It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Announces 234-Mile Construction Of The Border Wall

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   
CNN host at 4:50pm today: Breaking News in to CNN right now.. California is SUING TRUMP over his National Disaster declaration!!!!

Guest who was on at that moment: The President told us on Friday that he expected this. This is news, but not worth getting excited over. There will be other states joining California, and the President will ultimately win in the Supreme Court.

CNN host: No No...this significant, because Blah Blah Blah !!

As time passes, the "feeling" that CNN leadership is involved with criminal behavior, becomes stronger. President Trump's administration is cracking down on criminals in lofty places, who thought they would remain safe under Hillary. (Pedos, Trafficking, Drugs, Bribes, $$ laundering, etc..)

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

President Trump's administration is cracking down on criminals in lofty places, who thought they would remain safe under Hillary. (Pedos, Trafficking, Drugs, Bribes, $$ laundering, etc..)

I think the wall has about as much of a chance of being built as H. Clinton does of being indited by the trump WH.

I remember the chants of "lock her up" during the campaign....what's taking so long?

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Breakthestreak

Oh my,,,, can I ask you a question?

On what planet?

trump is laughed at by Europe and hated by many Americans. He never got the popular vote and his numbers continue to fall.

The highly biased popular vote where 3-4 states would rule everyone else. So what does that say? Your majority is the actual minority because 4 states should not have that much power.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: fredrodgers1960

The story I just linked talks about a man whos land will be cut in half depriving his cattle access to the Rio Grande and cut him off from a rental property and half his barn. Thats his livelyhood right there.
He is not for the wall.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 06:57 PM
link   

So California is going to sue the Trump administration because they... what? Followed the law?

With respect to Acts of Congress authorizing the exercise, during the period of a national emergency, of any special or extraordinary power, the President is authorized to declare such national emergency. Such proclamation shall immediately be transmitted to the Congress and published in the Federal Register.
50 USC § 1621.

I'm sure the 9th Circuit can come up with a judge willing to override Federal law, but it should be interesting to watch...

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   

You seem to watch a lot of cnn.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I remember story after story after story proclamation impeachment was forthcoming. Whats taking so long?

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
a reply to: xuenchen

Brilliant businessman, he found the way to get the money to do it.

Ahh yes, taking illegal actions to siphon money. Certainly the way he's used his businesses.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical
So you are all in favor of stealing property from citizens? That is the only way they can build the wall. It is also the only reason why it has not already been built. Courts have sided with the property owners repeatedly and will again. The Trump wall will never be built, as least where these properties are concerned. The unwalled sections of the border account for a small % of illegal entries into the USA. We should be tearing down fences and not putting up new ones.

Trumps goal isn't to build the wall. It's to get a multi billion dollar slush fund.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchandwait410
I am not for the wall because we are not China and it is the twenty first centaury. Also what happens if we need to flee to Mexico due to a catastrophe like in the movie The Day After Tomorrow? The wall will screw us... possibly.

I just think we can stop the flow in some other way. It is 2019, don't we have the technology? If not then in a decade we can just have roboguards at the border.

The wall is a solution for a non existent problem. Only 3% of total illegal immigration comes through the areas the wall runs through. The wall itself will only stop about 1/3 of that, or 1% of total illegals.

If these people were serious about illegal immigration they would be looking closely at those who hold work visas, particularly from Asia. But it's much easier to just make racist comments about Mexicans.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ker2010
a reply to: watchandwait410

Do tell what Tech is gonna stop someone from crossing a unsecured border? The drone fly's over spots them by the time border control gets there they are long gone and all you have is a nice video of them.

You have to have an obstacle to slow them down, I do believe most people know this and are just disingenuous and will not go ahead and admit they themselves don't mind illegals invading our country and by passing our immigration laws and process.

I don't mind illegals at all, the fact that we have any illegals is proof that our immigration system is flawed. This country is about accepting anyone who wants to come here and better their lives. Let them do so.

That said, if you do want to crack down on illegals... targeting the areas where most come through seems to make a lot more sense than targeting the areas where they're virtually none.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ker2010
What I find interesting is the Democrats said they want border security but just not a wall. In that bill if im not mistaken there really wasn't much of anything for border security.

So logic dictates they do in fact not care about securing the border with a wall OR without one. Now is it just because they don't wanna give Trump a win, they want voters, or more profitable reasons? Makes you think.

It authorized 1.35 billion for border security. Why give more than that, when they authorized 1.6 billion last year and 94% of that hasn't yet been spent, and 60% of it hasn't even been earmarked for anything?

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 10:49 PM
link   
LOL, this will be nixed before anything happens.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

taking illegal actions to siphon money.

How is following the law, specifically 50 USC § 1621, illegal?

You do know what illegal means? Merriam-Webster defines it as

not according to or authorized by law

50 USC § 1621 specifically authorizes the President to declare a National Emergency and take actions such as the ones he is taking.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

The problem is, this isn't even close to a national emergency. It's Trump being a bully and baby to get what he wants.
edit on 17-2-2019 by Toothache because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

Stealing property ? You do know nobody actually owns their land right the gov has the right to eminent domain on your land when they want and all they got to do is give you what they consider to be fair market value. Been this way for decades if you referring the DoD money they using its not being stole as commander in chief he can choose to redirect money's there as needed. And remember the DoD has along history of disappearing money remember 9/10 most people do not well Donald Rumsfeld was in front of Congress trying to explain how the DoD lost over 2 trillion dollars and we all know what happened the next day with the saudis.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Toothache

Naw, this is The President doing what he was elected to do. The fact that you dont like that is IRRELEVANT.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Toothache

The problem is, this isn't even close to a national emergency. It's Trump being a bully and baby to get what he wants.

I'm sorry; are you the President?

You must be, since the law is written so that the President makes the decisions on what does and does not constitute a National Emergency. Please forgive me; all this time I thought Donald Trump won the election.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
a reply to: Sillyolme

This should work.

Looks like the rancher has 20 sheep lol

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Hey did that incel cut his penis off yet?

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join