It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams about the deceased

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 05:46 AM
link   
My Father passed away about 6 months ago, it was cancer while I looked after him. Anyway, I have not had any dead people show up in my dreams before, that I recall. Lately I have had dad show up a few times, he does look a lot better and not his bitter decrepit self that comes with all the baggage of dying.

A few nights ago I finally spoke to him and asked if his back still hurt now that he is dead.He had nothing to say on that and left, so I guess I will take that as a no.

This whole spirit stuff is in the gray zone for me. Is is just me reprocessing things? Is he still watching over me? I have a truck load of unresolved crap, but he is gone so I don't expect any further resolution in that area, just need to get on with my own stuff.

Does anyone one have antidotal stories of dreams with close family members they are willing to share? Stories from beyond the grave maybe, influences in being, heads up or whatever?

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

I have a truck load of unresolved crap,

There's your answer as to why. Grief/unresolved issues.

My sh**bag of a father died in '05 and I had a few dreams about him, but not because I missed him, but because I would never know why he treated my sister and I the way he did.
I went to the funeral because my Mom asked me to, I flatly refused to be a pallbearer and besides the day we buried his sorry ass, I've never been back to his grave.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I have quite a few stories...just now upon waking in fact...but I'm gonna wait a bit and watch your thread evolve here.

Here's some food for thought.

I believe wholeheartedly our passed loved ones come to us in dreams.

1. Dreams are our minds way of dealing w the stresses of our daily existence.
2. One person's dreams, are another person's reality.
3. At times, quite often...I've awoken crying because of my deceased parents or friends.
4. Sometimes, I try to get back to my dreams to continue them, successfully at times, not so much on average...and that can make me sad. I've also awoke angry, depending on what's in them.
5. It's been said our dreams are reality...and our everyday wakefullness is really the dream.
6. We are all part of someone elses dreams...when they awake...that's when we die.

I saw this thread minutes after waking from the same interactions last night.

Some advice? Especially regarding loved ones? Pay attention.

Maybe make a journal...maybe think of questions to ask for the next time...and yes, yes, yes...I believe one can "program" one's dreams.

I will be following your thread...but for me to continue here and now....I'd need my own thread, forum and book.*

God Bless, good luck and sweet dreams.

M.S. /"Sensitive"
*I have written a book touching on this...but to post would divulge too much personal info...so I won't.
edit on 17-2-2019 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev
My Father passed away about 6 months ago, it was cancer while I looked after him. Anyway, I have not had any dead people show up in my dreams before, that I recall. Lately I have had dad show up a few times, he does look a lot better and not his bitter decrepit self that comes with all the baggage of dying.

A few nights ago I finally spoke to him and asked if his back still hurt now that he is dead.He had nothing to say on that and left, so I guess I will take that as a no.

This whole spirit stuff is in the gray zone for me. Is is just me reprocessing things? Is he still watching over me? I have a truck load of unresolved crap, but he is gone so I don't expect any further resolution in that area, just need to get on with my own stuff.

Does anyone one have antidotal stories of dreams with close family members they are willing to share? Stories from beyond the grave maybe, influences in being, heads up or whatever?

I certainly do, lost my Dad to pancreatic cancer 4/5/15. It was a long battle moved back in with him and Mom to help. Now that's the facts and here's the conjecture. I had a few dreams and like you see him back when he was healthy and vibrant. But mostly I just catch a fleeting glimpse of him, where I know it's Dad by his silhouette but I do not really see details, on rare occasions I can hear him talk but when I try and talk with him, he goes away.

My dad was a great Dad, but think there is always unresolved parts in parent kid relationships. It was no different with me and my brother and sisters. We all were very close, all worked together for 30 years with Dad and Mom and will still have things pop up where we are like WTH Dad. Now here's the weird part, LSS we had this pest control guy stop by the house I was there by myself. Anyway let him in and he went about doing his stuff. Well about 30 minutes later he comes to me and says can we talk, he asks who is the guy in the picture in Dads office. I tell him its my Dad and the brief back story. He says he is a first nation member and practicing shaman, says there is a lot of negative energy in the office and house in general.

Now I don't believe this stuff but he listens to more of the story and we go in the office he asks to do this smoke ritual thing with feathers and a crystal. Now I'm skeptical as hell but let him proceed, well the smoke billows out and collects in generally one corner. Back story Dad used to smoke all the time in his office and the smoke never went to that corner no AC was on nor were there any open windows when it collected in the corner. About 6 months after Dad passed early in the morning passed his office going to the bathroom, you could smell cigarette smoke like he was in there smoking away, I dont smoke nor does my Mom and the office had been cleaned and aired out thoroughly. But it was pungent enough that I said Dad?

