It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden Tells Europeans In Munich That America Is 'An Embarrassment' (Kissing Up To Merkel)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 12:10 AM
link   
It is the mudpit, so here we go: Looks like Joe Biden is over kissing European butt as his old boss did in 2008. I always love it when they go to foreign nations and bad-mouth us. Yeah, we have issues for sure but standing in Germany shoveling crap during The European Security Conference is lame. Wonder if he did the ceremonious bow to Merkel while he was there being her parrot?

The Euro's are pissed because they have to pay more for their defense, car tariffs, pulling out of Syria, and whining about loosing money in Iran if they pull out of the Iran nuclear deal that brought them so much money. BTW - Currently, vehicles shipped from Europe to the US face a low 2.5% tariff. Meanwhile, cars built in America face a 10% tariff when they're shipped to the European Union.

www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/defense-national-security/biden-tells-europeans-in-munich-that-america-is-an-embarrassment

MUNICH — Speaking on German soil 75 years after the U.S. and its allies prepared for D-Day, Joe Biden described America as "an embarrassment" and its trade policies "self-defeating."

"The America I see values basic human decency, not snatching children from their parents or turning our back on refugees at our border. Americans know that’s not right,” the former vice president and potential 2020 Democratic presidential candidate told the Munich Security Conference. "The American people understand plainly that this makes us an embarrassment.

Biden’s jabs drew applause from European critics of Trump hours after Vice President Mike Pence had spoken at the conference lauding the president's efforts to press NATO allies to increase defense spending in the face of Russian aggression.

Trump foreign policy under attack from all sides at European security conference
www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/trump-foreign-policy-under-attack-from-all-sides-at-european-security-conference/2019/02/16/9b1a713a-2fac-11e9-878 1-763619f12cb4_story.html?utm_term=.88e21438f4e5

Merkel accused the United States of strengthening Iran and Russia with its plans for a speedy military pullout from Syria. And she lamented that the U.S.-led global order “has collapsed into many tiny parts.”

The crowd gave the German chancellor an extended standing ovation — a rare display at the normally button-down Munich Security Conference. The customarily reserved Merkel beamed as she took her seat. The speech, and the response, underscored just how far apart the United States has drifted from its traditional allies during Trump’s term — and how little Europeans care about concealing their contempt.

“Now there’s a lot more openly displayed anger about the fact that the relationship is broken,” Bremmer said. “The Trump administration doesn’t understand that it’s not just about how much people pay. It’s about a relationship, trust, how you communicate, shared values. That all matters.”

Merkel devoted much of her speech to an item-by-item rundown of areas where the U.S. and Europe disagree, seeking to refute the Trump administration position on each one. She appeared particularly aggrieved by U.S. threats to raise tariffs on German cars — justified on the grounds that they endanger U.S. national security.

edit on 17-2-2019 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Biden is a traitor of the American people. To think I liked the guy because he got drunk quite often and acted sort of like my old time friends. Friends I would never recommend as candidates for the office of president or vice president of the country.

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

He says our trade policies are self-defeating 😆

The complete opposite of the truth as our economy and unemployment rate prove.

Who's team do you play for Joe??

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I felt bad for Biden when his son (Bo?) died of Cancer. President Obama then made Joe Biden a Cancer czar. Charged him with ridding the world of that affliction.

www.cnn.com...

Since this happened with less than 12 months left in Obama's 2nd term, he must have thought that Hillary would keep the task force, with Biden in charge.

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 12:43 AM
link   
He wants to be the next apologizer in chief; working up his road show routine already.

If the inhabitants of Euro-Disney are pissed off at us, so much the better. It means we're probably doing something right.

The only thing that has slowed Putin's roll is historically low petroleum prices---due to American innovation in the form of Fracking. The vast bulk of Russian govts operating receipts come not from taxes, but directly from Gazprom's natural gas and oil sales--- mostly to Germany and the Netherlands.

