It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Announces 234-Mile Construction Of The Border Wall

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
That’s EIGHT billion.

With a ‘B’. And it’s just the beginning.

Has Pelosi committed suicide yet?

Well 2 days ago she wished everybody a Happy Thanksgiving 😎

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: AProudLefty
a reply to: xuenchen

I googled and your thread was the first result. LMAO.

It's RIGGED !!!!!😎

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical
So you are all in favor of stealing property from citizens? That is the only way they can build the wall. It is also the only reason why it has not already been built. Courts have sided with the property owners repeatedly and will again. The Trump wall will never be built, as least where these properties are concerned. The unwalled sections of the border account for a small % of illegal entries into the USA. We should be tearing down fences and not putting up new ones.

Most property line have an easement.
There is also eminent domain.

So yeah, the owners can deal with it like the rest of us.

Eminent domain cases can take years. Some ranchers in Texas use the Rio Grande as their only source of water for their herds. Law suits are in the works....

www.dallasnews.com...

www.denverpost.com...

www.usatoday.com...

I expect the "wall" will be a chain link fence on the long flat stretches and non existent on the rough high ground.

edit on 16-2-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

That's where the "National Emergency" part comes in.

Helps move things along quicker.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

So you are all in favor of stealing property from citizens? That is the only way they can build the wall. It is also the only reason why it has not already been built. Courts have sided with the property owners repeatedly and will again. The Trump wall will never be built, as least where these properties are concerned. The unwalled sections of the border account for a small % of illegal entries into the USA. We should be tearing down fences and not putting up new ones.

Eminent domain cases can take years. Some ranchers in Texas use the Rio Grande as their only source of water for their herds. Law suits are in the works....

www.dallasnews.com...

www.denverpost.com...

www.usatoday.com...

Ha ha haaaaa.
Not gonna happen. The wall will be built before they see the inside of a court house.

It’s a National Emergency

Nice try though.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: CraigMon
Our border is under federal control, so any property owner has no choice but to allow a fence to be built.

The rights of one person weighed against the rights of a nation demanding secure borders must be ignored.

If you are so against fences, are you for removing prison fences? Toxic waste dump fences? Nuclear plant fences?

How about the fence around your property?

a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

Problem is the border wall is not right on the border in many areas because of terrain issues, flood plains, or logistics. So the government has been building it back from the line. In some places US citizens land is between the wall and the border.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   
ATS's third year kindergarten channel I presume, such a load of really childlike replies bar one, on a story by, er um, unknown sources ...known as Donald Trump through his local pimp at the N E toiletpaper magazine.

There is some consistency though, and that is Trump will be using someone else's money, as he always has.....and it ain't Mexico's.....
Hilarious, Trump thieving under your noses and ya ain't got the wit to realise it, one born everyday....

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   

www.dallasnews.com...

www.denverpost.com...

www.usatoday.com...

Ha ha haaaaa.
Not gonna happen. The wall will be built before they see the inside of a court house.

Nice try though.

Except the National Emergency EO will also be challenged in the courts. Even trumps own lawyers admit that.

www.rawstory.com...

www.usatoday.com...

thehill.com...

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Gods!

So many people butthurt over border security.

You can't make this crap up!

lolz

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Gods!

lolz

Not me, I'm all for high tech sensors, many more border patrol officers and drones armed with atomic bombs.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   

www.dallasnews.com...

www.denverpost.com...

www.usatoday.com...

Ha ha haaaaa.

Nice try though.

Except the National Emergency EO will also be challenged in the courts. Even trumps own lawyers admit that.

www.rawstory.com...

www.usatoday.com...

thehill.com...

I don't think he's worried. He brought that up in the press conference the other day (was it yesterday? Been a busy week for me...it's all one long day) I love Trump without a teleprompter and that address was a perfect reason why. Calling out the reporters/stations and doing the non-politician thing is one of my favorite aspects of him as a president. I don't agree with everything he says and I have to laugh at some of the sh!t that comes out of his mouth, but if he's actually doing half of what he claims, I can't do anything but give my support in his direction. I just love the non-PC approach he takes to things and while I believe that being a little more 'presidential' would go a long way in regards to keeping the peace among the haters, I hope to see that approach carry on after he's finished his term(s).

I'm more for the wall than I am against it. I don't think it's going to be as effective as the bigger Trump fans are claiming, but any dent we can make in the cost of illegal aliens is a good one as far as I'm concerned. That said, if it were my land that were being taken away for this, I'd be pissed, unless it came with a nice payout.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

WOOOOOOO! Enjoy your shiny new wall buddy!

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I prefer trebuchets. It's more fun to watch them toss those buggers over the wall.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Drucifer

There are some technical aspects with the wall that are big glitches...like this one.

billion dollar steel wall cut thru with a 150 usd saws all...

www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Waves in the direction of California......bye bye penis!

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I wonder if the cartels will hit any of the Democrats that they paid off to keep the wall from being constructed. I am surprised we don't investigate their payoffs as collusion.

There is no sane reason to oppose the border wall or stronger border protection. At least no sane reason for someone who represents the best interest of American citizens.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 05:47 PM
link   

There are some technical aspects with the wall that are big glitches...like this one.

www.nbcnews.com...

At least they had to buy a saw....

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   

www.nbcnews.com...

At least they had to buy a saw....

The cartels have big drones for the nasty packages. Border patrol should get some as well and televise the border drone fights on ESPN. Or PPV streams.

I understand the "Wall" is trumps symbol but the taxpayers money could be better spent with high tech and more BP agents.

This is interesting....

I like the Black Fly

www.cnbc.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Gods!

lolz

But remember they claim to not want open borders. I mean seriously how could so many people be butt hurt about national security and walling along our border? Its almost like they don't care for the USA as a sovereign nation.

Ohh well boo hoo to them.

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 06:02 PM
link   

www.nbcnews.com...

I am so sick of stupid arguments like this.

Let me try and explain this because apparently simple logic does not work with Trump haters.

NOBODY - NOBODY claims the wall is going to be 100% effective at stopping people. It is not even intended to be.
What it is intended to do is slow people down long enough for the border patrol to catch them.

Using a ladder, or cutting through it, or digging a tunnel under it all take time - time for them to be detected by the border patrol and arrested.

Instead of posting these ridiculous your wall won't work cause blah blah blah - try to actually think. The border patrol is the ones that want the walls.

Just like walls at prisons can be climbed over they are there to slow the prisoners down before the guards can stop them.

THINK Dammit. This country shouldn't be this stupid.

edit on 16-2-2019 by proximo because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join