It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sumerian And Egyptian Eyeliner And Ancient Aliens

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   
According to anthropologists thick black kohl eyeliner was first worn by the ancient Sumerians and afterwards ancient Egyptians. In Sumeria everyone wore a thick line of black kohl eyeliner on both the upper and lower eyelids which continued on past the outer corner of the eye. Men, women, children, babies...everyone wore it. Anthropologists conjecture that perhaps it was to prevent conjunctivitis(pink eye) or perhaps to lessen the glare of the sun. If this were the case wouldn't it be a more widespread practice...at least in equatorial areas where the sun is brighter... and not just 2 ancient civilizations that are both closely associated with ancient aliens? Is it possible that they were trying to imitate the large black almond shaped eyes of the aliens instead?

edit on 2/16/2019 by MissSmartypants because: Edit

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: MissSmartypants

If Aliens =Angels Notice how they cancel each other letter for letter with the 2 left over letters in the center G and I being the 7th and 9th letters of the alphabet.

1 Enoch portrays Azazel as responsible for teaching humans to make weapons and cosmetics, for which he was cast out of heaven. 1 Enoch 2:8 reads: And Azazel taught men to make swords and knives and shields and breastplates; and made known to them the metals [of the earth] and the art of working them; and bracelets and ornaments; and the use of antimony and the beautifying of the eyelids; and all kinds of costly stones and all colouring tinctures.

And there arose much godlessness, and they committed fornication, and they were led astray and became corrupt in all their ways. The corruption brought on by Azazel and the Grigori degrades the human race, and the four archangels (Michael, Gabriel, Raphael, and Uriel) “saw much blood being shed upon the earth and all lawlessness being wrought upon the earth […] The souls of men [made] their suit, saying, "Bring our cause before the Most High; […] Thou seest what Azazel hath done, who hath taught all unrighteousness on earth and revealed the eternal secrets which were in heaven, which men were striving to learn." "

en.wikipedia.org...

In the Book of Enoch, the watchers (Aramaic עִירִין, iyrin) are angels dispatched to Earth to watch over the humans. They soon begin to lust for human women and, at the prodding of their leader Samyaza, defect en masse to illicitly instruct humanity and procreate among them.

The offspring of these unions are the Nephilim, savage giants who pillage the earth and endanger humanity. Samyaza and his associates further taught their human charges arts and technologies such as weaponry, cosmetics, mirrors, sorcery, and other techniques that would otherwise be discovered gradually over time by humans, not foisted upon them all at once.

Eventually God allows a Great Flood to rid the earth of the Nephilim, but first sends Uriel to warn Noah so as not to eradicate the human race. The watchers are bound "in the valleys of the Earth" until Judgment Day (Jude verse 6 says, "And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.").

The chiefs of tens, listed in the Book of Enoch, are as follows: 7. And these are the names of their leaders: Sêmîazâz, their leader, Arâkîba, Râmêêl, Kôkabîêl, Tâmîêl, Râmîêl, Dânêl, Êzêqêêl, Barâqîjâl, Asâêl, Armârôs, Batârêl, Anânêl, Zaqîêl, Samsâpêêl, Satarêl, Tûrêl, Jômjâêl, Sariêl. 8. These are their chiefs of tens. — R. H. Charles translation, The Book of the Watchers, Chapter VI.

en.wikipedia.org...(angel)
edit on 16-2-2019 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

1 Enoch portrays Azazel as responsible for teaching humans to make weapons and cosmetics, for which he was cast out of heaven. 1 Enoch 2:8 reads: And Azazel taught men to make swords and knives and shields and breastplates; and made known to them the metals [of the earth] and the art of working them; and bracelets and ornaments; and the use of antimony and the beautifying of the eyelids; and all kinds of costly stones and all colouring tinctures.

And there arose much godlessness, and they committed fornication, and they were led astray and became corrupt in all their ways. The corruption brought on by Azazel and the Grigori degrades the human race, and the four archangels (Michael, Gabriel, Raphael, and Uriel) “saw much blood being shed upon the earth and all lawlessness being wrought upon the earth […] The souls of men [made] their suit, saying, "Bring our cause before the Most High; […] Thou seest what Azazel hath done, who hath taught all unrighteousness on earth and revealed the eternal secrets which were in heaven, which men were striving to learn." "

There arose much godlessness and they committed fornication because of the beautifying of the eyelids is the way it reads. Football players wear a thick line of black underneath their eyes because it helps them see when the sun is shining so this could be a possibility. Yet, babies and women who are staying indoors mostly don't need to worry about that. Women wore black around their eyes to look more attractive I'm sure, but why would it rub off on the men and the children. Imitating aliens seems like a possibility at first, but why would they do that when they know for a fact that they're not the aliens? Suppose there were some ancient aliens roaming about, their gods and what not. There'd be very few of them and I don't see why the entire kingdom would have mandatory black eye make up for everyone just because a handful of aliens or gods did.
edit on 2/16/2019 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

Actually they were taught vanity and flippant sexuality and that is the picture plus war and hate and satanic ritual.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Yeah. That's possible. I suppose.

