It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Announces 234-Mile Construction Of The Border Wall

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Guiltyguitarist

I guess we both googled differently.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: AProudLefty
a reply to: xuenchen

I googled and your thread was the first result. LMAO.

I googled fake troll accounts and your name popped up first.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

Yes. It is being built. That is a fact. My band mate is in the army Corp of engineers and was talking about it. He tries to stay out of politics. His only comment was he’s going to be stay busy building it and tearing it down then building it again for future presidents.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ker2010

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: AProudLefty

I'm positive.

If you want open borders, just say so.

This bullcrap and subtle attacks at any attempt at border security is annoying.

Just admit you want to destroy America, puddin'.

It's okay to say it. No one will think differently of you.

There is about a dozen or so on ATS who want the same thing, Ive seen maybe 2-3 admit it. The others for some reason just wont say it.

G'day Kerr2010,

I'm half a world away from all this but I have never said it also. My reason from not saying this is I don't qualify for North or South American politics. But in weighing up the pros and cons from both sides. I say, "Build a Wall".

Stop the infux or at least stem it. Create USA jobs in the walls construction. The payoffs will be multi fold. Most of those crossing that border from the south have nothing to offer USA except leeching the hard working people of USA to sustain a living not much above from where they left.

Welfare payments and subscriptions to such cost the USA billions. How about investing, containing and deterring USA wannabees into providing a resource for the country by building a wall. Sure, let those legals in. They should or would have something to offer the states.

There are hard workers, retirees and defenders of the USA, that are, really tired of sustaining bludgers. I say to those looking for a better life don't suck the life out of those who have worked hard.

By all means go to your country of choice, have the paperwork completed and get a job for damn sake. Support yourself. The welfare payments are too generous and while this happens, the flow from South to North will continue.

My thoughts,

kind regards,

bally

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Stop screaming!

Your first question wasn't good in English so that's why it's difficult to understand what you meant.

Anyway, you seriously want me to prove that the wall will increase illegal immigration? Ok let me think... maybe the more walls are added, the more incorporeal the Mexicans will became, thus allowing them to walk through the wall.

Is the answer satisfactory?

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Oh I forgot to say that what if there is a prodigy or a Einstein like person trying to cross? I am not for open borders but we would be kicking ourselves if we missed such an opportunity. Or even a descendent of someone who crosses illegally.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
a reply to: Breakthestreak

They may be prepping the rubber room for her.

Leave nasty Nancy alone. She's trying to enjoy a lovely Thanksgiving.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
As I've been pointing out in various threads since early January, President Trump (Department of Homeland Security) resumed border-wall construction in 2017, after Obama stopped it in 2012.

From 2017 to today, 120 miles have been completed. The only limiting factor has been funding. That is now behind us, thank-Trump.

Latest DHS UPDATE ON WALL CONSTRUCTION: www.dhs.gov...

What gets me are the low-IQ Democrats who still don't know this. They're too blinded by hate and stupidity to learn that resuming Wall Construction, was one of the first acts Donald Trump did after taking office.

Promises Made...Promises Kept.

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP!

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: watchandwait410

Well, maybe that person will remain in their origin country and invent a way to make it better so all his/her people wont come here illegally.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   

You're a wonderful representative for people with learning disabilities.

I'd give you a hug because now I just feel sorry for you.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Nancy Pelosi's Thanksgiving Day home gallery....

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: bally001

I'm positive.

There is about a dozen or so on ATS who want the same thing, Ive seen maybe 2-3 admit it. The others for some reason just wont say it.

G'day Kerr2010,

I'm half a world away from all this but I have never said it also. My reason from not saying this is I don't qualify for North or South American politics. But in weighing up the pros and cons from both sides. I say, "Build a Wall".

Stop the infux or at least stem it. Create USA jobs in the walls construction. The payoffs will be multi fold. Most of those crossing that border from the south have nothing to offer USA except leeching the hard working people of USA to sustain a living not much above from where they left.

Welfare payments and subscriptions to such cost the USA billions. How about investing, containing and deterring USA wannabees into providing a resource for the country by building a wall. Sure, let those legals in. They should or would have something to offer the states.

There are hard workers, retirees and defenders of the USA, that are, really tired of sustaining bludgers. I say to those looking for a better life don't suck the life out of those who have worked hard.

By all means go to your country of choice, have the paperwork completed and get a job for damn sake. Support yourself. The welfare payments are too generous and while this happens, the flow from South to North will continue.

My thoughts,

kind regards,

bally

Great reply and agree 100%. We are not getting brain surgeons, rocket scientist, inventors, entrepreneurs . We are getting mostly unskilled workers, and most have low IQ and education as well. They cost this country billions more than they give in sales tax.

As for them doing work others wont do. Im 44, when I was 16 I was able to get a job that payed cash in the summer priming and pushing in tobacco for local farmers. It was hard and very dirty work but I did it because the pay was good to me at that age and having cash every week was nice. Id be able to buy me some NES games.

