It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Announces 234-Mile Construction Of The Border Wall

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Toothache

The problem is, this isn't even close to a national emergency. It's Trump being a bully and baby to get what he wants.

Can we not say the same thing for Nancy and Chuck being bullies and babies in not doing what they should because they are worried about 2020? They are forcing Trump to do something they have the power to prevent, and some how that is OK with you...

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Thankyou president trump.

Maybe in the future, if there are attacks on America, this wall will help

The wall should resemble the great wall of China and should be a vacation spot for real people.

Look at the great wall of China.....its nothing but amazing...how did they build on those mountains.?

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Democrats are scrambling to protect the pay-offs and graft from smuggling cartel

Have you ever started a thread with any reality in it?

Just asking because all I ever see is garbage lies and stupidity.

And you dont even mind it seems.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Because his actions suggest it isn’t an emergency he’s using the statute to go around congress not because of an actual emergency.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Where in the law does it specify what constitutes an "emergency"?

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Emergencies must be urgent, trump has not acted with any sense of urgency on this. Furthermore billions have already been authorized for his wall and he hasn’t even spent them. He’s currently got something like 3 billion earmarked (not counting recent weeks) and he’s had this money for 1.5 years yet 94% of it hasn’t been spent or even allocated to spending. That suggests it isn’t an emergency.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Oh, really? Can you explain to me then why Executive Order 13664, declaring a National Emergency in order to "Block Property of Certain Persons With Respect to South Sudan" was "urgent"? There's a few dozen more I could mention as well, but we don't have to hash all that out if you can just point out where in the law it states a National Emergency must be urgent.

As for the billions authorized but not spent, Trump has already addressed that. Those billions were specified for repair only and could not be used for new construction (until now, possibly). The repairs were made and there was money left which was unable to be used because of the restrictions Congress placed on it. It's like giving a starving man a VISA gift card with $10,000 on it that cannot be used for food.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

Emergencies must be urgent, trump has not acted with any sense of urgency on this. Furthermore billions have already been authorized for his wall and he hasn’t even spent them. He’s currently got something like 3 billion earmarked (not counting recent weeks) and he’s had this money for 1.5 years yet 94% of it hasn’t been spent or even allocated to spending. That suggests it isn’t an emergency.

No urgency besides sending National Guard and Active Duty Military LOL 😆

60,000 people a month apprehended by Border Agents LOL 😆

No emergency 😆

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical
So you are all in favor of stealing property from citizens? That is the only way they can build the wall. It is also the only reason why it has not already been built. Courts have sided with the property owners repeatedly and will again. The Trump wall will never be built, as least where these properties are concerned. The unwalled sections of the border account for a small % of illegal entries into the USA. We should be tearing down fences and not putting up new ones.

Most property line have an easement.
There is also eminent domain.

So yeah, the owners can deal with it like the rest of us.

There is precedent. The "Roosevelt Easement" doesn't guarantee land seizure will be successful.

In 2009, the Homeland Security inspector general concluded that the Border Patrol had “achieved [its] progress primarily in areas where environmental and real estate issues did not cause significant delay.” One intransigent resident had owned his property since before the “Roosevelt easement,” which gives the federal government a 60-foot right of way along the border. He fought the administration, so the fence had until recently a 1.2-mile gap on his land. Border residents fought more than a third of all land transfers, in fact. Because the Constitution promises just compensation for takings, Trump can do little to speed this process.

The Bush administration bullied property owners, threatening to sue them if they did not “voluntarily” hand over the rights to their land. It offered no compensation for doing so. Thinking that they had no recourse, some people signed off, but others refused. The government then attempted to use eminent domain, a procedure Trump has long defended, to seize their property, but the lawsuits imposed serious delays-seven years in one case.

Why the Wall Won’t Work

7 year delay....

In Texas, the land along the border is owned by private land owners unlike Cali. Arizona and New Mexico where border land is mostly federally owned. The POTUS will have a big fight on his hands if he tries to steal land from Texas land owners.

I find it very telling that Republicans are so willing to let the Federal Government steal land from people.
edit on 18-2-2019 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blarneystoner

I find it very telling that Republicans are so willing to let the Federal Government steal land from people.

Why? Its ok when Republicans do it but bad when Democrats do it, simple really.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   

All trump has done since declaring it is play golf, it’s clearly not a big enough emergency for him to actually spend time in the office

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Do you expect the President to be there pouring concrete?

He's done his job... he declared the National Emergency to acquire funding for construction. He's instructed his Cabinet to take the appropriate steps. Now it's a question of putting out bid proposals and arranging for construction to begin. Others do that.

When Congress was looking at a government shutdown, the Democrats went fundraising/vacationing in Puerto Rico... then Pelosi went to Hawaii on vacation... then she tried to take a little jaunt to the Middle East to "thank the troops." Why wasn't she in Washington DC like Trump was? Her job wasn't finished. Trump's is, for the time being.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   

All trump has done since declaring it is play golf, it’s clearly not a big enough emergency for him to actually spend time in the office

👆best joke so far lol☝️

He met with a 3-Star General from the Army Corps of Engineers later that day 😆

The Wall is Coming !!!!

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   
hmmmm..... 2 years into his term and he’s just now calling it a national emergency?? Also, I didn’t realize funding for dod, homeland security and every other budget he’s stealing from came in pesos from Mexico.
Trumpanzees are so gullible

edit on 18-2-2019 by Abbby because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   

He's done his job... he declared the National Emergency to acquire funding for construction. He's instructed his Cabinet to take the appropriate steps. Now it's a question of putting out bid proposals and arranging for construction to begin. Others do that.

And hiring attorneys to deal with the property rights and immanent domain lawsuits; this could take years....Even the BLM is saying "not so fast" much of our land is leased to private individuals and businesses/corporations, with long term contracts with the government.

Even trumps "state of emergency" declaration will face long drawn out legal challenges.

None of the wall prototypes have been approved and many fail the design requirements. btw, I have applied for vendor status with the GSA and they haven't even run my background clearance papers yet and it's been over a year.

Can O worms to say the least. It's astonishing how many members are so naive as to how a bureaucracy works.
edit on 18-2-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

👆best joke so far lol☝️

He met with a 3-Star General from the Army Corps of Engineers later that day 😆

The Wall is Coming !!!!

Fence*

200 miles of it. Paid for by you.

Lol.

I love how you all continue to parrot his propaganda and call it a wall.

It's a fence.

He's a failed negotiator. He's failed miserably every step of the way.

234 miles of a fence and you're a doing a victory dance xD

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I'm curious, where does the money come from for this project. I'm not against him securing the borders of his nation, that's good and all, but where do you scratch up 8bn?

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I'm curious, where does the money come from for this project. I'm not against him securing the borders of his nation, that's good and all, but where do you scratch up 8bn?

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: just2cents

I think trump mentioned Mexico.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join