But then, it's possible that it was just a cool look. Trendy. And sultry.

Did you know that stripes seem to repel mosquitoes? I wonder why just a few tropical cultures do it.
royalsocietypublishing.org...

Aliens?

edit on 2/16/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Whoa, wait... what?! Which alphabet? The English alphabet? Not hebrew. Not sumerian cuneiform. Not egyptian hieroglyphs.

Angel is derived from the greek language and alien is derived from latin. There is no gematria or secret code here. The words angel and alien are entirely unrelated.

I star you for your creative efforts anyway though.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: drewlander
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Whoa, wait... what?! Which alphabet? The English alphabet? Not hebrew. Not sumerian cuneiform. Not egyptian hieroglyphs.

Angel is derived from the greek language and alien is derived from latin. There is no gematria or secret code here. The words angel and alien are entirely unrelated.

I star you for your creative efforts anyway though.

Thanks I did think it was fun

Who knows things sometimes are meant to be and twisted paths are really of an order.

Sounds like Angels

c. 1300, "strange, foreign," from Old French alien "strange, foreign;" as a noun, "an alien, stranger, foreigner," from Latin alienus "of or belonging to another, not one's own, foreign, strange," also, as a noun, "a stranger, foreigner," adjective from alius (adv.) "another, other, different," from PIE root *al-
(1) "beyond."

www.etymonline.com...
edit on 16-2-2019 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 05:47 PM
link   

How are we sure they wore any eyeliner? I missed that part.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: r0xor

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

There arose much godlessness and they committed fornication because of the beautifying of the eyelids is the way it reads. Football players wear a thick line of black underneath their eyes because it helps them see when the sun is shining so this could be a possibility. Yet, babies and women who are staying indoors mostly don't need to worry about that. Women wore black around their eyes to look more attractive I'm sure, but why would it rub off on the men and the children. Imitating aliens seems like a possibility at first, but why would they do that when they know for a fact that they're not the aliens? Suppose there were some ancient aliens roaming about, their gods and what not. There'd be very few of them and I don't see why the entire kingdom would have mandatory black eye make up for everyone just because a handful of aliens or gods did.
Perhaps once the aliens had left the Sumerians tried to look like them in an effort to show the aliens how much they revered them in the hopes that would entice them to come back...much the way cargo cults built wooden plane effigies to try and lure back the airplane/god and his magical gifts.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: PhageJust a reminder...wear horizontal stripes on the top and vertical stripes on the bottom...but maybe not simultaneously.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   

edit on 2/16/2019 by MissSmartypants because: Technical error

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: drewlander

How are we sure they wore any eyeliner? I missed that part.
I read it somewhere.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   

I can't recall the source but I remember reading the Etruscan men also wore makeup. It seems something like this would be depicted in their frescoes and art.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: toms54

I can't recall the source but I remember reading the Etruscan men also wore makeup. It seems something like this would be depicted in their frescoes and art.
Thank you for your contribution. I didn't know that.Anthropologists believe the Etruscans wore it because the eyeliner prevented flyborne diseases. And as for the Romans of that time only the women wore makeup.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   
"Did you know that stripes seem to repel mosquitoes? I wonder why just a few tropical cultures do it."

No I did not know that. I have actually never heard that before. I'm a total mosquito magnet, it is so so bad.
If stripes really work that is all that I'm going to wear all summer!!!

BTW. people think Florida has bad mosquitos, I lived there four years and was not bit one time, but here in Wisconsin the mosquitoes are the worst i've ever seen. The little ones are the absolute worst.

Sorry to derail the thread, as to the eyeliner topic. I lean more toward sun protection.
edit on 16-2-2019 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

"Did you know that stripes seem to repel mosquitoes? I wonder why just a few tropical cultures do it."

No I did not know that. I have actually never heard that before. I'm a total mosquito magnet, it is so so bad.
If stripes really work that is all that I'm going to wear all summer!!!

BTW. people think Florida has bad mosquitos, I lived there four years and was not bit one time, but here in Wisconsin the mosquitoes are the worst i've ever seen. The little ones are the absolute worst.

Sorry to derail the thread, as to the eyeliner topic. I lean more toward sun protection.
Perhaps alternating light and dark stripes confuse them as to where to land...so they decide to go after less confusing prey.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Thought they were drones in Alaska first time

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Worst mossies I've seen were in eastern Oregon. High desert.

Who woulda thunk it.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Im being 100% serious. I just want to know in what egyptian document is it written that they used eyeliner, or "kohl"? I always just assumed the eyes were drawn this way to highlight the eyelash.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Worst mossies I've seen were in eastern Oregon. High desert.

Who woulda thunk it.
mossies. You got some aussie in you? Also did not know mosquito didnt like stripes. I may try that.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join