It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Announces 234-Mile Construction Of The Border Wall

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: AProudLefty

Good the wall will help ensure it stays that way!! YAY!

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   
As I've been pointing out in various threads since early January, President Trump (Department of Homeland Security) resumed border-wall construction in 2017, after Obama stopped it in 2012.

From 2017 to today, 120 miles have been completed. The only limiting factor has been funding. That is now behind us, thank-Trump.

Latest DHS UPDATE ON WALL CONSTRUCTION: www.dhs.gov...

What gets me are the low-IQ Democrats who still don't know this. They're too blinded by hate and stupidity to learn that resuming Wall Construction, was one of the first acts Donald Trump did after taking office.

Promises Made...Promises Kept.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ker2010

Exactly. Hire more agents. Build additional and better technology.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 06:43 PM
link   

I'm positive.

If you want open borders, just say so.

This bullcrap and subtle attacks at any attempt at border security is annoying.

Just admit you want to destroy America, puddin'.

It's okay to say it. No one will think differently of you.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   
You're all so unbelievably delusional it's as frightening as it is alarming, This 'Wall' isn't ever going to be built. You can take that to the bank. Just cause Trump say it doesn't make it real. As a matter of fact, if the lot of you could scrape together enough intellectual honesty to look at what has actually transpired you'll see quite clearly that when Trump says something it's rarely ever true.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I'm positive.

If you want open borders, just say so.

This bullcrap and subtle attacks at any attempt at border security is annoying.

Just admit you want to destroy America, puddin'.

It's okay to say it. No one will think differently of you.

There is about a dozen or so on ATS who want the same thing, Ive seen maybe 2-3 admit it. The others for some reason just wont say it.
edit on 16-2-2019 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I posted a graph right in your face and you're still positive? Wow.

Do you want me to say that I want open borders to make you happy with your rightist narrative? Because then that means you want me to lie for you to make you happy.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   
winning. Again, again and again

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   
You all have such passion which I wish I had for pretty much anything. Though misdirected it may be. - paraphrased from Field of Dreams
edit on 16-2-2019 by watchandwait410 because: (no reason given)

link   
Thankfully, most peoples(government included) idea about border security isn't so one dimensional as some peoples own understanding.

It's not a one or another, it's not "we're building the wall, and doing absolutely nothing else, nope nothing".

It's called COMPREHENSIVE security measures. The wall is just one of multiple points.

Jesus, it blows my mind how dull some peoples minds can be.

link   

originally posted by: jtma508
You're all so unbelievably delusional it's as frightening as it is alarming, This 'Wall' isn't ever going to be built. You can take that to the bank. Just cause Trump say it doesn't make it real. As a matter of fact, if the lot of you could scrape together enough intellectual honesty to look at what has actually transpired you'll see quite clearly that when Trump says something it's rarely ever true.

Delusional lol Trump isn't getting impeached, no evidence of collusion, and wall being built. Trump has handed out so many Ls to you leftist you're running out of room to store them.

You are like the bully in HS who has gotten his ass kicked several times but just doesn't learn and continues to pester people. The little bubble of made up fantasy you leftist live in doesn't negate the fact Trump has made DOZENS of you look like fools here on ATS.

You guys have the same track record as Doomsday prediction threads have had on ATS. Let that sink in!!! LMAO

In fact its very comical, Sillyolme and most of you are like Planet X freaks used to be here. Just wait tis coming, wait for it its coming, just wait!
edit on 16-2-2019 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: jtma508

Now THIS is awesome.
It’s heartwarming to know there are morons like this out there. Holding on to their media-fed reality like the rest of the world doesn’t exist.

“You can take that to the bank”, ha ha haaaa. I hope you get the chance to drive down there and see the magnificent wall someday.

It IS being built already. This latest announcement is just ADDING another 234 miles to it.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Tell you what.

Prove to me that a wall will be worse for illegal immigration and I'll reconsider.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Prove to me that a wall will be worse for illegal immigration

Isn't that your position or am I misunderstanding you?

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical
So you are all in favor of stealing property from citizens? That is the only way they can build the wall. It is also the only reason why it has not already been built. Courts have sided with the property owners repeatedly and will again. The Trump wall will never be built, as least where these properties are concerned. The unwalled sections of the border account for a small % of illegal entries into the USA. We should be tearing down fences and not putting up new ones.

Most property line have an easement.
There is also eminent domain.

So yeah, the owners can deal with it like the rest of us.

Eminent domain cases can take years. Some ranchers in Texas use the Rio Grande as their only source of water for their herds. Law suits are in the works....

www.dallasnews.com...

www.denverpost.com...

www.usatoday.com...

I expect the "wall" will be a chain link fence on the long flat stretches and non existent on the rough high ground.

In the case of the border wall the only point of law which can realistically be challenged is the price. The price for the easement can be litigated while the easement is granted. That’s how this eminent domain will work.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: AProudLefty
a reply to: xuenchen

I googled and your thread was the first result. LMAO.

I googled and the Washington examiner was the first result. I didn’t even see this thread on the page. Weird.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist

a reply to: xuenchen

I googled and your thread was the first result. LMAO.

I googled and the Washington examiner was the first result. I didn’t even see this thread on the page. Weird.

He might still have the old CTR plugin installed on his browser.

Surprised it still works.....

link   
a reply to: jtma508

They are building THE WALL

THE WALL is being built

Bwaaaaahahahaha

🤣🚬

link   

Prove to me that a wall will be worse for illegal immigration

Isn't that your position or am I misunderstanding you?

TELL ME HOW A WALL WILL INCREASE ILLEGAL ALIENS COMING INTO THE COUNTRY.

link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: olaru12

Yeah I know the wall will not stop drugs or illegal immigrants.
But the dems won't even try so build the damn wall.

Money would be better spent on more BP officers and technology.

Here's an idea...actually prosecute corporations that hire illegals instead of the usual slap on the wrist fine. But I think we both know that won't happen...follow the money with the profit incentive.

It's just a dog and pony show for the low info right wingers that make up the trump base. Cheap Mexican labor is American as apple pie and pizza!!!

DUDE - it is being spent on all of that.

Where - where are you getting the idea the plan is just to build a wall??

SERIOUSLY WHERE? CNN? MSNBC? The entire plan is based of the border patrols recommendations, not some blueprint Trump drew on a napkin.

23 billion just got approved for border security in this new budget. The dems agreed to more drug detection equipment, more detention facilities etc.

Just because Trump just talks about the wall - does not mean he or anyone in government just thinks the answer is a wall - It's a symbol. A simple way to talk about border security that everyone can understand. But the wall is just one part - a very important part, but it is just a part.

Saying detection is a better way to spend is incorrect. You can detect a truck driving across the border, but as fast as it moves that does not mean you can catch it before it drives into a sanctuary city. You have to have a barrier and detection but neither works well without the other.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join