It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Announces 234-Mile Construction Of The Border Wall

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: fredrodgers1960

The story I just linked talks about a man whos land will be cut in half depriving his cattle access to the Rio Grande and cut him off from a rental property and half his barn. Thats his livelyhood right there.
He is not for the wall.

And yet, he’s getting The Wall.

Ha haaaa.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: fencesitter85

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

originally posted by: AProudLefty
a reply to: Breakthestreak

You don’t get around much then do you?

Oh you're regular Marco Polo? I bet you played that swimming game all the time when you were young.

Yep. I am.
Yep. I did.
And?

It still stands that the United States President is a widely respected and liked individual among the vast majority of western-nation citizens.

Just not by their fascist leaders. Who will very soon be all gone and replaced with more populist Leaders like President Trump.

Make Earth Great Again

If you think that's true, I suggest you get your news from somewhere other than fox. He's a global laughing stock.

I get around. I KNOW it’s true.
He’s well respected and liked by almost every person apart from media outlet owners and fascist liberal government leaders.

You know it too.

You’re in a VERY small minority

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

It still stands that the United States President is a widely respected and liked individual among the vast majority of western-nation citizens.

Just not by their fascist leaders. Who will very soon be all gone and replaced with more populist Leaders like President Trump.

are you kidding??? Yuh must have been talking to the local village ejits et al.

Trump's ratings continue to fall dramatically in Europe as a whole after a median of 30% last year, the Americas are even worse overall...Germany tops the Euro poll. Trump is despised in most countries.....Jeez, some people just talk shiite for effect.

“Germany tops the poll”

Yeah, I wouldn’t put any faith in that poll.

He’s loved and respected. By the VAST majority of western civilisation. Just not by their so called leaders and media hacks.

Sorry little guy, you’re in the minority

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to: xuenchen

www.washingtonpost.com...

Thats the address.

This is where they want to put the wall,” Fred said, tracing his finger along the line. “They want to divide the property in half and cut us off from the river.”

It seemed to Fred that the government was interested only in a thin strip of land running across the width of his property, just wide enough to build a wall, leaving the Cavazos family with land on both sides. But even if they lost only a few acres of land to the 30-foot wall, the barrier would sever the property in half and make it difficult for anyone to access the riverfront. The map didn’t show a gate or a door, and Fred wondered how they would travel from one side of the property to the other.

” In the three years since Donald Trump announced his presidential campaign with a promise to build a “great, great wall,” Fred had tried to dismiss the idea as an easy applause line, a fantasy both too expensive and too complex to become reality. Texas alone has more than 1,200 miles of border, much of it similar in nature to the Cavazos’s land: rugged, remote, unfenced and privately owned.

“What kind of choice are they giving us?” Fred said now, staring at the map. “We let them have them access, or they take it. Either way, we lose.

I hope the link works. There is a little family history included.
If the link doesnt work the title of the story is "Trump’s border wall threatens to end Texas family’s 250 years of ranching on Rio Grande at the Washington Post."

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Sorry that link wont work but the story is there if you search.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Lets not count those chickens just yet.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Sorry that link wont work but the story is there if you search.

🤣snicker snicker🤣

No workie

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   

That is not true. No where near true.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   

The story I just linked talks about a man whos land will be cut in half depriving his cattle access to the Rio Grande and cut him off from a rental property and half his barn. Thats his livelyhood right there.
He is not for the wall.

Your story doesn't link correctly. Here is what I don't understand, I don't think the man owns land on both sides of the border, so do you have a Google satellite image of what you are talking about? This here is very typical of what the border looks like near human habitation.

Its pretty much a repeating pattern of a wide road on our side along the border, so I'm not sure how his barn would be in the way as if he built it on the river bank...

Anyhow, even if we built a special access at his ranch it would still do what the wall is intended to do and that is to funnel people into small single point accesses such as ladders, tunnels etc instead of random crossings across 100s of miles. His ranch would be such a single assess point that can be easily monitored just like 1000 people all trying to get over on a few ladders...

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

We both admire his non-walled borderline disorder in a very inverted way. Don't be silly, Silly! We can still disagree on the things we actually disagree on... not in this thread though. Walk away and wear that smirk with pride, we're good.