By buying Russian juice, the kraut-eaters are selling their souls to the people who are producing the tanks to roll over the EU border a couple of years from now. Trump wasn't threatening them when he told them to pay for their own defense, he was giving them friendly advice. When they hand a chunk of their nations' GDPs to Vladimir Putin, they are bankrolling the military machine he is building to annex them.

Merkel thinks she's the snot for telling off America. Well la-dee-freaking dah.

Trump is setting us free not to be Europe's bitch. They can bomb Serbia themselves when they want it done next time.

Funny how you don't hear snot about Norway from the Leftnews. That's because they've got Russian subs parked in their harbors and Russian bombers flying over their shopping districts. Norway likes America just fine. In fact, they have several thousand US troops partying there, learning to fight in the snow....

So Merkel and the Kid-toucher Joe Biden can have a make-out sesh all they want to. The only one watching is Uncle Vlad.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Merkel, ughh! Germans take over of the EU worked alot better the third time around. Hopefully England can get out before that ship sinks, unlikely as it looks like that ships sailed . Germany we get our gas supply from Russia and have trade deals with Iran whilst we haven't paid our way for nato whilst trying to set up a centralised EU army that has nukes that we can control. sure the same Germany that opened the boarders and are trying to cut the EU off from the global internet. Police thought and I'm tots positive we won't be fighting them in the next world war as.. um three times? Biden is the example when it comes to whats wrong with western world politics today.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Pretty obviously selling the US out. Self Explanatory.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
Pretty obviously selling the US out. Self Explanatory.

Not really, he's just jumping on the bandwagon, I feel sorry for the American people being judged by the world because of the buffoon in cheif.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Looks like even Biden is outing himself as NWO as well as an ex-Obamamite.

roflol 🤣

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Wow what a cuck.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Biden is an embarrassment to America because of the way he acts around females. Even prepubescent females

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Pence sucked up Donald’s bottom so hard, that was a pain to hear.
„USA greatest here and biggest there, leading the world to a better future!“

Blablabla.

The USA are on the way to major isolationism, pulling back from everywhere and Pence tries to doublespeak that.

Yeah, and he did it to his international colleagues. Who know the true facts, and weren’t impressed.

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

America is the best, pretty sure you lot got your asses kicked by us not too long ago.

^_^

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 01:51 AM
link   
And yet ANOTHER nail in the democrat coffin.

These guys seriously do NOT want to win the Presidency.

I feel sorry for the American people being judged by the world because of democrats.

Luckily the President is liked and welcomed by the vast majority of the global populace. Just not by their so called ‘leaders’ but who cares, they’ll all be replaced soon enough.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Lol....I dont need your sympathy. Europe wont even take back their homegrown ISIS fighters. They want the US to house them in Gitmo so they can bitch at us for that as well.

And Germany? How bout they show some leadership and tske the reins in Syria.

Oh yeah, they cant, because their military couldnt defend themselves much less any offensive somewhere. Merkel can jump off a cliff......bring the troops back from Grrmany!!!!!

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Why was he speaking there?

The USA President is really saying this, but no one is believing him. "The more you do for someone, the less they appreciate it". And that's the truth.

Just look at what is happening on the streets of San Francisco. The more you do for the homeless, the less they appreciate .

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Sure thing, i can't help it I like America and American people, I just meant in the context of Trump being such a douche bag, I realize you can't see it but that's cool I won't hold it against you.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Europe is hardly a bastion of good leadership. Germany is near recession. UK lost its balls. Macron has lost his country. Italy is...well Italy. You tell me one world class leader in Europe.

I am actually embarrassed for European people....and I love Europe.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Anyone who has run a business or supervised peeps knows this. Give em a day off for doing well....and it becomes an expectation instead of a reward. Then other peeps who aint done crap get jel and whine about why they didnt get a day off. I used to tell them "dont suck at your job and I will get you a day off". It used to work well back in the day. Now....it will getcha fired....or worse.....youtubed.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

You misunderstand me, the leadership is rotten across the western world, I'm specifically talking about quality of life.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join