It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sumerian And Egyptian Eyeliner And Ancient Aliens

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: JAGStorm

Worst mossies I've seen were in eastern Oregon. High desert.

Who woulda thunk it.
mossies. You got some aussie in you? Also did not know mosquito didnt like stripes. I may try that.

Thats John Lithgow. He encountered the mossies in the Wenatchee National Forest while pursuing a giant bipedal hominid which he ultimately befriended.

Eta: which sumerian document says they wore eyeliner? Gotta keep my post relevant to the thread topic.
edit on 16-2-2019 by drewlander because: Relevance

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Minnesota in August, clouds of skeeters, big as birds! Southern Oregon and Mt Hood/ Portland area are darn near mosquito free

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

We use mossies for mosquito here in oz

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: r0xor

originally posted by: SeaWorthy
a reply to: MissSmartypants

1 Enoch portrays Azazel as responsible for teaching humans to make weapons and cosmetics, for which he was cast out of heaven. 1 Enoch 2:8 reads: And Azazel taught men to make swords and knives and shields and breastplates; and made known to them the metals [of the earth] and the art of working them; and bracelets and ornaments; and the use of antimony and the beautifying of the eyelids; and all kinds of costly stones and all colouring tinctures.

And there arose much godlessness, and they committed fornication, and they were led astray and became corrupt in all their ways. The corruption brought on by Azazel and the Grigori degrades the human race, and the four archangels (Michael, Gabriel, Raphael, and Uriel) “saw much blood being shed upon the earth and all lawlessness being wrought upon the earth […] The souls of men [made] their suit, saying, "Bring our cause before the Most High; […] Thou seest what Azazel hath done, who hath taught all unrighteousness on earth and revealed the eternal secrets which were in heaven, which men were striving to learn." "

There arose much godlessness and they committed fornication because of the beautifying of the eyelids is the way it reads. Football players wear a thick line of black underneath their eyes because it helps them see when the sun is shining so this could be a possibility. Yet, babies and women who are staying indoors mostly don't need to worry about that. Women wore black around their eyes to look more attractive I'm sure, but why would it rub off on the men and the children. Imitating aliens seems like a possibility at first, but why would they do that when they know for a fact that they're not the aliens? Suppose there were some ancient aliens roaming about, their gods and what not. There'd be very few of them and I don't see why the entire kingdom would have mandatory black eye make up for everyone just because a handful of aliens or gods did.

Do fans of certain bands not dress in a fashion, similar to that of the artist they adore? Do people who hero worship soccer, American football, hockey or basketball players and wear the same jerseys and numbers as their heroes? Do weak minded individuals not try and emulate the ctyle of their favourite reality stars?

This is a process I feel we are more comfortable with in the 21st century than your post suggests....

edit on 17/2/19 by djz3ro because: Fixing spelling...

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

originally posted by: r0xor

1 Enoch portrays Azazel as responsible for teaching humans to make weapons and cosmetics, for which he was cast out of heaven. 1 Enoch 2:8 reads: And Azazel taught men to make swords and knives and shields and breastplates; and made known to them the metals [of the earth] and the art of working them; and bracelets and ornaments; and the use of antimony and the beautifying of the eyelids; and all kinds of costly stones and all colouring tinctures.

And there arose much godlessness, and they committed fornication, and they were led astray and became corrupt in all their ways. The corruption brought on by Azazel and the Grigori degrades the human race, and the four archangels (Michael, Gabriel, Raphael, and Uriel) “saw much blood being shed upon the earth and all lawlessness being wrought upon the earth […] The souls of men [made] their suit, saying, "Bring our cause before the Most High; […] Thou seest what Azazel hath done, who hath taught all unrighteousness on earth and revealed the eternal secrets which were in heaven, which men were striving to learn." "

There arose much godlessness and they committed fornication because of the beautifying of the eyelids is the way it reads. Football players wear a thick line of black underneath their eyes because it helps them see when the sun is shining so this could be a possibility. Yet, babies and women who are staying indoors mostly don't need to worry about that. Women wore black around their eyes to look more attractive I'm sure, but why would it rub off on the men and the children. Imitating aliens seems like a possibility at first, but why would they do that when they know for a fact that they're not the aliens? Suppose there were some ancient aliens roaming about, their gods and what not. There'd be very few of them and I don't see why the entire kingdom would have mandatory black eye make up for everyone just because a handful of aliens or gods did.

Do fans of certain bands not dress in a fashion, similar to that of the artist they adore? Do people who hero worship soccer, American football, hockey or basketball players and wear the same jerseys and numbers as their heroes? Do weak minded individuals not try and emulate the ctyle of their favourite reality stars?