My father did the same when he was young. So this thing that Americans wont do the work is BS. Some will, you may have to pay them more but so be it.

edit on 16-2-2019 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 07:17 PM
link   

You typed a question in bad English and you tell me I have a learning disability?

Do you remember that I replied to you with a graph? Did you look at it? The graph shows you that the wall has been working. Why would I show it to you if I don't think the wall works?

Here's the graph again:

Look at it. I suggest wearing a 5 inch thick glasses to look at it. Study it. It shows that the crossings have been going down since the start of Obama administration, which you denied because he's a Democrat.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Oh wonderful.

I'm glad to see that you support Trump.

Good on you skipper.

Good one you.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   
There's a very good reason Trump is moving so fast right now. It's in 50 USC § 1622:

(a) Termination methodsAny national emergency declared by the President in accordance with this subchapter shall terminate if—
    (1) there is enacted into law a joint resolution terminating the emergency; or

(2) the President issues a proclamation terminating the emergency.

Any national emergency declared by the President shall be terminated on the date specified in any joint resolution referred to in clause (1) or on the date specified in a proclamation by the President terminating the emergency as provided in clause (2) of this subsection, whichever date is earlier, and any powers or authorities exercised by reason of said emergency shall cease to be exercised after such specified date, except that such termination shall not affect—

(A) any action taken or proceeding pending not finally concluded or determined on such date;

(B) any action or proceeding based on any act committed prior to such date; or

(C) any rights or duties that matured or penalties that were incurred prior to such date.

As per 50 USC § 1622, any action commenced before the National Emergency Declaration is terminated shall be allowed to continue. Any part of the wall that Trump commences before Congress can pass a joint resolution, before a Federal Judge can issue a restraining order, or before any other reason for termination must be allowed to continue.

As for the lawsuits, sure, a Federal judge can probably be found that will ignore the following, but as per law, 50 USC § 1621:

(a) With respect to Acts of Congress authorizing the exercise, during the period of a national emergency, of any special or extraordinary power, the President is authorized to declare such national emergency. Such proclamation shall immediately be transmitted to the Congress and published in the Federal Register.

(b) Any provisions of law conferring powers and authorities to be exercised during a national emergency shall be effective and remain in effect (1) only when the President (in accordance with subsection (a) of this section), specifically declares a national emergency, and (2) only in accordance with this chapter. No law enacted after September 14, 1976, shall supersede this subchapter unless it does so in specific terms, referring to this subchapter, and declaring that the new law supersedes the provisions of this subchapter.

In simple terms for the legal-impaired, the President has the right to declare a National Emergency without limits. Congress can terminate any National Emergency by passing a resolution, but such termination will not affect any process that has commenced. Congress can also not override this section unless the section is specifically amended... in other words, the only way to stop the wall now is for Congress to pass a resolution before any claim of eminent domain is issued... and we have a split Congress that can't even put a budget together!

Most of the judicial decrees I have seen so far come down to separation of powers being violated. That does not apply here, since the statute itself directly specifies the powers of both the Executive and Legislative branches.

Ladies and gentlemen, behold! A wall cometh!

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 07:20 PM
link   

What does supporting Trump have to do with anything? Are you saying that you are now supporting Obama because he helped with building more walls, reducing the crossings?

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: BoscoMoney
a reply to: watchandwait410

Well, maybe that person will remain in their origin country and invent a way to make it better so all his/her people wont come here illegally.

So you would rather have such a person making money and or discoveries for a Country that wouldn't know what to do with a Theory of Everything? And Einstein gave way for nukes so if someone found a Theory of Everything then the Country the person was in would surpass the U.S. at least that is what I think.

Or the U.S. would spy on such a person and get the discovery anyway making what I said pointless.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: AProudLefty

What does supporting Trump have to do with anything? Are you saying that you are now supporting Obama because he helped with building more walls, reducing the crossings?

Are you on drugs?

Seek help or stop posting.

I'm for border security.

I once capitalized it but apparently it confused you.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: bally001

I'm positive.

G'day Kerr2010,

My thoughts,

kind regards,

bally

Great reply and agree 100%. We are not getting brain surgeons, rocket scientist, inventors, entrepreneurs . We are getting mostly unskilled workers, and most have low IQ and education as well. They cost this country billions more than they give in sales tax.

As for them doing work others wont do. Im 44, when I was 16 I was able to get a job that payed cash in the summer priming and pushing in tobacco for local farmers. It was hard and very dirty work but I did it because the pay was good to me at that age and having cash every week was nice. Id be able to buy me some NES games.

My father did the same when he was young. So this thing that Americans wont do the work is BS. Some will, you may have to pay them more but so be it.

I'll reply in kind,

You hit the nail on the head.

My regards to you,

bally

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical
So you are all in favor of stealing property from citizens? That is the only way they can build the wall. It is also the only reason why it has not already been built. Courts have sided with the property owners repeatedly and will again. The Trump wall will never be built, as least where these properties are concerned. The unwalled sections of the border account for a small % of illegal entries into the USA. We should be tearing down fences and not putting up new ones.
'
"tearing down fences?" So you are an open border person? Could you give me an example of how open borders here might work?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join