It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smollett case just got a bit uglier.....

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

So your level of judgement in this case is to defer to mike brown hands up!

You can do better

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Yes i have no problem with that and you seem to be equating me with some type of stereo type you have in your mind.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: UncleTomahawk

Yes i have no problem with that and you seem to be equating me with some type of stereo type you have in your mind.

I am not equating you with any stereotype at all. Just using your own postings as a reflection of your positions on these topics. Perhaps you are projecting your own insecurities upon the ATS members here?

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Speaking of charges i find it odd how the police have decided to not pursue charges on the other two since they have admitted to crimes.

For me this is what is what is most telling it was all a set up, but who knows, this tells me what the two brothers did was not a crime...

The feds may not be so quick to side with the two on the matter of mail fraud and such.

The feds are going down the hate crime part and that could be the letter and how that all came about...the letter is a big deal.

edit on 20-2-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

I am not equating you with any stereotype at all. Just using your own postings as a reflection of your positions on these topics. Perhaps you are projecting your own insecurities upon the ATS members here?

Ok then...

What words have i redefined that you are basing your conclusion on?

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

For me this is what is most telling it was all a set up, but who knows, this tells me what the two brothers didi was not a crime...

It tells me that the police may be partial to the two and have some grudge against jussie. I have no idea what for but they seem to be hostile toward a victim.

You seem to want to believe the two committed no crime but i do not think you really agree with the position you just took.

You would not want people to go out and stage or participate in fake hate crimes in order to sway the public's view of a sensitive subject without facing some type of justice for the criminality. I do not believe that about any posters here.

They are acting as if jussie is some type of major drug kingpin and they would erase any crimes of someone who could get them a conviction.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   

It tells me that the police may be partial to the two and have some grudge against jussie. I have no idea what for but they seem to be hostile toward a victim.

Until this incident, did anyone really care about this guy? I don't think they seem hostile at all, but their attitude changed as Jussie clammed up as further evidence came to light.

You seem to want to believe the two committed no crime but i do not think you really agree with the position you just took.

You would not want people to go out and stage or participate in fake hate crimes in order to sway the public's view of a sensitive subject without facing some type of justice for the criminality. I do not believe that about any posters here.

They are acting as if jussie is some type of major drug kingpin and they would erase any crimes of someone who could get them a conviction.

I'm not saying they committed zero crime, I'm saying they didn't commit the crime of assault against Jusse, and that is why they were released. Further indictments coming down will come from the FBI and postal investigations and those do not look good for any of them at this point.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I did not know who he was but i would clam up very much if i were him and the attack were real and the police said i was no longer a victim.

It is a crime to attack someone in public even if paid to do so. It is also conspiracy to defraud.

Letting them off tells the rest of the upstanding citizens they can do what ever they want as long as they are paid or are willing to claim they are being paid.

It is either the two are guilty or all three are guilty but the police are sending the message right now that only one is guilty and that is why smollett is wise to stay clear of the police right now.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: UncleTomahawk

I have no idea what for but they seem to be hostile toward a victim.

You really have no idea why the CPD could possibly be "hostile" towards jussie now, after investigating this case for about 3 weeks? They were not hostile towards him at first, but only after investigations revealed incriminating evidence against smullett.
You are either very ignorant or just trolling for reactions 'uncletom'.

His history of lying to police alone should have given pause to CPD detectives , like trying to frame his BROTHER.

What a lying scumbag jussie is.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Smollett Indictment Expected In "A Matter Of Hours"

Empire star Jussie Smollett is expected to be indicted in "a matter of hours. Not days," according to Chicago's Fox 32 reporter Rafer Weigel.

The article confirms that the police have warrants for Smollett's phone records and financial information. Almost certainly, this will be to confirm that he was calling them right before the attack, and to confirm that he paid them.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

incriminating evidence against smullett.

They have not released any of the sort to the public and i wonder if they have anything other than the brothers word.

Based on what we know...the brothers are trying to save themselves and police are showing favoritism perhaps some of them have a grudge against jussie.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   

They have not released any of the sort to the public and i wonder if they have anything other than the brothers word.

Based on what we know...the brothers are trying to save themselves and police are showing favoritism perhaps some of them have a grudge against jussie.

Perhaps the police understand you don't release critical evidence to the public before arrests and a trial are scheduled to occur? Imagine that, you are not special enough to know all they have.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Will be interesting to see whom else (the high-profile individual (s)) he was in contact with.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
Smollett Indictment Expected In "A Matter Of Hours"

Empire star Jussie Smollett is expected to be indicted in "a matter of hours. Not days," according to Chicago's Fox 32 reporter Rafer Weigel.

The article confirms that the police have warrants for Smollett's phone records and financial information. Almost certainly, this will be to confirm that he was calling them right before the attack, and to confirm that he paid them.

They have the two brothers phones so there would be no need to confirm any such call. One of them worked for jussie so there is likely payments of some type.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Will be interesting to see whom else (the high-profile individual (s)) he was in contact with.

And comparing the redacted list with the actual records will also be quite a revelation as well.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   

TMZ is saying now: As I type...

Smollette or his lawyers ARE NOW going to talk to the CPD.
And the grand jury IS going to happen. The brothers are going to testify regardless. And the target is Jussie.
Also, in re: their trip to Nigeria, Jussie knew they were going on the trip and the trip was pre-planned. So no, the brothers didn't just go run off, it was all a part of the plan. Jussie didn't want them questioned.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   
rumors:

Kamala Harris is "discussing" options with attorneys and crisis managers and PR advisors 😎

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Will jussie surrender peacefully? Could get interesting.

Twitter

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I havent seen this posted yet.
"Jussie Smollett Hires High Profile Defense Attorney, Mark Geragos".
Chicago.CBS

In an indication that the case against him is intensifying, “Empire” actor Jussie Smollett has lawyered up—way up—hiring Los Angeles-based attorney Mark Geragos.

Walls are closing in on jussie.

edit on 2 20 2019 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

Perhaps the police understand you don't release critical evidence to the public before arrests and a trial are scheduled to occur? Imagine that, you are not special enough to know all they have.

Except there are no arrest except the brothers. If the police had evidence then there would be such.

I have heard that the police have sought his phone records and financial statements.

I bet they find calls to the brothers as friends and payment for personal training but they will lack any text messages pertaining to planning such event.

They will try to say that since jussie had phone calls with them and paid one of them for workouts that is really just a cover for paying and planning to beat him up.

That will not convince me at all.

What would do it is if the police have the brothers phone now and a text saying something like i will pay you all to dress up like white guys and beat me up.

If they had solid evidence then jussie would be in custody and there would be no grand jury to decide on circumstantial evidence and the word of confessed criminals.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join