Now so the pest control/shaman asks what's upstairs and tell him that is dad and mom's bedroom. So we go up there and he asks if he can do the smoke thing in here.I say okay now the smoke billows out, collects in the same corner from down stairs it's getting kind of thick and the guy says do you see it, and in the smoke there is what looks like a half silhouette of my dad's face, of course i tell him, them ask did he see it and he says yes points right to where it was and even describes which side of the profile it was etc.

Later about 3 months the pest guy returns and says the negative energy is gone, and it full of nothing but love and light, he says my Dad is good and is like everything will be okay but has a half laughing I'm sorry vibe. We found out after he passed some strange things we didn't expect, as his life insurance policy had lapsed years ago. etc. etc.

Mostly think its pure projection on my part, cause I miss him so, but all of the above did happen. I have no adequate answer for the heavy cigarette smell early in the morning that was non-existent earlier. Just dreamed of him the other night could hear him talking but couldn't get the words.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Im sorry for your loss.

So, my father passed from cancer last October. He had been a heavy smoker (Lucky Strikes) and a heavy drinker.

I cant say I had a dream, but up until a couple weeks ago, I was suffering from olfactory hallucinations/phantom smells, a few times a day. The smells was/ is cigarette smells.

The odor would be so heavy, I would cough and the back of my throat would actually be irritated. Its mostly over now, but I made some drastic ĺife changes during the process.

I have convinced myself the ol fella was insisting I change my ways in order to not die in the same fashion as he did.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   

How funny... I was dreaming about my dad when I woke this morning... But I wouldn't say it was the type of dream you are talking about. I think this one was all me.

But I did once have a dream about my grandmother which I think is more what you are talking about. It was a few years after she had passed, and I was feeling very guilty about some things I had not done that I should have. After a few days of this, I dreamed that I was in a crowd and as I made my way through, I saw my grandmother. It was very lucid -- i.e., all of my senses were engaged. I could not only see her and every beautiful wrinkle on her face, but I could feel her and smell her (Evening in Paris perfume). And the way I heard her was as if her voice was coming from within me, rather than outside of me. She told me she loved me and she was proud of me and there was nothing to forgive. She hugged me and I felt it -- her arms around me, the pressure of her arms, etc. Even today, almost 30 years later, that dream feels like a memory of an actual event, not a memory of a dream.

That's how I differentiate between dreams that are all me... and "dreams" that are more. If it feels like a dream, it's just a dream. If it feels real, then it's probably more than a dream.
edit on 17-2-2019 by Boadicea because: spelling: "even" to "event"

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I think the Shaman/pest control guy should have alerted you that the very vivid recollection and reenactment of tobacco smoke made by your deceased Father...was important...
in that a gateway might be made using that long ago created, neural network pathway you yourself created
(then vividly recollected) about your deceased Father-who-smoked...

the coded message, to seek such a gateway, was the unintelligible words your dream Father spoke...

It took that dream message, then the 3 months interlude, then the ATS thread in which you posted your story, to eventually get this message from this ATS member....

talk about 6 degrees-of-separation/ Butterfly Effect ->> well, here it Is in operation

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Having lost my wife and seeing her in dreams even after years...there appear to be two types of dream visitations by departed loved ones.

One is where the departed has a 'walk on'...where a dream is in progress and they just show up without playing any major role in the dream already in progress...other than to show themselves or to relay a point or message.

The other type is a dream specifically structured around them...where they play a central role.

The FORMER type are the ones I pay the most attention to, as I believe it is a conscious interjection or visit by the departed.

The LATTER type, I believe, is more from our own memories and subconscious.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Hello! I went through the same experience at 27. He passed away 25 years ago from cancer complication. I had a few dreams which I remember to this day. I feel there are rules about what they can tell you. And what you can say to them in the dream. They are in a better living place of peace. No pain for them. The struggle is yours to cope with the loss and grief from missing them. It took five years for me to feel better. I believe in heaven, hell, purgatory. Life is a challenge. My sympathies to you and I hope you will feel better. It is an awful experience. My dog almost died three weeks ago, until I read about probiotics and now she is eating and recovering. Frail but alive. We should never give up hope and fight to live. Each day is a precious gift! Peace to all!

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

Well lets just put it this way though I was skeptical I still have an open mind, So whats my next step?

top topics

join