It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odysseus - Myth, Sacrifice and Cunning

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Slichter

Can't snatch the cunning hero from Penelope without Zeus being mad about it!

Phage was talking about dissecting mousie brains to examine the hippocampus evidence.

...which suggests a lack of a-priori trust, as in 'unrelated to experiences and independent from perception'? Now I get it, eventually.

Wait. Do I?

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Slichter
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Individuation, identity and subjectivity are among the excursus’s primary concerns.

Phage was explaining this in another thread has to do with "A-priori trust".
Skeptical mind might start with an "if".
Tea time?

Think I've got your drift now.

You're saying the critical method is all about not trusting anyone a-priori, and I'd agree with you there. I posted this excursus because it's a very good representation of an elemental part in the book, which is an excellent critique of the prevailing paradigm.

That's my opinion, obviously. But I'd be happy to debate all sorts of criticism you have in mind. Maybe I'll even change my opinion when you make a good point, who knows?

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

"This failure to imagine a better world".

Have a mindblowing interview with Adam Curtis on Chapo Trap House, starts about 7:30 in the clip. He's pretty much on point if you ask me.

We got to interview one of Will’s favorite filmmakers Adam Curtis about his new movie HyperNormalisation. We talk about Trump, the curse of bloodless liberalism, science fiction, Escape From New York, living in the Zone, and tough medicine for the left. Adam was extremely nice and is now Chapo UK correspondent.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join