It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Songs you once loved that you have learned had an evil agenda

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 10:48 PM
link   
We all had that stage in life, where emotion clouded common sense. I lost my girl..this guy said that..can you believe she said that..F me with a wiffle ball bat. My question is two fold.

1. Did any particular song ever influence you on a critical life choice, and did it work out?

2. What music did you take to heart as a way of life. Then live by it, and was it worth it?

I LOVE music, don't know what I would do without it. However I feel we've been led astray.

We all know a good melody when we hear it but, do we hear the words?
Do we even pay attention? have all of our feel good songs secretly "made" us someone we're not.
Told us to do/say something we otherwise wouldn't have....

Research indicates that music stimulates emotions through specific brain circuits. We can easily see how music and the brain engage mood and emotion when a child smiles and begins to dance to a rhythm. He is experiencing an uplifted mood of joy from the music. We also see this when parent and child connect through song. Have you ever listened to a mother singing a lullaby to her newborn baby? It is probably one of the most significant bonding experiences between people you will ever witness.

Outside of music affecting the brain as an emotional experience, it is also a physical experience. One reason for this is a hormone related to bonding called oxytocin. The “cuddle hormone,” as it’s sometimes called, can be released by singing. No wonder music is such a profound emotional experience in the mind of both mother and child!

www.consciouslifestylemag.com...

-- Now what if that was used against us --

Backmasking is a recording technique in which a sound or message is recorded backward onto a track that is meant to be played forward. Backmasking is a deliberate process, whereas a message found through phonetic reversal may be unintentional.

Backmasking was popularised by The Beatles, who used backward instrumentation on their 1966 album Revolver.[1] Artists have since used backmasking for artistic, comedic and satiric effect, on both analogue and digital recordings. The technique has also been used to censor words or phrases for "clean" releases of explicit songs.

In 1969, rumors of a backmasked message in the Beatles song "Revolution 9" sparked the Paul is dead urban legend.[2] In the 1970s, 1980s and 1990s, Christian groups in the United States alleged that backmasking was being used by prominent rock musicians for Satanic purposes, leading to record-burning protests and proposed anti-backmasking legislation by state and federal governments.[3] Many popular musicians have since been accused of including backmasked messages in their music. However, apparent backmasked messages may in fact be examples of pareidolia - the brain's tendency to recognize patterns in meaningless data - or coincidental phonetic reversal.[2]

en.wikipedia.org...

I would love some input from ATS. As well as songs/bands you feel fit this criteria.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Sabrechucker

I was told, puffing dragons is illegal.

edit on 16-2-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Depends on what state you live in. Not a magic dragon myself but...c'mon it's not a crime.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I am thinking “chirpy chirpy cheep cheep”, I don’t know why, it’s just evil
I won’t even link it

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 11:12 PM
link   
A few KMFDM songs had some quite strange lyrics.

This song fits NWO.

Conquer your world Study you quietly Count the ways I'll do anything you say There will be no holding back Legions of me

Tragically yours Obey and submit to me I will find you Wherever you hide Got a thrill for the hunt A skilled criminal mind

edit on 16-2-2019 by AtlasHawk because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-2-2019 by AtlasHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Sounds like a straight up abduction. The darkness of Hollywood is deep.
edit on 16-2-2019 by Sabrechucker because: (no reason given)

Wont link, I get your point though
edit on 16-2-2019 by Sabrechucker because: link

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Music is my favorite whatever and I realized long ago that its main purpose (especially in movies) was to help bring forth emotion. With that being said, I still love it, even though I realize this entire reality is a sham and meant only to extract emotions/brainwaves from those who are unaware.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: FlukeSkywalker

Well said! Life without music is unimaginable. Some of it is pure..most is not

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 11:25 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: AtlasHawk

Considering how many "bands" don't even write their own lyrics (going back decades) Do they even know what the implications are to their money hungry spouting s?

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: dashen

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Well, pot wasn't legal anywhere when this song was popular, or even after it hit it's peak and was just sung at summer camp.

Puff and Jackie Paper does make one think of pot and joints, but "Chasing the Dragon" isn't reeferring [sic] to pot. www.urbandictionary.com...
edit on 16-2-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Good lesson did not know that.

Your life becomes a living hell, all in search of a repeat of the first high. That's chasing the dragon.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 11:49 PM
link   
The Pledge off Allegiance.

Not quite a song, but close enough.

The “Pledge” hasn’t meant sh!t since the GI Generation...

While I feel fortunate to have been born here and been given the opportunity to thrive, it’s all still a Ponzi Scheme.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: BestinShow

Don't know exactly what you mean, buy I am very interested. Sincerely please explain

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Oh I get it now. Your an American who reaps all the benefits of being an American, yet still wants to knock it. Are you a tax paying American "Citizen" or just yelling from the basement " mom the meatloaf" I wont respond....thread is about Music.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sabrechucker

Oh I get it now. Your an American who reaps all the benefits of being an American, yet still wants to knock it. Are you a tax paying American "Citizen" or just yelling from the basement " mom the meatloaf" I wont respond....thread is about Music.

No, I’m an American that took the blinders off and still found a way to keep head above water...

That was obvious in my previous post, but apparently your dumb ass is struggling with Common Sense.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 12:42 AM
link   

My blinders have been off for quite some time. Maybe I did read your post wrong, for that I apologize. You calling me a dumb ass!!! show's all that need's to be seen. I'd make a mockery of your manhood! but, I am not a keyboard combatant.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Dedicated to all the posters who still ask their mom for meatloaf, from their basement or spare bedroom.

edit on 17-2-2019 by Sabrechucker because: Everyone's mad...stay on topic

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

I was told, puffing dragons is illegal.

This song came to my mind first, too...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join