This is a process I feel we are more comfortable with in the 21st century than your post suggests....
That's what I said... but I like the way you said it better.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 01:40 AM
link   

a reply to: r0xor

Actually they were taught vanity and flippant sexuality and that is the picture plus war and hate and satanic ritual.

Satanic ritual? Are you having a laugh? Two cultures that predated Christianity were worshippers of the Christian construct of Satan. Were they time travelling Satanists that went to the future so they could worship a literary figure that hadn't been invented yet? Was there a sect of Romans who were taught Scientology? Perhaps Ghengis Khan was a Mormon? Any other anachronistic religious practices we should be informed about?
edit on 17/2/19 by djz3ro because: Punctuation

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Probably the original emo sadbois...

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: drewlander

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

a reply to: JAGStorm

Worst mossies I've seen were in eastern Oregon. High desert.

Who woulda thunk it.
mossies. You got some aussie in you? Also did not know mosquito didnt like stripes. I may try that.

Thats John Lithgow. He encountered the mossies in the Wenatchee National Forest while pursuing a giant bipedal hominid which he ultimately befriended.

Eta: which sumerian document says they wore eyeliner? Gotta keep my post relevant to the thread topic.
I can't post links from my phone but if you google ancient Sumerian eyeliner lots of info comes up. And have you ever seen a more endearing Bigfoot? All I know is I want one.
A Bigfoot...not an ancient Sumerian.
edit on 2/17/2019 by MissSmartypants because: Edit

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Actually they were taught vanity and flippant sexuality and that is the picture plus war and hate and satanic ritual.

Satanic ritual? Are you having a laugh? Two cultures that predated Christianity were worshippers of the Christian construct of Satan. Were they time travelling Satanists that went to the future so they could worship a literary figure that hadn't been invented yet? Was there a sect of Romans who were taught Scientology? Perhaps Ghengis Khan was a Mormon? Any other anachronistic religious practices we should be informed about?
You ask a lot of questions...but I believe I can answer them.

No way.
How did you know?
Among other things,sure.
Does the Vatican count?
Joseph Smith's name at birth was Ghengis Albert Khan...so yes
Informed about? No. It's strictly need to know

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Probably the original emo sadbois...

Emo's are what happens when Goths get into Nu-metal (I ran a rock club while this evolution happened, I witnessed it first hand) , not a product of ancient cultures (though Goths borrowed from Egyptian culture with the eye of Horus, ankhs, eyeliner style etc.)...

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: MissSmartypants

No way.
How did you know?
Among other things,sure.
Does the Vatican count?

I know because I was there, or something ha ha.

The Vatican always counts.

I can see why Joseph Smith changed his name, I don't think his religion would have taken off as well if he stuck with Ghengis Albert Khan (and here was me thinking Joseph Smith didn't have a middle name)...

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Okay, ill stop being lazy and research. But not until this foot of climate change is cleared from my driveway.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Imho the original purpose was medicinal.

Apparently lead ions (in Kohl) in contact with skin cells can trigger the immune system. So there would be an immediate reaction to an actual infection.

pubs.acs.org...

In particular, during the flooding of the Nile, inhabitants of Egypt suffered from numerous eye diseases and inflammations...

Ebers papyrus details recipes for eye drops, plaster dressings, and cosmetics for the eyes and eyelids that were to be prescribed for the treatment of a number of ailments.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Perhaps the ancient aliens were Avon reps

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: moebius

Imho the original purpose was medicinal.

Apparently lead ions (in Kohl) in contact with skin cells can trigger the immune system. So there would be an immediate reaction to an actual infection.

pubs.acs.org...

In particular, during the flooding of the Nile, inhabitants of Egypt suffered from numerous eye diseases and inflammations...

Ebers papyrus details recipes for eye drops, plaster dressings, and cosmetics for the eyes and eyelids that were to be prescribed for the treatment of a number of ailments.
Well, that explains why it's use wasn't more widespread. Thanks for your input.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: MissSmartypants

No way.
How did you know?
Among other things,sure.
Does the Vatican count?

I know because I was there, or something ha ha.

The Vatican always counts.

I can see why Joseph Smith changed his name, I don't think his religion would have taken off as well if he stuck with Ghengis Albert Khan (and here was me thinking Joseph Smith didn't have a middle name)...

Giggles mischievously.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: drewlander

How are we sure they wore any eyeliner? I missed that part.

This should explain what you may have missed:

edit on 17-2-2019 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

They covered their corneas with eyeshadow?

Ouchy.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 09:33 PM
link   

edit on 2/17/2019 by MissSmartypants because: Edit

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 09:34 PM
link   

a reply to: vethumanbeing

They covered their corneas with eyeshadow?

Ouchy.
They were the original Black Eyed Kids.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join