It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smollett case just got a bit uglier.....

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
What doesn’t make sense is this.

If the Nigerians were a part of the Hoax shouldn’t they also be charged?

They most likely cut a deal and are cooperating with authorities.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Okay, makes sense.

hey most likely cut a deal and are cooperating with authorities.

The other mystery is how did this guy expect to get away with this hoax?

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 07:41 PM
link   

They didn't call the police or file a police complaint.

Smollett did.😎

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Okay, makes sense.

hey most likely cut a deal and are cooperating with authorities.

The other mystery is how did this guy expect to get away with this hoax?

He has a Democrat angel watching over him 😎

Or so he was led to believe 🤣

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Yeah but if they helped him do this there liable too. He paid them money. Conspiracy.

Of course maybe its not a crime to aid in a hoax. He just paid them to slap him around a bit

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 07:46 PM
link   

It depends. If all he did was pay them to "assault" him and put a rope on him, there is no law against that. You can pay your friends to do all kinds of weird things to you. What matters is if they took part in the after story in any way or gave false statements to support the narrative.

They immediately left the country, so there may not be much that they actually did wrong in a legal sense. There is no requirement legally to come forward and say you did something if someone is saying others did it.

Smollett is the one that ran with the story...and media appearances...and twitter. If it can be shown that they conspired on the narrative though, as in texting about the purpose or gave statements in that regard, etc., there could be something there.

As it is though, they could walk entirely if they cooperate on getting evidence against smollett as their part may not be worth the trouble.
edit on 17-2-2019 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

You cannot hold/detain people indefinitely. You cannot arrest them until you're ready to press charges. Which means they need all their ducks in a row because the legal clock starts ticking when that happens (see: Mueller's failure to comply with disclosure requests and attempt to delay the Russian caterer trial by playing semantic games about service/jurisdiction).
So there's no reason to believe they'll be arrested and charged until they complete their investigation (which obviously has another concurrent facet in Smollett). Also possible they are negotiating or have negotiated a deal with the DA's office in exchange for cooperation. I bet they wish the news would not have hit the real media (probably why they kept saying Jussie was still considered the victim late into the game). Would have been nice to have Smollett call the wiretapped Nigerians to coordinate their story together, for example. Now he's all lawyered up.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 07:49 PM
link   

The truth and any conspiracy will be found by the GRAND JURY this week.

Source: www.tmz.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

Here's what’s going to happen. His lawyers are going to say, yeah, the Nigerians did it on there own.

That’s the only way this guy can get out of this mess.

Otherwise, what’s he going to do go on Oprah and start crying saying I just wanted to be famous, forgive me.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 07:53 PM
link   

The truth and any conspiracy will be found by the GRAND JURY this week.

Grand Juries don’t find the truth. I know, I was on a Grand Jury and it was so bad I walked out.

Grand Juries are rubber stamps for prosecutors.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Here's what’s going to happen. His lawyers are going to say, yeah, the Nigerians did it on there own.

Otherwise, what’s he going to do go on Oprah and start crying saying I just wanted to be famous, forgive me.

That is really his only chance and a likely move by his team. I suspect though that they have a decent amount of evidence as they claim he paid them and there is probably some kind of phone/paper trail.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Halfswede

That is really his only chance and a likely move by his team. I suspect though that they have a decent amount of evidence as they claim he paid them and there is probably some kind of phone/paper trail.

You're probably right.

But just looking at the possibilities, maybe they tried to rob the guy and it went wrong and they turned it into this.

Though, that doesn’t make much sense either. UNLESS the robbery failed and they, the brothers, wanted to make it look like a racist attack to get him thinking it wanst them...

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Any decent prosecutor will rip Smollett to shreds on the stand. He has way to many discrepancies in his story to come out of this unscathed. Plus he's not very convincing when he's lying.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Smollett is a hater and, an activist one, at that. It means he will do whatever it takes. BAMN...that's they way they roll.

The Smolletts have also been outspoken politically and, since their school years, devoted to causes like H.I.V./AIDS prevention and ending apartheid. They were raised in the orbit of the Black Panthers and, lately, have lent their voices to the Black Lives Matter movement. Their trajectory, from child stars to successful adults, is born of their family and its history of activism.

