It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Anyone Notice?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   
We all know the news tells us information about the world and current events related to an area were your living. If this is true why does it seem that the news I watch (CNN) tend to work in this pattern of telling us exactly what we need to hear to continue this war(U.S and Iraq, Iran and Syria) like if theres not much talk on explosions they keep trying to make you feel concerned by bring home land security issues up or the possiblity of the enemy having WMD. I think its a vicious circle and everytime the American Army Moves on to another battle it seems before they go do whatever they do in a battle somthing blows up in Isreal.

Its kinda trippy

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Id say the news sources are just trying to sell and get ratings. Propaganda also could be the reason. Also no one likes war. Regardless of what people say (And no I didnt vote for him but w/e hes our prez deal with it) Bush doesnt like war. I seriously doubt that bush whimsically dances about happy as can be that troops are getting killed. Also id just like to say that yes money controls everything. Its been like that for oh about the past few centuries...

But who knows maybe Bush is a satanist, bent on nothing less than sucking the world dry of all its oil and then taking off in his space ship full of lizard people to nebulon 554...WHOA there partner calm down i was jk dont go researching for nothing

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I understand what ur saying, but i just think the series of events happening could of been perdicted, its too wierd how everything seems to fall in perfect order of gettin means done in the middle east

why dont they tell us and explain each and everybattle the americans send there soilders into because every U.S death over there is very un detailed

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I guess I didn't see it before, but I switched on CNN and at the bottom was the title "Attack on Syria". Of course it was figurative, meaning we're accusing them of harbouring terrorists, but this subtle hint I think was to prepare us in seeing "Attack on Syria" in the future. In order words, I think they have a way of 'preparing the minds' of people for events that could occur to make them sound like geniuses. "SEE! We told you there would be an Attack!" if right and "Oh no, we were speaking figuratively" if not. It's very annoying I think.

Also, topic choice has much to be desired. I want a real, full coverage update on the Tsunami. 200,000+ people! Let me say that again: 200,000+ people
. I'm sorry, I don't care about the drug dealer that got shot downtown after saying that.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I used to work at a TV News Station. You'd be amazed how many stories they search through to get the half dozen or so they mention in the News Hour. If the stories aren't sensational enough they simply skip them. Also if a reporter wants to go out and research a topic for a special first off the story needs to be approved by the Assignment Editor and the News Director and they have to have a certian level of seniority in the News Team.

There are certain agendas that the broadcast agency, the owners of the Station, tries to get out to the public as well. The General Manager and News Director ensure that these topics get air time while any other news stories are never heard.

Phae

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Soul - Emotional damage to loved ones? I dont know about you but if i had a son and he died i would not want to know that he was tortured and beated to death over a five day period. Tell me he did as a hero. IMO at least : )

Saint - I agree forget the little man lets get to what really matters 200,000 wow. : \ The death of one man is a tragedy. The death of 10,000 is a statistic. now thats the god awful truth.

News agencys have to worry about time frames and resources. so of course only so many storys are going to make it. Unfortunatly when its only a few peoples jobs to decided what makes it and what doesnt theres going to be some bias. But thats how the world turns. theres only so many hours in a day. If anything we need more news agencys covering differnt things. cnn can cover iraq msnbx can take korea china and russia or something like that. spread it out so we dont flip the channel to see the same storys with differnt reporters.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   
We're saying News and Media is a conspiracy, but since it's not a slam on Christians, talk about UFO's, NWO, Masons, or ghosts it's 'below top secret'?

Thanks for the support Civil and thanks to Phae for the insider's look, much appreciated.

Oh well...now for the cool spinning emote -

[edit on 2-3-2005 by saint4God]

join