
edit on 17-2-2019 by ClovenSky because: sentence structure

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 10:10 AM
link   

You make a good point here.
How does the left push a healthy lifestyle in the name of universal healthcare and still maintain that Amy shumer is attractive being fat?

Those goals contradict themselves..

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Sure love to see Michael Moores reaction to being told wut to eat.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

You make a good point here.
How does the left push a healthy lifestyle in the name of universal healthcare and still maintain that Amy shumer is attractive being fat?

Those goals contradict themselves..

Being fat does not equate to being unattractive (bias). They could never enact fat laws because people on a junk food diet are also risking their health - gotta be fair.
edit on 02CST10America/Chicago018101028 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Fat, smoke, drink, those things should be encouraged, if you’re unhealthy, you die sooner and use fewer recourses.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Such a good subject.

There is a netflix series called botched up bodies.
It talks exactly about this subject. It takes place in the UK>

A lot of people get the lap band for weight loss on the NHS (UK's national health)

The lap band works great and they lose a lot of weight, for health purposes. Then what happens is that
people are left with so much skin it is equally as debilitating. The NHS sees that as cosmetic (sometimes it is, sometimes it's not) What it leads to is uncharted territory when it comes to health.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join