LOL indeed.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   

This should work.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Trump has my support, but I can't agree that he's widely loved and respected by the masses. By conservatives and republicans, sure, but that's pretty much where it ends. The guy has been a punching bag since before he took office and despite the good he's done for our country, he remains to be so.

Like I said, I support the guy, but I haven't seen one bit of evidence that he's a favorite for the majority of people.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   

From your link (I finally found it)...

It seemed to Fred that the government was interested only in a thin strip of land running across the width of his property, just wide enough to build a wall, leaving the Cavazos family with land on both sides.

Fred is a Mexican citizen, not an American citizen, descended from the ruling class of Mexico. I'd bet money he's been helping illegals come across.

Before the 1910 Mexican Revolution that overthrew Porfirio Díaz, most of the land was owned by a single elite ruling class.
Source: en.wikipedia.org...

Fred is claiming that his family has owned the land since circa 1769... which means whoever in his ancestry was granted the land was part of the ruling class of Mexico.

Americans living on the border want the wall. I don't care what Mexican citizens want.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Congratulations. Now you also need undersea wall to stop cartels from using submarines and anti drone batteries all around.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 04:53 PM
link   
THERE.....IS.....NO......WA.....oh never mind, you people have had your brain washed, rinsed, dried, and folded.....

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Disagree completely. If walls don’t work why does the White House have a wall keeping the people out? Because of just anyone was allowed to enter unchecked there’s no telling what kind of evil they could do. I don’t hear anyone advocating for that wall to come down. That’s just one example. Im sure we could find many more. a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: cpnorrisjr3

True.

Beto O'Rourke wants to tear down the wall between El Paso and Juarez. How long do you think it would take for El Paso to turn into a sh**hole like Juarez?

edit on 17-2-2019 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   
If this wall is really being built which I believe it should and will be.....Not so crazy about all this spending and eminent domain being abused...However The Pope,U.S.President and Congress and mainly the Senate and Sepreme Court hold the most most power in the in this country.Unless you start getting into the darker side of the Military Industrial Complex.
Also this idea of allowing never ending illegal immigration is insanely wreckless policies...Trump is warning the American people this will destroy and erode the entire country in the future.You will have a major disaster in the future if this continues for 20 to 40 plus years.Eventually end up in war with Mexico.Some of you people really need to think hard about stuff like this.Drug Cartels would eventually be in American politics killing journalists and what not...
edit on 17-2-2019 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I'm in no way anti-trump so no hate hole please, just genuine opinion here. . . but I mean really? A wall? Is that really necessary with everything thats happening in the world. Not to mention the fact that its the 21st century America not 4th century Constantinople.

To me the wall always seemed like one of his elaborate social psychology schemes to unite the citizens he needed to achieve his real goals in office, but kept getting pressured until he actually ended up having to do it.

Immigration is a real issue in many ways, I won't argue its not. But how much will a wall accomplish when technology is moving so much faster, couldn't those resources be used in other ways to?

Also, I am aware that walls do indeed work as a good deterrent. Still seems over-the-top with our taxes. www.usatoday.com... 586853001/

Or border patrol could just team up with the nsa and have instant knowledge of anyone remotely considering to enter the US illegally long before and target their plans. . . .

PS I'm actually very thankful the nsa is so seclusive to who they work with for what; we'd all be in deep **** if all government agencies had access to their power.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: proximo

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: Drucifer

There are some technical aspects with the wall that are big glitches...like this one.

billion dollar steel wall cut thru with a 150 usd saws all...

www.nbcnews.com...

I am so sick of stupid arguments like this.

Let me try and explain this because apparently simple logic does not work with Trump haters.

NOBODY - NOBODY claims the wall is going to be 100% effective at stopping people. It is not even intended to be.
What it is intended to do is slow people down long enough for the border patrol to catch them.

Using a ladder, or cutting through it, or digging a tunnel under it all take time - time for them to be detected by the border patrol and arrested.

Instead of posting these ridiculous your wall won't work cause blah blah blah - try to actually think. The border patrol is the ones that want the walls.

Just like walls at prisons can be climbed over they are there to slow the prisoners down before the guards can stop them.

THINK Dammit. This country shouldn't be this stupid.

haha. Well said

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join