An African-American from New Orleans, Ms. Smollett met their father, Joel Smollett Sr., a Russian-Polish Jew, in the Bay Area, where they campaigned for civil rights. “My mom was in the movement with Bobby Seale and Huey Newton, and one of her first mentors was Julian Bond,” Mr. Smollett said of the Black Panther founders and the civil rights leader. “To this day, Angela Davis is one of her dearest friends. We’ve spent Mother’s Day with Angela.”

www.nytimes.com...

Angela Davis....some of you may be old enough to actually remember this woman from back when. She's a real piece of work, and if Smollett considers her a role model and mommy figure, it says a lot about what he is.

Angela Yvonne Davis (born January 26, 1944) is an American political activist, academic, and author. She emerged as a prominent counterculture activist in the 1960s working with the Communist Party USA, of which she was a member until 1991, and was briefly involved in the Black Panther Party during the Civil Rights Movement.[4]

Davis is a professor emerita at the University of California, Santa Cruz, in its History of Consciousness Department. She is also a former director of the university's Feminist Studies department.[5] Her research interests are feminism, African-American studies, critical theory, Marxism, popular music, social consciousness, and the philosophy and history of punishment and prisons. She co-founded Critical Resistance, an organization working to abolish the prison–industrial complex.

Davis's membership in the Communist Party USA (CPUSA) led California Governor Ronald Reagan in 1969 to attempt to have her barred from teaching at any California university. She supported the governments of the Soviet Bloc for several decades. During the 1980s, she was twice a candidate for Vice President on the CPUSA ticket. She left the party in 1991.
.en.wikipedia.org...

BIRDS OF A FEATHER....B.A.M.N.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Any decent prosecutor will rip Smollett to shreds on the stand. He has way to many discrepancies in his story to come out of this unscathed. Plus he's not very convincing when he's lying.

You're probably right BUT...Listen to this

Now the police got those guys so they turned it on Jussie and said they all planned it.

But Jussie’s Lawyers are going to say it was a robbery or attack on Jussie gone wrong and so they went into the racist gibberish to get attention off themselves and make him say they were white.

He assumed they were white. They thought they could punk him out and just rob him but he fought back and they then just left.

Defense attorney's side. A good defense attorney can win this case UNLESS there's a smoking gun like a check or phone record.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

His father is a russian polish jew and he hangs out with communists too. Wowz.

I hope he gets the maximum sentence, but so far it doesn't look good if he isn't even charged yet. He should be treated like anyone else who files a false police report, and arranges for a threatening note with white powder sent to him at Empire. That's a federal crime in itself.

Jussie did talk to one of the brothers by phone right before the 'attack'. Police got that from the brothers phones. In Jussie's phone records that he edited and gave police, that call and others were missing.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Most AAs in the entertainment field are very progressive that is nothing odd.

That doesn’t make them want to do a hoax. He would be casting a terrible light on his cause to do that. So if he did this, it is out of some deep psycho trip.

Look at Spike Lee he’s real militant that doesn’t make him prone to do racial attack hoaxes. Anybody in their right mind understands your doing a disservice to any cause.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Now the police got those guys so they turned it on Jussie and said they all planned it.

But Jussie’s Lawyers are going to say it was a robbery or attack on Jussie gone wrong and so they went into the racist gibberish to get attention off themselves and make him say they were white.

He assumed they were white. They thought they could punk him out and just rob him but he fought back and they then just left.

Defense attorney's side. A good defense attorney can win this case UNLESS there's a smoking gun like a check or phone record.

I have a feeling that the evidence against him will be to overwhelming for any judge or jury to say he's innocent, but ya never know. I didn't think OJ was going to get off either, so stranger things have happened.
edit on 17-2-2019 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 08:33 PM
link   

I’m almost positive there is phone records. How else could they have identified these two Nigerians, certainly not from the surveillance photo.

Between it being two peoples word against one, and the udder ridiculous nature of the story, Jussie’s goose is cooked.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

You’re probably right. Jussie does look very guilty so far.
Social media and most of black social media thinks has guilty...he’s a hoaxer

But this case is a strange one, and he has not yet been charged with anything.

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join